or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2444

post #36646 of 65046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Do you suffer from a lactose problem?

Yes, I do. Maybe as a medical professional of high standing you could give me some advice about managing my lactose problem?
post #36647 of 65046
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Yes, I do. Maybe as a medical professional of high standing you could give me some advice about managing my lactose problem?

Abstinence would be the best path in this particular instance.
post #36648 of 65046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Seems like many of my bad experiences over the last week have involved cheese. Just now I went to Jimmy John's and ordered a #5 without cheese. You will never guess what they included in the sandwich. (Yes you will, unless you are very bad at context clues.)

Do you suffer from a lactose problem delicate constitution?

FTFY
post #36649 of 65046
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Seems like many of my bad experiences over the last week have involved cheese. Just now I went to Jimmy John's and ordered a #5 without cheese. You will never guess what they included in the sandwich. (Yes you will, unless you are very bad at context clues.)

Bread?
post #36650 of 65046
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

there's the new bad trend that treats hospitals as semi hotel resorts where patients are there for a lot longer than necessary (especially with medical tourism hospitals located in the tropics). what the new modalities are for those hospitals (like in singapore) is to just treat the patient then immediately put them in a hotel/resort ASAP for the rest of the recovery. it actually doesn't sound so bad because at least you're forced to rest at a beach resort where normally you'd be forcing yourself to do activities and not really really taking in the rest and relaxation.
.

good luck with your mother, Larry.

by the way, those hospitals are my bread and butter.


my mom is alive and well, but her ability to reason comes and goes. I've had 3 or 4 arguments with her in the past 3 days about

1. taking her shopping
2. her wallet (which I took away from her to keep her from spending like a drunken sailor)
3. her going out on walks alone - the weather is changing now, and if she gets cought in the cold she could be in trouble. she has gotten lost in my nieghborhood and she can't use a cell phone. but of course she sees this as my trying to keep her locked up

seriously, you think having to deal with a crying child is bad, try talking to a crying mother when you try to talk rationally to her


I ended up growing my market 24% last year. I only got compensated for the first 8 %, and now I am in a huge hole for next year, pretty much guaranteeing that I won't make bonus next year. fuck. fuck. fuck. I am so fucking hosed. the problem was, I was so close at the end, and so I put out squeezers to get in more sales, and closed a huge amount of business in the last 2 weeks. now I am going to be worried about the whole next fiscal year. I haven't even started my year, and I am going to worried about it for the next fucking 12 months.
post #36651 of 65046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Abstinence would be the best path in this particular instance.

Aww come on Neo, that's the kind of advice a layman could have given. I was hoping for advice that called upon your specialized knowledge. (Unlike certain others here, I do not doubt that you have that knowledge.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Bread?

Yes, they included bread in my sandwich! They must have been in a mood or something. (Women sometimes get in moods, and it was a woman who made my sandwich.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

FTFY

I think I have a mighty constitution. I can't have cheese, I'll grant you that, but no man should want to consume cheese in the first place.
post #36652 of 65046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Abstinence would be the best path in this particular instance.

listen to neo, he is a top medical mind, you know.
post #36653 of 65046
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

good luck with your mother, Larry.
by the way, those hospitals are my bread and butter.
my mom is alive and well, but her ability to reason comes and goes. I've had 3 or 4 arguments with her in the past 3 days about
1. taking her shopping
2. her wallet (which I took away from her to keep her from spending like a drunken sailor)
3. her going out on walks alone - the weather is changing now, and if she gets cought in the cold she could be in trouble. she has gotten lost in my nieghborhood and she can't use a cell phone. but of course she sees this as my trying to keep her locked up
seriously, you think having to deal with a crying child is bad, try talking to a crying mother when you try to talk rationally to her
I ended up growing my market 24% last year. I only got compensated for the first 8 %, and now I am in a huge hole for next year, pretty much guaranteeing that I won't make bonus next year. fuck. fuck. fuck. I am so fucking hosed. the problem was, I was so close at the end, and so I put out squeezers to get in more sales, and closed a huge amount of business in the last 2 weeks. now I am going to be worried about the whole next fiscal year. I haven't even started my year, and I am going to worried about it for the next fucking 12 months.

first - I'm sorry to hear about your mom, we're not far behind you with the MIL, who's 3rd generation Alzheimers. We dealt with it re: HER mom and it took a major toll on the family.\\

Second - what kind of sales wizard are you that overshoots his target by 15% in the last two weeks? Good heavens!
post #36654 of 65046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

first - I'm sorry to hear about your mom, we're not far behind you with the MIL, who's 3rd generation Alzheimers. We dealt with it re: HER mom and it took a major toll on the family.\\
!

thanks - I might end up picking your brain on fb. I am feeling at a loss for ideas
post #36655 of 65046
GT - dont really have much to say about your mom, except that my heart goes out to you. that is really crappy, to say the least.

i have faith in you, you will hit the numbers.
post #36656 of 65046
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

GT - dont really have much to say about your mom, except that my heart goes out to you. that is really crappy, to say the least.
i have faith in you, you will hit the numbers.

thanks - its a hard time. if she were totally gone, it would be horrible, but clear in a way. now, I am faced with fighting with her for her own good, and it really is tougher than anticipated
post #36657 of 65046
that is really rough. its a hell of a fight to have, trying to convince your parent what is best for them. my grandfather had parkinsons. kind of the opposite, his mind was totally there, but physically he was a mess.

he could barely communicate verbally, he didnt like using the large paper graph-sheet to spell out words, and i dont blame him, for a man as bright as he was i can only imagine the frustration of spending 10 minutes on one sentence when he had paragraphs to share. and he was very reluctant to use a walker or a cane. it was a very rough 8 years or so. its painful for me to even think about it.

still, as hard as that was, and as much clarity as it lacked, and every day was a stresser, i wish i still had him. frown.gif
post #36658 of 65046
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

there's the new bad trend that treats hospitals as semi hotel resorts where patients are there for a lot longer than necessary (especially with medical tourism hospitals located in the tropics). what the new modalities are for those hospitals (like in singapore) is to just treat the patient then immediately put them in a hotel/resort ASAP for the rest of the recovery. it actually doesn't sound so bad because at least you're forced to rest at a beach resort where normally you'd be forcing yourself to do activities and not really really taking in the rest and relaxation.
.

good luck with your mother, Larry.

by the way, those hospitals are my bread and butter.


my mom is alive and well, but her ability to reason comes and goes. I've had 3 or 4 arguments with her in the past 3 days about

1. taking her shopping
2. her wallet (which I took away from her to keep her from spending like a drunken sailor)
3. her going out on walks alone - the weather is changing now, and if she gets cought in the cold she could be in trouble. she has gotten lost in my nieghborhood and she can't use a cell phone. but of course she sees this as my trying to keep her locked up

seriously, you think having to deal with a crying child is bad, try talking to a crying mother when you try to talk rationally to her

Have you taken your mom to see a neuropsychologist? You might want to get a baseline test done, it will be helpful down the road to see if there has been any change or progression. It will also help you to figure out if she simply has age-related memory loss, rather than Alzheimer's or something else.

My mom has some weird sort of early onset dementia - not Alzheimer's, but it has some things in common with it, and I can totally relate to the sense of cognitive dissonance you get from having to parent your own parent. Good luck.
post #36659 of 65046
my EIGHT YEAR OLD daughter wants the following things.

lunch bag
knapsack
shoes
boots

total cost - $350

last year, that would have cost max $60.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!

she is cramping my style!!! i can only afford for one person in this family to be constantly buying things i can not afford.
post #36660 of 65046
I do not need to mail things very often--maybe once or twice a month. Every time I need to mail something, I have to search all over my condo for my stamps. Why is that? Because I am too god damned stupid to put the stamps in the same place after I use them. Every month I get seriously pissed off about this. You'd think that would motivate me to learn. But it doesn't because I am a moronic piece of shit who cannot do what a god damned ten year old can do.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.