or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2571

post #38551 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

someone done stole my photo!
...but they stole it for diabetes Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I now see it getting shared all around facebook between the cyclists...
I'm not sure how to respond.
On one hand, I took these photos for people to see pictures of themselves racing and don't mind (and am happy) if someone puts up the photo as their profile or something, especially if they at least say where they got it.
On the other hand...they've modified the photo and turned it into an advertisement. It may be an advertisement for an insiprational team of diabetic athletes but it is still an advertisement and they didn't even bother to leave a photo credit. I suppose I could watermark everything, but this shot cropped out the part of the image where the water mark would have been anyways.
I don't want to shit up their facebook post complaining about not at least getting credit...but I feel like I should at least contact them privately and express my concerns right?

Call them out on their fb page. that's highly unprofessional and shows a lack of integrity on their part. Very worrying for a charity.
post #38552 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

someone done stole my photo!
...but they stole it for diabetes Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I now see it getting shared all around facebook between the cyclists...
I'm not sure how to respond.
On one hand, I took these photos for people to see pictures of themselves racing and don't mind (and am happy) if someone puts up the photo as their profile or something, especially if they at least say where they got it.
On the other hand...they've modified the photo and turned it into an advertisement. It may be an advertisement for an insiprational team of diabetic athletes but it is still an advertisement and they didn't even bother to leave a photo credit. I suppose I could watermark everything, but this shot cropped out the part of the image where the water mark would have been anyways.
I don't want to shit up their facebook post complaining about not at least getting credit...but I feel like I should at least contact them privately and express my concerns right?

Give them a call, dont shit up the fb page.

Explain that you dont mind the photo being used in this manner and have no commercial interest in it, but would like to get credit for taking it.
post #38553 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

One thing I have noticed in work environments in general is that some people get things done and some don't. The ones who have reputations for getting things done end up with lots of work to do and those with reputations for dropping the ball end up with little work to do.

My mother always used the phrase 'If you want something done, ask a busy person.'
post #38554 of 67904
I think I'm getting old. I don't know how I got hung over with five scotches and two glasses of wine. I guess the bonus is finding some bartender's e-mail in my jacket in the morning.
post #38555 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Bought a Danish dresser from Craigslist that had a glossy oil polyurethane finish. It's probably about thirty years old. I planned on refinishing it by chemically stripping the finish coat with steel wool, re-staining in a different color, and then sealing it with a satin polyurethane. I started today and noticed its going to be very difficult to remove the existing varnish with steel wool, because I suspect there are three coats of it on there. That leaves me with hand-sanding or power sanding, but the drawers have a veneer on top of solid wood, which risks sanding through. So I'll probably have to sand it by hand with a much finer grade paper that I'd want, which will take forever, and I'll have to do it outside in the cold over a couple days, bringing it back inside after each day. Otherwise it will get stolen. Once it's sanded, then it will probably need a coat of conditioner, two coats of stain, and then finishing sealer. We're talking a lot of work. ffffuuuu.gif

Heat gun and putty knife or scraper, then chemical stripper (if needed), give it plenty of time to work then scrape again, then solvent, then sand.

Be careful not to scorch the timber.
post #38556 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwiffo View Post

I think I'm getting old. I don't know how I got hung over with five scotches and two glasses of wine. I guess the bonus is finding some bartender's e-mail in my jacket in the morning.

Humble brag, I think there's a thread for that.
post #38557 of 67904
big fat cocksucker in the bed next to me snoring like a freight train. barely got any sleep. i fucking HATE snorers.
post #38558 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

big fat cocksucker in the bed next to me snoring like a freight train. barely got any sleep. i fucking HATE snorers.
did he at least spoon you?
post #38559 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

My mother always used the phrase 'If you want something done, ask a busy person.'

+10000000000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

big fat cocksucker in the bed next to me snoring like a freight train. barely got any sleep. i fucking HATE snorers.

did you at least take advantage of the cocksucker part?
post #38560 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

There is a very important task at work that I have been responsible for in the past, but which I'm not responsible for this year. It has become crystal clear that the person responsible for it this year is unwilling to spend even the minimal effort required to do it right. Since the job is so important, and since I know how to do it, I decided (with the approval of the person above me in the hierarchy) to just do it my goddamn self. Even though I have one of the heaviest workloads in my department.
One thing I have noticed in work environments in general is that some people get things done and some don't. The ones who have reputations for getting things done end up with lots of work to do and those with reputations for dropping the ball end up with little work to do.

This is the story of my life.

I want to get into management as fast as possible, but I have a hard time relying on people. There is that old adage, "If you want something done right, do it yourself". I just know it is hard to find somebody who cares about what they do like I do. I am kind of scared for the time when I am going to have to find "me" out there.
post #38561 of 67904
I have been having this recurring dream where I am back in college and I realize that I signed up for a class, forgot about it the majority of the semester and will fail it. Another take on this same dream is I go to take a test in a class and have no idea what the material is and cannot answer any of the questions. I had these dreams all last week and last night my dream was that I was filled with apprehension about talking to my professors about my performance and making up materials. Odd.
post #38562 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

This is the story of my life.
I want to get into management as fast as possible, but I have a hard time relying on people. There is that old adage, "If you want something done right, do it yourself". I just know it is hard to find somebody who cares about what they do like I do. I am kind of scared for the time when I am going to have to find "me" out there.

What really frustrates me is that some people always put in the rock bottom minimum effort on their assigned work. They can say truthfully that they're working on it, but the quality of their work is so low as to be unacceptable to anyone who really cares about it. (For those who don't care strongly about it, it will fall into that very large category of "good enough.") I'm unwilling to stand by and watch that happen, so I saddle myself with more work.

Of course another thing I have learned is that 90% of the people work harder than most of their colleagues. I really don't think I'm being that person here, but still, it's helpful to keep in mind.
post #38563 of 67904
Sometimes I wonder what goes through people's heads at work. I will send them a presentation and ask them to put in a slide some some kind of information they have. Then they will send the presentation back with their stuff in there in a completely different format, color scheme and everything. Sure, they sent the information, but it sends a message to me that they are either lazy, don't give a shit, or braindead.
post #38564 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I have been having this recurring dream where I am back in college and I realize that I signed up for a last, forgot about it the majority of the semester and will fail it. Another take on this same dream is I go to take a test in a class and have no idea what the material is and cannot answer any of the questions. I had these dreams all last week and last night my dream was that I was filled with apprehension about talking to my professors about my performance and making up materials. Odd.

^i used to have that dream/nightmare constantly. that and walking up huge thin staircases with no railings on the side *

my worse recurring nightmare is falling into a murky/muddy river calming myself and start swimming towards the boat/shore and then seeing/hearing a huge crocodile go under water about 20 feet away.


*prologue:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I was fucking terrified when I realized that I literally had to deal with a nightmare scenario when we went to Machu Picchu

7028368231_f73a4fa149_z.jpg

but I eventually just dealt with it. It wasn't pretty, I was scared as hell, and I was a total fucking pussy and started sitting down on those fucking steps at one point... but I made it through:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
6882269198_0b2bc7251c_z.jpg


post #38565 of 67904
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I have been having this recurring dream where I am back in college and I realize that I signed up for a class, forgot about it the majority of the semester and will fail it. Another take on this same dream is I go to take a test in a class and have no idea what the material is and cannot answer any of the questions. I had these dreams all last week and last night my dream was that I was filled with apprehension about talking to my professors about my performance and making up materials. Odd.

were there any kangaroo appearances in this dream perhaps?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.