or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2716

post #40726 of 64945

It pisses me off that I wrote "principal" in my statement above when it should have been "principle."

Count backwards from 10.

Okay, I'm over it.
 

post #40727 of 64945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post

Not pissing me off, but rather, something that I do not quite understand, a high-school friend of mine just got married. He is a 22 year-old college dropout and does not work a job; his wife is unemployed as well--however, they are both serious ravers, so I guess that counts as something. He seemed like a pretty smart kid in high school; I do not understand some people--his wife is ugly as well.

The family that raves together stays together.
post #40728 of 64945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Everyone after Gen X, technically.

It's pretty damn broad though, some big differences between early 80s kids and the 90s kids who are hitting the workforce right now.

 

There is a big ass difference in the folks of my generation (born in the early 80's) to the little rat bastards born in the early 90's. I'm surprised half of them can even tie their shoes without mommy or daddy doing it for them.

post #40729 of 64945
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthewazzu View Post

There is a big ass difference in the folks of my generation (born in the early 80's) to the little rat bastards born in the early 90's. I'm surprised half of them can even tie their shoes without mommy or daddy doing it for them.
Comme des f'down
post #40730 of 64945
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthewazzu View Post

There is a big ass difference in the folks of my generation (born in the early 80's) to the little rat bastards born in the early 90's. I'm surprised half of them can even tie their shoes without mommy or daddy doing it for them.

eh stop lumping yourself with the older better generations....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
^i'm just kidding. I never got the whole who's a better generation thing. I was born in the very very late 70's. On a recent trip to florida I mentioned staying at my friends house and his kids (both below 13y/o) were stuck playing their video games and yelling into headsets 95% of the time . That shit isn't even new... at 12 I was stuck to my super nintendo and yelling at my friends playing madden when my mom's friends visited too.

what pisses me off is how the people don't understand the difference between "access to information" and actual intelligence/preparedness.

you can google the answer quickly on a smartphone and seem like you know what you're doing, thats the inherent advantage of this generation obviously, but did you take the time to learn the concept(s) and apply it/memorize it?

when I see a smug youngin think they are smart because the have access to info is when I get pissed. but overall the 20somethings and late teens of today are great and even a little smarter.
post #40731 of 64945
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

got mine last friday. also saw the new tax ass raping for 2013.

ffffuuuu.gif just about sums it up, as an understatement.

Lulz. So much I could say.
post #40732 of 64945
Quote:
Originally Posted by upthewazzu View Post

There is a big ass difference in the folks of my generation (born in the early 80's) to the little rat bastards born in the early 90's. I'm surprised half of them can even tie their shoes without mommy or daddy doing it for them.

Lulz. You all look the same to me.
post #40733 of 64945
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

got mine last friday. also saw the new tax ass raping for 2013.

ffffuuuu.gif just about sums it up, as an understatement.

i put a shit ton of exemptions on my w4 too - i shudder to think if i didn't.
post #40734 of 64945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Lulz. So much I could say.

such as? who likes taxes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Lulz. You all look the same to me.

post #40735 of 64945
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post

i put a shit ton of exemptions on my w4 too - i shudder to think if i didn't.

more than appropriate? smile.gif
post #40736 of 64945
there is an automated toll booth on my daily commute that for whatever reason, fails to detect my windshield device thingy (we call it Sunpass) around 10-15 times a year. it does, however, manage to take a picture of my car and license plate, and send me an unpaid toll ticket in the mail.

this pisses me off because i have to waste time, plus pay an admin fee on top of the toll. it is super inconvenient to take a different route, and even worse to use the manned booths to pay every day. so basically i think i'm fucked out of an extra $50-100 a year in these fucking fees (i don't mind, of course, paying the toll)

i've already asked multiple times why (a) they don't fix the goddamn thing, or (b) they have my Sunpass and credit card on file, why not automatically debit it....but i'm sure you know how that went. the thought has crossed my mind that perhaps they deliberately arent fixing the goddamned booth so they can collect extra revenue, but city governments can't be that dishonest, can they? rotflmao.gif
post #40737 of 64945
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

there is an automated toll booth on my daily commute that for whatever reason, fails to detect my windshield device thingy (we call it Sunpass) around 10-15 times a year. it does, however, manage to take a picture of my car and license plate, and send me an unpaid toll ticket in the mail.

this pisses me off because i have to waste time, plus pay an admin fee on top of the toll. it is super inconvenient to take a different route, and even worse to use the manned booths to pay every day. so basically i think i'm fucked out of an extra $50-100 a year in these fucking fees (i don't mind, of course, paying the toll)

i've already asked multiple times why (a) they don't fix the goddamn thing, or (b) they have my Sunpass and credit card on file, why not automatically debit it....but i'm sure you know how that went. the thought has crossed my mind that perhaps they deliberately arent fixing the goddamned booth so they can collect extra revenue, but city governments can't be that dishonest, can they? rotflmao.gif

I was pissed that the sunpass isn't compatible with EZ pass yet ffffuuuu.gif

it was a fucking cawk tease.... because I'd almost always want to pull right through with my EZ pass. at least the sun pass toll booth workers are are nice.
post #40738 of 64945
Still at work. Probably will be for a few more hours. Oh well, the taxpayers are kindly providing me with overtime while I eat pizza and wait for dismissal. laugh.gif
post #40739 of 64945
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

I was pissed that the sunpass isn't compatible with EZ pass yet ffffuuuu.gif

it was a fucking cawk tease.... because I'd almost always want to pull right through with my EZ pass. at least the sun pass toll booth workers are are nice.
iknorite?! the reverse pissed me off when we drove up to MD and NY last year
post #40740 of 64945
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

more than appropriate? smile.gif

i try to not get a tax refund every year. the idea of giving the government an interest-free loan......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.