or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2521

post #37801 of 67876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

A friend of mine was attacked by a foaming-at-the-mouth Obama supporter at a gas station yesterday morning. Said friend is religious, Republican, as good-natured as they come, and a strapping lad (in his mid-40's but who's counting). I still can't believe anyone was so stupid to start something like that, but politics does weird things to your brain, I guess. Said Obama supporter was arrested at the scene after getting a mild beat-down.

reminded me, i wanted to post this after spending 3 minutes on FB last night.



ffffuuuu.gif
post #37802 of 67876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

That is an awesome story, T-bone.
Pissing me off, from last night, are people that organize 5:30-8pm events on a week night, and provide shit like a few platters of salmon mousse on a cucumber slice. If you're going to keep my in mid-town over the dinner hour on a week night feed me you fucking cheap so and sos!
Wow! I've run into quite a few political zealots lately, but nothing this extreme. I want this election to be OVER.
post #37803 of 67876
I'm one of those people who sneeze in response to bright light. Sometimes when the sun comes out from behind the clouds, I'll sneeze seven or eight times in a row. It's a great feeling. Irregardless, when I am somewhere other than my home, I can usually prevent the execution of the sneeze mechanism.

Also, it does seem odd when people say "bless you." I do not need the Lord's help to persevere after a sneeze.
post #37804 of 67876
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Also, it does seem odd when people say "bless you." I do not need the Lord's help to persevere after a sneeze.
It also is odd to me when people say, "have a blessed day" as you're leaving or saying good bye.
post #37805 of 67876
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

It also is odd to me when people say, "have a blessed day" as you're leaving or saying good bye.

How are you supposed to respond to that one? Do you say "yeah, okay."? Or do you run with the religious theme?: "None of us can take the Lord's grace for granted. We can only hope."
post #37806 of 67876
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

It also is odd to me when people say, "have a blessed day" as you're leaving or saying good bye.
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

How are you supposed to respond to that one? Do you say "yeah, okay."? Or do you run with the religious theme?: "None of us can take the Lord's grace for granted. We can only hope."

I often (jokingly) respond with, "you can't make me!"
post #37807 of 67876
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

How are you supposed to respond to that one? Do you say "yeah, okay."? Or do you run with the religious theme?: "None of us can take the Lord's grace for granted. We can only hope."

I like the latter
post #37808 of 67876
If I am trying to discourage someone from the whole "bless you" thing I always say, "Please. No pagan invocations for me."
post #37809 of 67876
Jet-lagged kids ready to play and eat breakfast at 4:15... tired-sleeping-smiley-4642.gif
post #37810 of 67876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

If I am trying to discourage someone from the whole "bless you" thing I always say, "Please. No pagan invocations for me."

And how annoying are those pompous assholes who say gesundheit? Amirite?
post #37811 of 67876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

If I am trying to discourage someone from the whole "bless you" thing I always say, "Please. No pagan invocations for me."

I get that, because there's never a bad time to take a dig at religion, and moments when people are simply trying to offer a pleasantry are actually the best opportunity to pick on it.
post #37812 of 67876
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

If I am trying to discourage someone from the whole "bless you" thing I always say, "Please. No pagan invocations for me."

I get that, because there's never a bad time to take a dig at religion, and moments when people are simply trying to offer a pleasantry are actually the best opportunity to pick on it.

Is it not rather presumptuous and Christo-centric to assume I would assume welcome such things? Also, as a godless socialist out to wage a war on Xtianity, I am programed to do such things. wink.gif
post #37813 of 67876
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

call to check if there is a bench warrant out in your name now, and reschedule. nothing like getting pulled over for a seat belt infraction, and finding yourself in the back of a squad car. truth.

Who the eff gets pulled over for a seat belt infraction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

you actually have to be apart of a jury at one point or another in U.S.A.? Fuck that.

Hard to guarantee a trial by a jury of peers if your peers are too busy to volunteer for jury duty.

I've always wanted to do it...but the only time I got called, I sat in a waiting room for a day or maybe two and then got sent home and told to not bother calling in (jury duty in MN is for a week plus a second week of "on-call" time).
post #37814 of 67876
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I often (jokingly) respond with, "you can't make me!"

beats, "fuck off."
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Jet-lagged kids ready to play and eat breakfast at 4:15... tired-sleeping-smiley-4642.gif

ugh. hate that. put in some ear plugs and go back to bed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Who the eff gets pulled over for a seat belt infraction?

peeps like me, in bmore, when the city wants some revenue.
post #37815 of 67876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Is it not rather presumptuous and Christo-centric to assume I would assume welcome such things? Also, as a godless socialist out to wage a war on Xtianity, I am programed to do such things. wink.gif

Christianity isn't the only religion that blesses people (though I understand the history of "bless you" is tied to Christianity). My point was just that I don't see any reason to have a clever anti-religion comeback in the first place. I understand that you don't want to be pushed around by religion, but "bless you" isn't exactly evangelizing. Why not just accept it as someone simply being polite, rather than take it as an opportunity to make sure everyone knows how clever and anti-god you are?

Plus, your "socialist" argument falls flat. Everyone knows Christ was a socialist. Well, everyone except for the people who seem to think he was a fascist who'd want them to make the government take away all of our fun. smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Who the eff gets pulled over for a seat belt infraction?
...

Me. By a cop on foot. While sitting at a stoplight.

I literally laughed at him while he was telling me why he'd stopped me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.