or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2637

post #39541 of 66064
So this girl that I work with didn't get the raise she wanted after only 6 months of working for the company. Now she takes every opportunity she can to bash management, make snide remarks, call the company cheap every chance she possibly can. It is getting really old, annoying, unproductive, and telling of what kind of person she is. I think she should buck up and get with it.
post #39542 of 66064
i dont like it when people bash other people to other people. it just makes them look petty


i have another final in 3.5 hours that i'm not ready for and i have no motivation to study
post #39543 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

i have another final in 3.5 hours that i'm not ready for and i have no motivation to study

I assume your final is not about the relative merits of various nations' chocolates? smile.gif
post #39544 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I assume your final is not about the relative merits of various nations' chocolates? smile.gif

or the complex dynamics of coffees?
post #39545 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

i dont like it when people bash other people to other people. it just makes them look petty

In the work environment I tell people that what Jack has to say about Jill usually says more about Jack than it does about Jill.
post #39546 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

i plan to get a week's worth of drinking in tonight at the wife's company holiday party

do you hope to act regrettably as well? smile.gif
post #39547 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

So this girl that I work with didn't get the raise she wanted after only 6 months of working for the company. Now she takes every opportunity she can to bash management, make snide remarks, call the company cheap every chance she possibly can. It is getting really old, annoying, unproductive, and telling of what kind of person she is. I think she should buck up and get with it.

I am of the opinion that like 90% of people's problems are caused by them refusing to buck up and get with it.
post #39548 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

It's between floors, so I'm reasonably certain it's not the roof, though I can't be 100% positive. It could have followed the structure and just showed up where it is.
There's a bathroom up there, but the leak is 10-15 feet from it, and I don't see any evidence of a leak in there. There's a bedroom above the wet spot, and there aren't any wet areas anywhere in the room.
I'm thinking it's a leaky pipe. The plumbing runs to the side of the house the stain is on, and if I followed a line leading from the stain, I'd end up in the bathroom.
Now I'm stuck debating whether or not to pay the cost for an emergency plumber or just cross my fingers and hope it's okay until morning. I'm leaning toward waiting, especially because there hasn't been any change since I noticed it a couple hours ago, there's no bulging, and the spot is only damp (the only way I knew it was wet was because it feels cold), but I'm worried that could turn out to be an enormous, expensive error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Can you access a valve and shut off access to the upstairs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Nope. Unfortunately, the only mass cutoff is the main valve into the house. I can't do floor-by-floor.

If there isn't bulging and the stain isn't spreading, an emergency plumber isn't needed, unless the water's already covered most of your wall or something. No point in paying 2-3x market rate if you don't have to, this is probably going to be really expensive (drywall, paint, etc). Depending on how comfortable you are with plumbing you might be able to do it yourself. Plumbing is not my forte.
post #39549 of 66064
I decided against an emergency plumber. I got up there last night and cut a hole in the drywall to see if anything major was lurking underneath. It was (as expected) damp, but there was no standing water or anything, so I let it go overnight. I marked the area with a pencil, and the spot hasn't grown, which is good.

I'm glad I waited. I have a guy who can do this type of stuff, but he's not an emergency-type resource, so I couldn't call him until this morning. When we talked, he said he doesn't think it's going to be a big deal, so I'm hopeful I won't take too huge a hit with the bill.
post #39550 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I decided against an emergency plumber. I got up there last night and cut a hole in the drywall to see if anything major was lurking underneath. It was (as expected) damp, but there was no standing water or anything, so I let it go overnight. I marked the area with a pencil, and the spot hasn't grown, which is good.
I'm glad I waited. I have a guy who can do this type of stuff, but he's not an emergency-type resource, so I couldn't call him until this morning. When we talked, he said he doesn't think it's going to be a big deal, so I'm hopeful I won't take too huge a hit with the bill.

this is very good news. i wish i was handy like that. can you use a lighter to fix dry wall, like with shoes laces?

---
sidebar - sometimes people post things that makes me want to bitch slap them. and then punch them in the face for good measure.
post #39551 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

I am of the opinion that like 90% of people's problems are caused by them refusing to buck up and get with it.
Truth!!!
post #39552 of 66064
I keep getting Facebook notifications and I think "oh good, someone is communicating with me!" But every damn time it's "So and so invites you to play Dragon Munch" or "Such and such invites you to play Bejeweled Bunghole."
post #39553 of 66064
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I keep getting Facebook notifications and I think "oh good, someone is communicating with me!" But every damn time it's "So and so invites you to play Dragon Munch" or "Such and such invites you to play Bejeweled Bunghole."

Sorry, I thought you'd enjoy a virtual trip through the corundum chasm. My bad.
post #39554 of 66064
I ate an entire box of Ricolas. I am thinking that was a bad idea.
post #39555 of 66064
I've been reading about bed bugs and of course am now paranoid that I have them. Every speck I see makes my heart leap. Yay anxiety! ffffuuuu.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.