or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2700

post #40486 of 68106
and almost lunchtime!
post #40487 of 68106
nod[1].gif
post #40488 of 68106
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

I have a client who owes me big time. I haven't paid for sausage or pork or bacon in three years. How am I doing?

The only reason I bother with this awful 'money' nonsense is because it buys pork products. You're taking the more direct route. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #40489 of 68106
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

sounds like my grandmother. never hear the end of things and every piece of advice is repeated three times minimum
job hunt is pissing me off. i'll never get employed. im going to end up a bum. i dont understand how people with low GPAs can possibly get employed

Have you tried networking? Having someone pass along your resume can help mitigate a low GPA.
post #40490 of 68106
People once in a while ask me if I can do anything to help them get a job where I work and I feel useless. There is nothing employees can really do. HR yells at us if we try to contact them about an applicant. The best I can do for somebody is talk to the manager of the group they want to apply to if I happen to know them.
post #40491 of 68106
Trying not to.
post #40492 of 68106
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

People once in a while ask me if I can do anything to help them get a job where I work and I feel useless. There is nothing employees can really do. HR yells at us if we try to contact them about an applicant. The best I can do for somebody is talk to the manager of the group they want to apply to if I happen to know them.

Well, of course talking to HR doesn't work.

The whole reason they are asking you is that they also don't want to go through HR. Getting your application in the hands of the manager that wants to hire them is key--the manager can usually skip through the HR shit for their own positions.
post #40493 of 68106
That is impossible at my company. No way to avoid HR.
post #40494 of 68106
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

They live among us, but they are not one of us.

One of us. Gobble gobble. One of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

The slovenly attire worn by our fellow humans. This morning I saw more than one person in awful jeans, baggy untucked shirt, and New Blanace sneakers and it made me ffffuuuu.gif

Uggz make me sick just looking at them. Fucking sweatboxes for stinky feet.
post #40495 of 68106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

You just out yuppied all of us. Congratulations.

Really? I go into WF about once a year. I think I just out Italian Grandma'ed ya'll.

This is the 2000s, not the 1950s. Yuppies love locally owned green grocers. Italian Grandmas love Smart and Final.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

sounds like my grandmother. never hear the end of things and every piece of advice is repeated three times minimum
job hunt is pissing me off. i'll never get employed. im going to end up a bum. i dont understand how people with low GPAs can possibly get employed

Have you tried networking? Having someone pass along your resume can help mitigate a low GPA.

The best book I've seen on this topic:

post #40496 of 68106
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

This is the 2000s, not the 1950s. Yuppies love locally owned green grocers. Italian Grandmas love Smart and Final.

No idea what Smart and Final is.

I love stores close by and/or on the way home from work that don't rob me. I thought over paying, i.e. Whole Paycheque, was an essential part of Yuppie-dom?
post #40497 of 68106
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

One of us. Gobble gobble. One of us.
Uggz make me sick just looking at them. Fucking sweatboxes for stinky feet.

They are beyond awful. Did you know that lots of girls wear them without socks? It's apparently the "thing." It also makes my stomach churn.
post #40498 of 68106
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


Uggz make me sick just looking at them. Fucking sweatboxes for stinky feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

They are beyond awful. Did you know that lots of girls wear them without socks? It's apparently the "thing." It also makes my stomach churn.
I don't understand the appeal of Uggs, and am always amazed at the number of people who will wait in line in the rain and bitter cold to get into the store. confused.gif
post #40499 of 68106
One day this couple stopped me on the street and asked me if I knew where the Ugg store was. I was really tempted to say, "Do I look like I know where the Ugg store is?"
post #40500 of 68106
I've always thought they were named Uggs because of the noise you make when you see them
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.