or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2699

post #40471 of 67803
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

it was my sister in law's housewarming party. and we were in the dining room, and my wife and her was talking about the dining room floor (she spent a fortune on the floor using italian tiles or something) and mr. wonderful butted in saying my sister in law should have the floor coated with wax because the tiles are getting darker and will be ugly soon. fucking life of the party!

sounds like my grandmother. never hear the end of things and every piece of advice is repeated three times minimum


job hunt is pissing me off. i'll never get employed. im going to end up a bum. i dont understand how people with low GPAs can possibly get employed
post #40472 of 67803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

^Sounds like a real bitch! (No offense)

She is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

That's not a fuck-up, that's SOP for these cases. Once someone starts holding them accountable, they move on to another sucker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i wish i could say i disagree with this, but sadly i cant. and the other disturbing thing i find is, that that type of personality is generally very skilled at fooling the next unknowing victim.
really sorry ed. frown.gif

Thanks dudes. I legitimately believe that she is not that insidious but because she has no ability to read social cues or settings, I think she doesn't get why what she does is so hurtful. Like, there is probably some narcissism or whatever but I think the main thing is she has less than no grasp of what she does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Canuker View Post

I hate to say but at times LC's little sister reminds me of Ed's. The amount of times that she has picked up and moved to a new city in the last few years is amazing. It seems that everytime stuff either gets hard or good a "event" has to occur which shines the light back on her. Sad as she has two kids whom are very nice but are getting the bad end of the deal. One has gone to live with the dad but still gets dragged into the BS and the other one is to young. At times I think we should just offer to take him and let her go live the single life.....

Yeah, I was talking to my mom about her last night because she's been pretty bent out of shape over my sister and the thing we both agreed on is that its a godsend my sister does not have kids.

But yeah, my mom is the only person I feel sorry for in this situation. She told me she feels like a failure when she sees how my sister has (not) progressed over the years, ruins all her relationships etc. She was pretty well shaken by it all and she really doesn't have anyone to talk to about it. I guess what really worries me is that she too honestly thinks the stress and worry of my sister will kill either my mom or my dad. My mom said now after my sister's blowups it takes her a week to lose the stress and physical tension it creates in her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Whole Foods is absurd. They have some nice stuff that I'd consider paying for, but you'd be an idiot to get staple items there. They really are significantly more expensive, for exactly the same brands. Their meats/seafood look nice, but they're way too expensive for me to consider buying. I'm not paying $16/lbs for salmon when I can get nice fresh stuff for $6 at the ethnic grocery place. My wife loves the idea of WF, and not surprisingly she's never aware of relative prices.
I like Traders Joes, but mostly for treats shog[1].gif

So I have to be pretty frugal with my money and on many, many things, WF is cheaper than Publix. For example, I buy tofu every week for breakfast and it is usually 70 cents cheaper to get it at WF than anywhere else. For the quantities I need, spices and seasonings are the same price at WF. Most produce is the same price. What is different is meat. However, considering I usually buy the same items every week, I know exactly what to get at WF and what to get elsewhere. My apples are the one exception. I usually pay about $2 or $3 extra for the variety of apples at WF (fuck Red Delicious). Basically, my point is that its a mixed bag, at least what I have to buy. If I go see a movie on sundays there is a Publix next to the theater and I just shop there so often the point is moot, anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

fuck him, if he calls I think I'll finally end what he believes is our friendship.

Why are you still "friends" to begin with?

I am aging really quickly looking at photos of me from this time last year. frown.gif
post #40473 of 67803
The lack of evening gowns in this city
post #40474 of 67803
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

...
job hunt is pissing me off. i'll never get employed. im going to end up a bum. i dont understand how people with low GPAs can possibly get employed

Keep your head up, and try not to get discouraged. The market is brutal. I have great experience and a professional degree from an excellent program, and, despite aggressively pursuing anything that looks good, I'm still not getting any solid bites. Very few people I know are changing/finding jobs right now. There just aren't many openings, and, when an opening does come up, it's inundated with applicants.

Employers are also trying to leverage the fact that so many people are searching by trying to get great talent at a discount. As an example, MrsG applied for a job in the fall. She's a state-licensed professional geologist with 10+ years of experience and fantastic references. Despite the fact that the prospective employer knew her current salary and was aware that she was just looking for something new, she got an offer that amounted to a 40%(!!!) pay cut. It was a complete waste of time and utterly facepalm.gif.

So, all of that being said, good luck! You'll find something, but believe me when I say that I know the search it completely miserable. Just keep in mind that things are really rough out there right now, so having trouble finding something isn't necessarily a reflection on you.
post #40475 of 67803
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post


Employers are also trying to leverage the fact that so many people are searching by trying to get great talent at a discount. As an example, MrsG applied for a job in the fall. She's a state-licensed professional geologist with 10+ years of experience and fantastic references. Despite the fact that the prospective employer knew her current salary and was aware that she was just looking for something new, she got an offer that amounted to a 40%(!!!) pay cut. It was a complete waste of time and utterly facepalm.gif. .
Lol. That's a blessing in disguise that this happened up front and have your wife realize that she would have been working for a bunch of idiots.
post #40476 of 67803
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

My girlfriend has this habit of filling the dishwasher, but not turning it on. Then I come home from work and need a ton of stuff in it and have to hand wash things. Pisses me off.

At least yours puts things in the dishwasher. I'm trying to get the wife to even use the damn sink.
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

sounds like my grandmother. never hear the end of things and every piece of advice is repeated three times minimum
job hunt is pissing me off. i'll never get employed. im going to end up a bum. i dont understand how people with low GPAs can possibly get employed

Feel your pain, broheim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Keep your head up, and try not to get discouraged. The market is brutal. (...)

Yep, this too.
post #40477 of 67803
The slovenly attire worn by our fellow humans. This morning I saw more than one person in awful jeans, baggy untucked shirt, and New Blanace sneakers and it made me ffffuuuu.gif
post #40478 of 67803
They live among us, but they are not one of us.
post #40479 of 67803
wife in bad mood

kid crying

barber late

towel for some reason left towel lint all over me

had to find tape stick roller to remove it

jeweler did not have shit ready

people driving on the highway were being retarded

late to work

too many people in the office

one of bosses being a dumbass

what a mess of a morning. ugh.
post #40480 of 67803
Push through, pal. Weekend is here.

Reminds me there is this restaurant that gives you these terry cloth napkins and it gets lint all over my fucking pants. I never use them and ask for paper napkins. They are always confused.
post #40481 of 67803
Wife is having minor procedure in the city. Original appointment was for 7:30 and they called to confirm yesterday at noon. At about 6:00pm they called back and said they needed us to change our appointment to 8:30 wife said ok. Been here since 8:30 and all they have done is take her medical info and administered a urine test. WTF!
post #40482 of 67803
Welcome to medical offices.
post #40483 of 67803
This one is particularly horrible. An hour I can understand - 2.5 hrs is beyond absurd. She just got called to have a anesthesia consultation to decide how she wants to undergo the procedure. What a croc of horseshit.
post #40484 of 67803
Wait until it is all free.
post #40485 of 67803
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Push through, pal. Weekend is here.

thanks buddy, things have smoothed over on all fronts now. its all good. ::
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.