or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2439

post #36571 of 69980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I agree helping directs find the solution is exceedingly valuable and I think 99% of the time the best route. I've walked this person through so many things like that and they just refuse...actually, I'm beginning to think they are unable to...internalize some methodology. The two huge flaws are loving drama and wanting to get those involved all worked up (when they should be defusing things) and stopping data gathering as soon as some data that they like is found. No reality testing or testing for fit.

Please tell me you're joking on that last part. That's just...bizarre. How has he managed to avoid some trainwreck?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

^it can be taught, but has to be in a systematic "check list or schematic" type of way. The classic example is Tom Cruise who always seems to know how to work a room/person/interviewer in a scientific way. He's obviously very calculating, but gets away with it because his way is so completely thought out.
the contrast is Andy Warhol who by all accounts was the opposite (warm greeting and very receptive) and then turned into a semi-aspergers-savant type of character (some say by choice) after observing how that type of personality trait is encouraged in the art world.

I could be wrong, but those both examples seem self-directed by people who work in image-forward industries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

yes, maybe I should start refering to them as my "hunny-bunies" instead of my "reports"

I did that for a time, got awkward around Easter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

(...)
and to finish my day here, today was the first time after I started working in 93, that I took the day off because of shit at work that would be too complicated/upsetting/private/shitty to write here and just cool my heels. and now I'm too lazy and tired to even go out to the bar 2 minutes from here and grab a beer.

damn. When even the beer no longer entices...
post #36572 of 69980
dammit, I can only get toll road info for the last 90 days. grrr.

Okay, check that. I can go back 18 months. One month at a time. Wish I'd started this earlier.
post #36573 of 69980
Quote:
"i really don't need skype tips from a 60 year old"

Neo's quote from liking Piob's comment needs it's own mention. Well done.
post #36574 of 69980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

dammit, I can only get toll road info for the last 90 days. grrr.

Okay, check that. I can go back 18 months. One month at a time. Wish I'd started this earlier.

So who are you tracking? If you need help I would suggest asking Stitches. wink.gif
post #36575 of 69980
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Quote:
"i really don't need skype tips from a 60 year old"

Neo's quote from liking Piob's comment needs it's own mention. Well done.

It was and he's quite correct. In fact, I think none of us here have Neo's expertise in not having sex. I mean, even Conne is wetting his wick with real women apparently.
post #36576 of 69980
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

So who are you tracking? If you need help I would suggest asking Stitches. wink.gif

good call, if I want a 2-for-1 investigation special.
post #36577 of 69980
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2012/09/25/bacon-shortage-pigs.html
GLOBAL BACON SHORTAGE UNAVOIDABLE

WORLD ENDING SOON
post #36578 of 69980
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/story/2012/09/25/bacon-shortage-pigs.html
GLOBAL BACON SHORTAGE UNAVOIDABLE

WORLD ENDING SOON

Peak pork? OMFG! Sam was right!
post #36579 of 69980

I finally got the courage to try and sew something after my last fight with the sewing machine and it did not end well. It will probably be another 6 months until I try again. Broke a needle, bent a needle and my New Standards are still unwearable. How do you do it, mother?!?!

post #36580 of 69980


WHAT THE FUCK ASIANS?
post #36581 of 69980
Harvey wins this thread forever.
post #36582 of 69980
35r937.jpg
post #36583 of 69980
The level of OCD-ness and neuroticism my job has instilled in me is ridiculous.

I'm still worried about work-related shit and I can't seem to separate it from my personal life.

How do you older gents cope?
post #36584 of 69980
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

The level of OCD-ness and neuroticism my job has instilled in me is ridiculous.

I'm still worried about work-related shit and I can't seem to separate it from my personal life.

How do you older gents cope?

Sex, drugs, and rock and roll.
post #36585 of 69980
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
WHAT THE FUCK ASIANS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Harvey wins this thread forever.


Edited by LawrenceMD - 9/25/12 at 9:06pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.