or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2486

post #37276 of 64538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Lately I've been waking up at 7am on the fucking weekends.
All week long it's like dragging the dead out of bed at 7am, but come the weekend, up I am. I'm tired, just can't get back to sleep. Fuck me.
me too. for the last two years. and i'm always tired as fuck when i go to bed friday and saturday. what's strange is that i usually need to be up at 6 during the weekdays and it is a godawful struggle
post #37277 of 64538

Coming home after work to find you left the milk out at breakfast.

post #37278 of 64538
I am wandering around downtown Buffalo. I am not even going to be the proverbial man of false words, this place looks like it is in rough shape.
post #37279 of 64538
Went to Brooks Brothers to pick up my new blazer after alteration. Looks like crap so I wait a few more weeks. I must admitt I'm not feeling very warm and fuzzy about their ability to correct this.
post #37280 of 64538
^

As a guy who just has too much difficulty finding shit that fits OTR, I've resorted to MTM for suits and blazers.

With dress shirts, I'm sticking with BB for now because I just need to tailor them slightly and I absolutely will never ever iron my shirts, so the non-iron cotton is key.

As for blazers and everything more 'substantial,' it's just easier to get it done custom. I'm assuming you're paying at least $600 for a BB blazer? For a couple hundred more, you can get a custom blazer with a much higher quality fabric.

I suggest you take that route next time.
post #37281 of 64538
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

^
As a guy who just has too much difficulty finding shit that fits OTR, I've resorted to MTM for suits and blazers.
With dress shirts, I'm sticking with BB for now because I just need to tailor them slightly and I absolutely will never ever iron my shirts, so the non-iron cotton is key.
As for blazers and everything more 'substantial,' it's just easier to get it done custom. I'm assuming you're paying at least $600 for a BB blazer? For a couple hundred more, you can get a custom blazer with a much higher quality fabric.
I suggest you take that route next time.
+1. MTM or custom is the only way I have suits that don't look awful on me. Off the rack usually just doesn't work for me.
post #37282 of 64538
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

^
As a guy who just has too much difficulty finding shit that fits OTR, I've resorted to MTM for suits and blazers.
With dress shirts, I'm sticking with BB for now because I just need to tailor them slightly and I absolutely will never ever iron my shirts, so the non-iron cotton is key.
As for blazers and everything more 'substantial,' it's just easier to get it done custom. I'm assuming you're paying at least $600 for a BB blazer? For a couple hundred more, you can get a custom blazer with a much higher quality fabric.
I suggest you take that route next time.

Where do you get yours from?
post #37283 of 64538
I'm gone roughly 2/3rds of the month and I get pics from my friends of them wearing my clothes. I've loaned a shirt and shorts once and they've taken it as a me giving freedom to wear my expensive stuff. Wouldn't be nearly as annoyed if they actually asked. Then I look like the dick when i tell them to stop wearing my shit and if they want nicer stuff to buy it themselves.
post #37284 of 64538
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I am wandering around downtown Buffalo. I am not even going to be the proverbial man of false words, this place looks like it is in rough shape.

Dood I am 15 minutes from Buffalo right now. I was there around noon today. And yes, it is crappy, though with a lot of beautiful architecture.
post #37285 of 64538
Why didn't I see you then?

Why don't you come through security and pay me a visit? (At the airport I mean.)

This was my first visit to Buffalo. The city really looked dead. But yeah, some of the architecture was quite beautiful, especially the City Hall.
post #37286 of 64538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post

I'm gone roughly 2/3rds of the month and I get pics from my friends of them wearing my clothes. I've loaned a shirt and shorts once and they've taken it as a me giving freedom to wear my expensive stuff. Wouldn't be nearly as annoyed if they actually asked. Then I look like the dick when i tell them to stop wearing my shit and if they want nicer stuff to buy it themselves.

Do they have keys to your place, or are they roommates?


Just tell them not to wear your shit, you don't need to make an issue about how your stuff is nicer. Unless you're a doormat and/or they're trying to take advantage of you, really shouldn't be a problem.

Since when do guys share clothes anyway?
post #37287 of 64538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot View Post

I'm gone roughly 2/3rds of the month and I get pics from my friends of them wearing my clothes. I've loaned a shirt and shorts once and they've taken it as a me giving freedom to wear my expensive stuff. Wouldn't be nearly as annoyed if they actually asked. Then I look like the dick when i tell them to stop wearing my shit and if they want nicer stuff to buy it themselves.
hopefully they're not going commando in them...
post #37288 of 64538
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Working from home is the biggest scam ever.
How does anyone get any work done at home?
I sure haven't devil.gif

tried once. failed miserably.
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

but I go every morning to a coffee shop near my house, come home for lunch, and go back in the afternoon. if I stayed at home I wouldn't get work done

this past summer i had to do some work over the vacay, and that was the only way i able to get any wok done. it was actually a rather enjoyable experience.
post #37289 of 64538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Dood I am 15 minutes from Buffalo right now. I was there around noon today. And yes, it is crappy, though with a lot of beautiful architecture.

Hey Conne, I'm in Washington DC now. Did you follow me here as well? If so, please pay me a visit and we could have fun times. (I am at Dulles.)
post #37290 of 64538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Do they have keys to your place, or are they roommates?
Just tell them not to wear your shit, you don't need to make an issue about how your stuff is nicer. Unless you're a doormat and/or they're trying to take advantage of you, really shouldn't be a problem.
Since when do guys share clothes anyway?

Just good friends that are always over. They know what's up, they're just still in college mode (recent graduates). They stopped drinking my booze after I put them in their place and I don't see this clothing thing being an issue. today was the first time they really just blatantly wore a few of my jackets and sent me pics of them looking smug.

Edit: and yes I basically asked them "when the fuck did we turn into 15yr old girls who share clothes?"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.