or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2441

post #36601 of 70141
United Way has always struck me as gangster style philanthropy. Not a fran.
post #36602 of 70141
Lots of speeches and pressure here, too. I prefer to give directly, but that's not embraced here.
post #36603 of 70141
At work they only buy blue highlighters for us. I hate blue highlighters and I have to buy yellow ones for myself.
post #36604 of 70141
Who still uses highlighters?
post #36605 of 70141
People with real lives and real jobs.
post #36606 of 70141
More like people in the second grade.
post #36607 of 70141
I don't know, I skipped second grade.
post #36608 of 70141
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

At work they only buy blue highlighters for us. I hate blue highlighters and I have to buy yellow ones for myself.

I'm picky about stuff like this. All of my highlighters and pens are from Muji.
post #36609 of 70141
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

At work they only buy blue highlighters for us. I hate blue highlighters and I have to buy yellow ones for myself.

I am in a similar position, except I choose to buy pink ones. (I do that because pink is the best color. My legal pads are also pink, but I don't highlight them.)
post #36610 of 70141
I split the difference, my highlighters are green.
post #36611 of 70141
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I am in a similar position, except I choose to buy pink ones. (I do that because pink is the best color. My legal pads are also pink, but I don't highlight them.)

Dear god man, no.
post #36612 of 70141
Thanks guys.

Apparently the company is like 6th in the state for United Way giving, which is notable given the corps in front of them are all like Northrup Grumman. On one level I applaud the company as they match essentially 100% of what's raised. But it's like it's become some macho thing for the CEO and the whole thing has snowballed into, literally, a giant shakedown.

I can't stand the guy actually, my wife has so many stories about what a jackass he is. I'm usually sympathetic to CEOs given what a cuddlebear Piob is but this guy really is kind of a fuckwit.
post #36613 of 70141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

Thanks guys.
Apparently the company is like 6th in the state for United Way giving, which is notable given the corps in front of them are all like Northrup Grumman. On one level I applaud the company as they match essentially 100% of what's raised. But it's like it's become some macho thing for the CEO and the whole thing has snowballed into, literally, a giant shakedown.
I can't stand the guy actually, my wife has so many stories about what a jackass he is. I'm usually sympathetic to CEOs given what a cuddlebear Piob is but this guy really is kind of a fuckwit.

I'm not 100% on this, but I'd have to say that with that kind of profile (6th in the state), United Way is probably also giving the CEO a good little shake as well. Something to the tune of "Hey, you guys contributed $XX,XXX last year, and we sure appreciate that - but you know costs are rising and more people need our help, we're looking at needing last year's amount plus another 15% this year. I'm sure we can count on your support." The psychology of recognition and being on A Top Donors List is pretty persuasive.

In other news, my descent into abject sourness at all forms of charity is continuing unabated. Right now I'm feeling it mostly for pet-related causes. Fluffy-needs-a-tail-transplant, that kind of thing.
post #36614 of 70141
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Dear god man, no.

What possible objection could there be to pink legal pads? They help bring a modicum of joy to my days.

(Maybe you meant to quote a different post?)
Edited by L'Incandescent - 9/26/12 at 3:03pm
post #36615 of 70141
Work screwed me over (on purpose) and I had to stay pretty much a full day longer out on the road, but all is well now that I'm going to be off for two weeks.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.