or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2616

post #39226 of 61953
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

okay this is bad.... some of you might remember, during my time off from work last month one of our staff had some kind of mental breakdown at work- speaking gibberish and was kinda spaced out. she went on a leave and did some tests and all that. well she reported to work monday, and I asked for her medical files just to make sure she's getting proper treatment and all. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
as an aside, I do this because one thing about living in the 3rd world where universal health care is at a bare minimum- you could end up with a fuck up of a doctor that will just give you their equivalence of "take 2 aspirins and call me in the morning" even if you're literally dying right in front of him
this staff of ours has been here even before I started working here and she's like family. so anyway, I showed the mri result to a sibling of mine who happens to be an specialist in that field, and she just told me that it doesn't look good- as in she probably has brain tumor, and its pretty big and spreading. I've personally arranged for her to see a neuro-oncologist first thing in the morning tomorrow, and from what I've been told, she'll probably be admitted immediately for a biopsy.
she doesn't know how possibly severe her condition is. Its more prudent for the doctor to tell her, and I don't wanna scare her by telling her what may or may not have. but today is probably her last day to work here, after more than 2 decades. everyone in the office is bummed out, like how you know a family member is dying. life indeed sucks sometimes. fuck.
ouch I can't even imagine being in that position frown.gif
post #39227 of 61953
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

feel better meng. I wish I could go there, give you a nice warm bath, and scrub that bear of a body of yours all over, dress you up, tuck you in and do a reach around while you're lying there with me nibbling your soft earlobe. nod[1].gif

i feel better already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

okay this is bad.... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
some of you might remember, during my time off from work last month one of our staff had some kind of mental breakdown at work- speaking gibberish and was kinda spaced out. she went on a leave and did some tests and all that. well she reported to work monday, and I asked for her medical files just to make sure she's getting proper treatment and all. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
as an aside, I do this because one thing about living in the 3rd world where universal health care is at a bare minimum- you could end up with a fuck up of a doctor that will just give you their equivalence of "take 2 aspirins and call me in the morning" even if you're literally dying right in front of him
this staff of ours has been here even before I started working here and she's like family. so anyway, I showed the mri result to a sibling of mine who happens to be an specialist in that field, and she just told me that it doesn't look good- as in she probably has brain tumor, and its pretty big and spreading. I've personally arranged for her to see a neuro-oncologist first thing in the morning tomorrow, and from what I've been told, she'll probably be admitted immediately for a biopsy.
she doesn't know how possibly severe her condition is. Its more prudent for the doctor to tell her, and I don't wanna scare her by telling her what may or may not have. but today is probably her last day to work here, after more than 2 decades.
everyone in the office is bummed out, like how you know a family member is dying. life indeed sucks sometimes. fuck.

thats really sad, im sorry to hear that. it should noted, you are a good boss.
post #39228 of 61953
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

Well since we're talking about interviews and knowing ms office is being considered a skill...
Maybe my love stories will bring the lawlz and land me a job one day.
I applied for a bs sales position at apple retail, wanted the discount, and towards the end one of the interviewers asked me, "is there anything you haven't done"
Cal: "yeah, I haven't gone skiing as much as I would like to this season"
I don't think he appreciated my answer.

I had someone ask me "if you could change anything about your self what would it be?" being taller, so I could reach things on the top shelf easier, wasn't the correct answer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

lol, thanks. blush.gif
while it is indeed rather easy to like me, wanting to have me around you all day, and having to paying me for it, is another story entirely.

Can't imagine why. tongue.gif
Edited by Find Finn - 12/6/12 at 2:04am
post #39229 of 61953
They day started out great. Nice run around 6, first snow of the year and thus extremely clean air.

Then the morning commute began baldy[1].gif

instead of 1h20min , it took a grand total of 2h45min. I hate people who cant drive in the snow.
To annoy me even further, my managing director suggested I leave even earlier on these type of days. Then proceeds to ask if I have brought some candy leftover from last night (national holiday in the netherlands with a particular type of candy).

fuck him.
post #39230 of 61953
People who claim to be selling items on B&S but who wont return PMs when you want to buy their stuff.
post #39231 of 61953
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

okay this is bad....
It's good that you asked for documentation and then followed up. The likely result is just awful. I wish the best for her. Kudos to you for your concern and effort to get her to a competent doc.
post #39232 of 61953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

"low utilizer" and would not drive up the cost of health care premiums. laugh.gif

This reminds me, the cost of our plan more than doubled for next year. Want to know the top reason? This literally made me sick and hate the people that I work with. Well we have a pretty nice plan, and for a while it was cheap, well rather than pay a $25 copay to see a doctor when you are sick people were just going to the emergency room to avoid the $25 copay. Not only are you a cheap piece of shit, you are a time waster sitting in the emergency room for 5 hours and most likely not at work. Un-fucking-believable!
post #39233 of 61953
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

This reminds me, the cost of our plan more than doubled for next year. Want to know the top reason? This literally made me sick and hate the people that I work with. Well we have a pretty nice plan, and for a while it was cheap, well rather than pay a $25 copay to see a doctor when you are sick people were just going to the emergency room to avoid the $25 copay. Not only are you a cheap piece of shit, you are a time waster sitting in the emergency room for 5 hours and most likely not at work. Un-fucking-believable!

Welcome to single payer universal healthcare. Enjoy your stay in Canada.
post #39234 of 61953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

I had someone ask me "if you could change anything about your self what would it be?" being taller, so I could reach things on the top shelf easier, wasn't the correct answer.


I'm so glad I don't have a real job and haven't had to put up with these kinds of interviews in the last ten years.
post #39235 of 61953
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

(...)
while it is indeed rather easy to like me, wanting to have me around you all day, and having to paying me for it, is another story entirely.

you could truthfully say this about a lot of us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

okay this is bad.... some of you might remember, during my time off from work last month one of our staff had some kind of mental breakdown at work- speaking gibberish and was kinda spaced out. she went on a leave and did some tests and all that. well she reported to work monday, and I asked for her medical files just to make sure she's getting proper treatment and all. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
as an aside, I do this because one thing about living in the 3rd world where universal health care is at a bare minimum- you could end up with a fuck up of a doctor that will just give you their equivalence of "take 2 aspirins and call me in the morning" even if you're literally dying right in front of him
this staff of ours has been here even before I started working here and she's like family. so anyway, I showed the mri result to a sibling of mine who happens to be an specialist in that field, and she just told me that it doesn't look good- as in she probably has brain tumor, and its pretty big and spreading. I've personally arranged for her to see a neuro-oncologist first thing in the morning tomorrow, and from what I've been told, she'll probably be admitted immediately for a biopsy.
she doesn't know how possibly severe her condition is. Its more prudent for the doctor to tell her, and I don't wanna scare her by telling her what may or may not have. but today is probably her last day to work here, after more than 2 decades. everyone in the office is bummed out, like how you know a family member is dying. life indeed sucks sometimes. fuck.

oh, holy cow. I'm glad you're looking out for her, but still, that's an awful position to be in. Most bosses wouldn't go to the trouble.
post #39236 of 61953
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


I'm so glad I don't have a real job and haven't had to put up with these kinds of interviews in the last ten years.

What do you do for a living? Self employed?

post #39237 of 61953
They are testing the fire alarms in my condo building this morning. That means I have to hear very loud alarms inside my condo. The worst is that little Genevieve has no idea what the hell's going in and she gets very scared.
post #39238 of 61953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

At my first public sector conference; they are infinitely worse than academic conferences.

Try a Congressional or State Legislature committee hearing. You'll want to jump out the window.
post #39239 of 61953
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

This reminds me, the cost of our plan more than doubled for next year. Want to know the top reason? This literally made me sick and hate the people that I work with. Well we have a pretty nice plan, and for a while it was cheap, well rather than pay a $25 copay to see a doctor when you are sick people were just going to the emergency room to avoid the $25 copay. Not only are you a cheap piece of shit, you are a time waster sitting in the emergency room for 5 hours and most likely not at work. Un-fucking-believable!

My ER copay is huge...why don't you guys just have an ER copay? Even if it was the same $25--it would make a scheduled appointment with a known doctor a 100% better option.
post #39240 of 61953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

you could truthfully say this about a lot of us.

troof
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.