or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2564

post #38446 of 66998
In 8th grade I learned how to program with punch cards. You punks don't know how easy you've got it.
post #38447 of 66998
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Yep, namely my mother. Kind of like in 8th grade when you first learn powerpoint and all of your class presentations are filled with flying naying unicorns.

ummmm, yes, like that. lookaround.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Should I be disappointed or not that I'm planning my own birthday shenanigans? I did it for two close friends a few months ago, and it seems I'm going through the trouble to plan mine. Kind of unsettling though I don't mind being in charge of the agenda.

you should be disappointed if it sucks.
post #38448 of 66998
Lol, yeah right. It's gonna be pretty awesome: A few hours of $1pbr at a favorite dive bar most of us haven't been to all year, then an awesome seafood restaurant, then opening night for a new nightclub. Hm, maybe my friends didn't plan anything cause I'm usually the guy that arranges shit. For once, I wish I didn't have to deal with stuff (with out a doubt some people will try to invite friends at the last minute).
post #38449 of 66998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joffrey View Post

Lol, yeah right. It's gonna be pretty awesome: A few hours of $1pbr at a favorite dive bar most of us haven't been to all year, then an awesome seafood restaurant, then opening night for a new nightclub. Hm, maybe my friends didn't plan anything cause I'm usually the guy that arranges shit. For once, I wish I didn't have to deal with stuff (with out a doubt some people will try to invite friends at the last minute).

Ugh. Don't be the "birthday on opening night" guy. No one likes that guy.
post #38450 of 66998
Lol, I threw my own 30th birthday party. It was pretty epic. Resulted in at least one divorce and one pregnancy. Neither were mine. Pretty awesome on all fronts.
post #38451 of 66998
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Lol, I threw my own 30th birthday party. It was pretty epic. Resulted in at least one divorce and one pregnancy. Neither were mine. Pretty awesome on all fronts.

were the divorce and pregnancy by any chance related in nature?
post #38452 of 66998

^ sounds intense.

 

Here, it seems like people, especially those young and affluent, are expected to throw their own parties and foot the bill for everything. What goes around comes around, so you get to go to other people's parties. Works out, I guess (especially when one friend tries to one up another friend's party and you reap the benefits).

 

I went simple with mine. Rooftop restaurant with lots of wine (a hefty tip allowed us to avoid the corking fees, saving quite a bit of money). I'm hoping class will make up for the lack of extravagance.
 

post #38453 of 66998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Ugh. Don't be the "birthday on opening night" guy. No one likes that guy.

The fact that you're turned off suggests, my plan is a damn good idea. However, I do foresee the club being a mad house so I'm open to not being there for more than an hour.
post #38454 of 66998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

This morning I lost my best friend; my dog of nearly 13 years, Callie. Her condition has been deteriorating slowly for a year or so, but the issues were related to age and not illness, and they weren't severe enough to make it a quality of life issue. A week ago she had a violent seizure that, thankfully, my mom witnessed. She was able to hold Cal down until the seizure ended. My parents decided that if this happened again they would need to seriously consider euthanizing her.
My dad called at 7AM and told me she had another seizure. I went about 80 on the highway and made it home in pretty close to record time. Callie was calm by then, but my dad said she had been shaking like a leaf earlier. She very likely hurt at least one of her legs during the seizure and had difficulty moving without limping. I guess she also pooped a bit on the carpet. But then my mom told me what happened before I got there: despite the seizure, despite the arthritis, she limped to the door and insisted on going outside. Cal crouched down slightly and peed, and my parents helped her back in. That's the kind of dog she was...she wanted to make us happy and insisted on going to the bathroom the proper way, even with the pain and fear.
I went to the vet with my dad. We sat there for a while and just reminisced about her, and stayed with Cal when the doctor gave her a sedative and then the euthanasia solution. She was gone in literally ten seconds. Needless to say that was one of the saddest experiences of my life. My parents' house already feels emptier and quieter, and I haven;'t stopped crying for more than 5 minutes. She was a great dog and I'm going to miss her for a very long time.
I took this first pic two days ago. She was snoozing peacefully in the sun.

 

 

So sorry to hear that! Loosing an animal(family member) always hurts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I just enrolled for health insurance for next year through my company. For the exact same coverage my costs doubled. Fuck you.

Damn! Although, I shouldn't say anything, being without insurance and all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Lol, I threw my own 30th birthday party. It was pretty epic. Resulted in at least one divorce and one pregnancy. Neither were mine. Pretty awesome on all fronts.

Epic!

 

 

 

OnT Chinese Censorship. While it's more of an annoyance than an actual hindrance,, now with the party congress underway, Gmail is completely unworkable. I can't even send and open emails.  Fucking surveillance state!!

post #38455 of 66998
I had a nap from around 10 pm to midnight, which was almost certainly a bad idea. But I was so tired I couldn't stay awake. Covering that extra class for my colleague who's on medical leave has really messed with my schedule.

Luckily, Genevieve woke me up, demanding that I change her name to Don Dokken of Cat. (I humored her and said I would, but I won't. She'll forget she asked.)
post #38456 of 66998
It's 3:00, and I would guess all my old friends are sloppy drunk currently, winding down and preparing for last call, perhaps one more karaoke song. And I've been working on papers since roughly 9:00 AM, at this point I plan to just stay awake through the day and crash tomorrow at 5:15 PM.
post #38457 of 66998
Still awake, all done. Now I have toreeed. yay
post #38458 of 66998
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I had a nap from around 10 pm to midnight, which was almost certainly a bad idea. But I was so tired I couldn't stay awake. Covering that extra class for my colleague who's on medical leave has really messed with my schedule.
Luckily, Genevieve woke me up, demanding that I change her name to Don Dokken of Cat. (I humored her and said I would, but I won't. She'll forget she asked.)

Meguchan has a Nom de guerre (in the ancient sense) She is often known as Fluffy Bastard.
post #38459 of 66998
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Meguchan has a Nom de guerre (in the ancient sense) She is often known as Fluffy Bastard.

Uh-oh, is Meguchan sometimes naughty? She looks like a good, well-behaved kitty in the photo I've seen.

Don Dokken of Cat was very good last night, as she allowed me to sleep until around 7:45. After I got up, though, I realized I had neglected to buy coffee last night. (I remembered to buy port. Priorities.) And so now I am drinking tea.
post #38460 of 66998
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Uh-oh, is Meguchan sometimes naughty? She looks like a good, well-behaved kitty in the photo I've seen.
Don Dokken of Cat was very good last night, as she allowed me to sleep until around 7:45. After I got up, though, I realized I had neglected to buy coffee last night. (I remembered to buy port. Priorities.) And so now I am drinking tea.

No Meguchan is not sometimes naughty, she is sometimes not naughty, especially in winter when she becomes Super Fluffy Bastard.

Recently I have been drinking little coffee, however not having coffee when you want coffee is horrid, unless the tea is excellent.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.