or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2814

post #42196 of 64940
bad enough you have petty people in the workplace, but petty bosses are fucking frustrating.
post #42197 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by donjuan17 View Post

stuff about paleo diets

Congratulations, y'all've topped veganism as the most ridiculous, nonsensical, and pointless hobby diet in existence.
post #42198 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Then again, what diet out there tells you to drink any alcohol?

The french and Russian. tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

Congratulations, y'all've topped veganism as the most ridiculous, nonsensical, and pointless hobby diet in existence.

Don't knock it till you try it, my allergies and light astma, disappeared after I stopped eating grain.
post #42199 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Don't knock it till you try it, my allergies and light astma, disappeared after I stopped eating grain.

Sound reasoning since clearly nothing else changed.
post #42200 of 64940
Dunno about adopting it as a "way of life" like veganism, but a modified version of paleo has helped me lose a lot of weight recently
post #42201 of 64940
I have noticed a trend. Wednesdays are always full of meetings and Friday's are always full of requests for things. I think I know why this is.
post #42202 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I have noticed a trend. Wednesdays are always full of meetings and Friday's are always full of requests for things. I think I know why this is.

Speaking of Friday requests...I took last Friday off to run a bunch of errands with Mrs. Piob. I was occupying my favorite spot at the bar for 3pm and my phone rings. It's "Work." I pick up thinking it might be something important. It's my most (and only) annoying direct. He tells me he emailed me something for review 30 minutes ago and is phoning to see why I've not reviewed it yet. He informs me it's due by Sunday midnight (wtf with that deadline?) so I absolutely must review it today. So I ripped him a new one, starting with the fact my "Out of Office" autoreply should have informed him I was not in the office and that only someone that does not value their job would demand from their boss a multipage application needs review ASAP at 3pm on Friday. There are some political and PR reasons I do not want to fire him until Q1 2014 but I just about jumped the gun last Friday.
post #42203 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Speaking of Friday requests...I took last Friday off to run a bunch of errands with Mrs. Piob. I was occupying my favorite spot at the bar for 3pm and my phone rings. It's "Work." I pick up thinking it might be something important. It's my most (and only) annoying direct. He tells me he emailed me something for review 30 minutes ago and is phoning to see why I've not reviewed it yet. He informs me it's due by Sunday midnight (wtf with that deadline?) so I absolutely must review it today. So I ripped him a new one, starting with the fact my "Out of Office" autoreply should have informed him I was not in the office and that only someone that does not value their job would demand from their boss a multipage application needs review ASAP at 3pm on Friday. There are some political and PR reasons I do not want to fire him until Q1 2014 but I just about jumped the gun last Friday.

Congrats, you're a total douchebag.
post #42204 of 64940
I seriously think people need me on Friday's more than any other day of the week. I think people are in a rush to get shit done that they neglected all damn week. It makes me furious. I work a lot of hours during the week so my boss gives me every other Friday off, which is amazing, but those Friday's I have off are basically me working from the coffee shop. Last week, it was me working from the coffee shop on Friday, Saturday getting so many phone calls and stuff I had to tell everybody to fuck off for 20 minutes until I got to the office to take care of shit they could have asked me for weeks ago.

I hate when somebody asks me for something that takes a lot of effort, and they need it immediately so I bust my balls to get it to them then I don't hear back from them until 2 weeks later when they have questions, comments, and edits that they need RIGHT NOW! Fuck you, bad planning on your part.
post #42205 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

Congrats, you're a total douchebag.

Um, no.
post #42206 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

Congrats, you're a total douchebag.

Thanks, mang!

Also come talk to me about dealing with problem employees when you occupy a position like I do, schoolboy.
post #42207 of 64940
So, Piob, am I to understand that you'll be hiring come Q1 of '14?
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

...

I hate when somebody asks me for something that takes a lot of effort, and they need it immediately so I bust my balls to get it to them then I don't hear back from them until 2 weeks later when they have questions, comments, and edits that they need RIGHT NOW! Fuck you, bad planning on your part.

I feel your pain. I have a boss like this. He was my immediate supervisor for a few years, and now he's my boss's boss, which actually makes it worse. It's infuriating, and completely disrespectful.
post #42208 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Thanks, mang!

Also come talk to me about dealing with problem employees when you occupy a position like I do, schoolboy.

Guild leader?
post #42209 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

So, Piob, am I to understand that you'll be hiring come Q1 of '14?
I feel your pain. I have a boss like this. He was my immediate supervisor for a few years, and now he's my boss's boss, which actually makes it worse. It's infuriating, and completely disrespectful.

Totally disrespectful. I used to have a boss like this, but not anymore thankfully. She used to have everything filter through her before going to another department, it was like she had zero trust in your work and that bugged me. It wouldn't have bugged me so much if the material actually got to the destination, but if you sent it to her it would go into a black hole that was her inbox and the personal who requested it wouldn't ever see it and I ended up looking like the asshole. I learned this quick and began going around her for everything. She ended up getting pulled from that position so I am happy with my new boss. It is other people's bosses that stuff infuriate me.
post #42210 of 64940
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

Guild leader?

Lollypop
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.