or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2689

post #40321 of 64926
Getting ready for work which makes me happt but LC is watching that Farkin toddlers and tiaras show. Stupid show and isn't really something I'd consider TLC programing. All the moms are such fatties.
post #40322 of 64926
I'm still recovering from nye, and in the office with a serious lack of sleep. Dozing off now and again.

Luckily today is a day that dozing of is actually possible, but the downside is that its taking waaaaaay to long for this day to end.
post #40323 of 64926
Well, my first workday of the year just started ffffuuuu.gif

after 3.5 weeks on holiday I'm running into serious motivation issues
post #40324 of 64926
I thought of a really funny thing to tweet in the middle of the night, but forgot it this morning.
post #40325 of 64926
I've only worked a half day (12/31) since 12/21, so today is my first full day back in the office since before the holidays, and it's really sinking in that all the time off and festivities are over. It is also reminding me how loathsome I find my job to be, and how badly I want a change.

Also, I miss my kid. I enjoyed all the time we spent together while his mama and I were off work, and that's just making it harder to be away from him all day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Must be nice to work for somebody else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

I know there are a lot of negatives re: being your own boss but some days I yearn for a gig where I stumble into a home office and work from there. Shit, I'd be happy enough working for The Man from home.

I can't begin to express how badly I want to be self employed. I know it's not a panacea for my work-related complaints, but I hate working for someone else. Problem is, the things I'm qualified to do don't really lend themselves to starting my own business, and I've yet to come upon something that is both lucrative and interesting enough to start doing just for the sake of being an entrepreneur.
post #40326 of 64926
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

paid everything by phone by 1:15 am this morning. tomorrow I'll go to the consulate and make sure that his address is no longer registered as my address, hopefully there won't be any complications, and hopefully his anger will blow over.

Glad you got this squared away, your friend's anger should pass soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Yeah GT you have a good heart and are a really good person. So is everyone else here; you guys are all really good people. Brohugs.

+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I've only worked a half day (12/31) since 12/21, so today is my first full day back in the office since before the holidays, and it's really sinking in that all the time off and festivities are over. It is also reminding me how loathsome I find my job to be, and how badly I want a change.
(...)
I can't begin to express how badly I want to be self employed. I know it's not a panacea for my work-related complaints, but I hate working for someone else. Problem is, the things I'm qualified to do don't really lend themselves to starting my own business, and I've yet to come upon something that is both lucrative and interesting enough to start doing just for the sake of being an entrepreneur.

Man, at least you got some time off. I had the 25th and the 1st off, and that was it. Not even the Saturdays that are required by Executive Whim. Granted we're short-handed (again, by Executive Whim) but still.
post #40327 of 64926
At work there is a revolving door and two regular doors. Everybody avoids the revolving and it bugs me because the revolving door is so much more efficient for both speed and energy waste.
post #40328 of 64926
I am such a fucking gigantic fatass. I've known for a long time that I'm a big guy, but thought I dressed it well and that at least I still had some pretty solid looks, if perhaps a bit bulked up. But the past few months I've blown through into straight up, unhealthy, blobby slobby disgusting fatty territory. I've learned my BP is high, and I sustained a sports injury that probably would not have happened were I not carrying so much weight. The last straw was on NYE, putting on one of my custom shirts and my favorite sportcoat (a bespoke number) and realizing that I was uncomfortable because everything was tight.

I need to lose at least 15, and preferably for the long-term, 30-40 lbs.

Wish me luck.
post #40329 of 64926
You'll do it! Carb depravation mode!
post #40330 of 64926
Every night for the last three weeks I've woken up in a panic. Often I think there's a new pill--which comes in a red box--that I am supposed to give Genevieve at night, but I forgot to do it. (There is no such pill.) And sometimes I think I've let the dog out, but I forgot to let him back in. (I do not have a dog.) It usually takes me about a minute to figure out there's no problem. It would be nice to sleep through the night at some point.
post #40331 of 64926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

I am such a fucking gigantic fatass. I've known for a long time that I'm a big guy, but thought I dressed it well and that at least I still had some pretty solid looks, if perhaps a bit bulked up. But the past few months I've blown through into straight up, unhealthy, blobby slobby disgusting fatty territory. I've learned my BP is high, and I sustained a sports injury that probably would not have happened were I not carrying so much weight. The last straw was on NYE, putting on one of my custom shirts and my favorite sportcoat (a bespoke number) and realizing that I was uncomfortable because everything was tight.
I need to lose at least 15, and preferably for the long-term, 30-40 lbs.
Wish me luck.

All it takes is eating and a little movement. I started going back to the gym about 6 months back and have just taken it easy, nothing major and I'm not going to kill myself this time. Eating a easy breakfast, salad or soup for lunch and a decent dinner. I've maintained the same weight but every thing fits and looks better. While I am not sure if I will be back down to 170 ish I'm just pleased to be healthier than my average peer group.

No silly goals but just small ones that add up.
post #40332 of 64926
I got the 24th and 25th off (thanks for the 24th Obama!), then the 31st/1st. This is the first time in my life that I haven't gotten two week or more. Feels good actually, I'm usually bored out of my mind by Christmas. Was weird being in the office with no managers around for a week, but I got some good stuff done and could sit here listening to music while working and not worry about it. Go to the gym early, come back to my office for some more work. Was nice.

Now I have a project due ASAP and some meeting with three levels of supervisors about it. They haven't scheduled a date for it yet and so (of course like an idiot) I haven't finished the presentation yet.
post #40333 of 64926
What does having the 24th off have to do with Obama? confused.gif
post #40334 of 64926
I've put on some serious pounds this last month. Going to be paying for all that high living for a while. OTOH I still have a late xmas with some family this weekend so the months of asceticism will be delayed a few days.
post #40335 of 64926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

...
Man, at least you got some time off. I had the 25th and the 1st off, and that was it. Not even the Saturdays that are required by Executive Whim. Granted we're short-handed (again, by Executive Whim) but still.

I am definitely very grateful for the time off, no doubt about that. We took full advantage of all of it, and it was a lot of fun.

It was just really jarring coming back today, and it exacerbated my frustration with certain issues. I think being away for a bit gave me some time to disconnect from the stuff that was bothering me, so now it's a bit of a slap in the face to be back, and it's left me feeling pretty discouraged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

What does having the 24th off have to do with Obama? confused.gif

Gib is a federal employee.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.