or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2487

post #37291 of 69019
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Hey Conne, I'm in Washington DC now. Did you follow me here as well? If so, please pay me a visit and we could have fun times. (I am at Dulles.)

Turn around. Look for guy in J. Press tweed jacket, Alden lonwings. Blink thrice. You will receive instructions then.
post #37292 of 69019
I worked from home full time for about 5 years, and I still try to work from home 1 or 2 days a week. I save projects that require deep concentration for those days, as I find the office environment too distracting to really get deep into a project. On home days, my mornings are usually spent on meetings and emails, then I take the afternoon off and procrastinate until about 9 PM and crank it out from then until 12 or 1 AM.

Works for me.
post #37293 of 69019
I'm sick of buying sandwiches with shitty tomatoes. The tomato is so important. I don't want a white and green one.
post #37294 of 69019
i think i'm coming down with something. been feeling like hammered horse shit all day. skipped the concert today because of it.
post #37295 of 69019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

i think i'm coming down with something. been feeling like hammered horse shit all day. skipped the concert today because of it.

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that!

On my flight from Washington DC to STL I had excruciating pain in my ears. That's only happened to me one other time.
post #37296 of 69019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Turn around. Look for guy in J. Press tweed jacket, Alden lonwings. Blink thrice. You will receive instructions then.

Dammit Conne, you scared the crap out of people just appearing like that. Also, when you said J. Press tweed jacket and Alden longwings, I assumed there would be garments in between, you know what I'm saying?
post #37297 of 69019
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that!
On my flight from Washington DC to STL I had excruciating pain in my ears. That's only happened to me one other time.

so you were an hour away from me, and didnt bother to check in?
post #37298 of 69019
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

so you were an hour away from me, and didnt bother to check in?

I stopped by your house, but you looked busy with various tasks. I am nothing if not considerate, so I chose not to interrupt.
post #37299 of 69019
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

I'm sick of buying sandwiches with shitty tomatoes. The tomato is so important. I don't want a white and green one.
This post makes me hungry for fried green tomatoes. I haven't had any for several years now.
post #37300 of 69019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post

Just good friends that are always over. They know what's up, they're just still in college mode (recent graduates). They stopped drinking my booze after I put them in their place and I don't see this clothing thing being an issue. today was the first time they really just blatantly wore a few of my jackets and sent me pics of them looking smug.
Edit: and yes I basically asked them "when the fuck did we turn into 15yr old girls who share clothes?"

my brother used to do this. i got a favorite merino sweater back with holes in it and a pair of highend earphones back with one earphone missing. he would just go through my closet in the morning while i was asleep and leave without asking saying i was sleeping. -_-
post #37301 of 69019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eason View Post

What the fuck who works until 5? Office hours in HK are until 6:30 with a half-day Saturdays. Thank fuck I am not always held to that.

I take off early Fridays. I work all day Sunday because I'm a heathen.
post #37302 of 69019
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I stopped by your house, but you looked busy with various tasks. I am nothing if not considerate, so I chose not to interrupt.

but my kindness knows no bounds, i would have gladly taken a break to welcome you in for a cup of tea or coffee.
post #37303 of 69019
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

but my kindness knows no bounds, i would have gladly taken a break to welcome you in for a cup of tea or coffee.

Okay, I'll be sure to stop by next time I'm in the mid-Atlantic region, irregardless of whether you seem busy or not.
post #37304 of 69019
sounds great!
post #37305 of 69019
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

+1. MTM or custom is the only way I have suits that don't look awful on me. Off the rack usually just doesn't work for me.
Yup. A buddy of my roommate came over last night to hang out and both of them tried on my blazer. Mind you, it was made for me, obviously, but it still fit them decent enough for them to get a sense of how it would look and feel if it were truly custom to them.

One of them said he felt so inspired to get a new suit.

It's just such a great feeling.. that feeling you get when you wear a well-fitting jacket. Sadly, most people don't know that feeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Where do you get yours from?

Hemrajani Brothers. They operate a website called MyTailor and it was recommended to me by a beloved Forum Member. They have tailors who travel the U.S. and measure customers by appointment, so I set one up for Boston. The guy measured my body, then some shirts and pants that fit me well, and then we chose fabrics. He knew exactly what I wanted in a blazer and he got all the details right (except the fabric, oops).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.