or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2397

post #35941 of 70219
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

what my friend told me was that in Chinese families the kids are expected to chip in for support of the parents and for things like family dinners, divided up based on how comfortable they each are. in his case, his wife (and him) happen to be much more comfortable than the other siblings, so they are taken advantage of. I don't think the last part is normal, its douchy.

very interesting. thanks.
post #35942 of 70219
Just got back from shopping, where I got a very squeaky shopping cart. That made me feel embarrassed and ashamed a little bit.

Speaking of embarrassing things, it seemed like one of my students defecated today. Not the way you or I would, mind you (I mean into a toilet bowl, or into a litter box if any of you are cats).
post #35943 of 70219
uhoh.gif
post #35944 of 70219
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

uhoh.gif

Are you saying it was you? I'm pretty sure you're not in my class.
post #35945 of 70219
maybe I am and maybe I am not. wink.gif
post #35946 of 70219
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

no. older sister and brother. they are 9 and 8 years older than me. I'm close and great friends with my siblings, its just recently that I've really been blunt/honest with my sister's antics. she's the kind of lame roman catholic that will actually justify her impulsive/bad decision making by praying for hours at wednesday novenas* ffffuuuu.gif
* Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
she will say things like: "I know its short notice, but I was praying at St. XXXXX church during the wednesday midnight novena and we should all get together and fly out to mom and dad next week. " as in she'll front the news with her previously praying about it - to justify whatever. I would just let it slide before, but now I call her out on it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I bet she's also frothing in the mouth with that new repro health bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i dont mean to be rude, but is this an asian thing? i cant think of ever expecting a more well to do sibling or family member to foot the bill for a family get-together?

azn & 3rd world. and the sort of "guilt" they try to instill in you... parents would "remind" you that y'all came from the same shithole but now that you broke out of that miserable cycle your folks and family members are stuck into, its shameful not to "give back" and share your wealth- mortgage, personal expenditures/obligations, etc... be damned! have to tell you though that some do revel in that situation- going back or paying for shit just to brag that they're money now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

what my friend told me was that in Chinese families the kids are expected to chip in for support of the parents and for things like family dinners, divided up based on how comfortable they each are. in his case, his wife (and him) happen to be much more comfortable than the other siblings, so they are taken advantage of. I don't think the last part is normal, its douchy.

exactly. someone I know has an issue with his father, because- although he loves the guy, the father wasn't really one to show any kind of support back in the day and they never really became close. and now the father's demanding that my friend and his spouse have obligations to him that they think is "wtf are you talking about?" but he thinks is "you should know your 'obligations' to me and I don't have to spell these out to you". my friend's been wanting to ask the dad if he had kids just to make sure someone's around to wipe his ass when he can't do it any longer.
post #35947 of 70219
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

maybe I am and maybe I am not. wink.gif

If you had a false defecation, you should just fess up. That's what Genevieve does.
post #35948 of 70219
After about four months of emailing me telling me how much she misses me and wants to get back together with me, upon returning to university, my ex-girlfriend decides that she can't give me what I want and doesn't want to get back together after all.

No more redheads for a long time, that's for fucking sure.
post #35949 of 70219
^ Cold blooded bitch right there. nod[1].gif
post #35950 of 70219
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

If you had a false defecation, you should just fess up. That's what Genevieve does.

Wow what an honest cat, Meguchan just says "Aww what da... look what did that dirty cocksucker Ghost Cat".
post #35951 of 70219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Wow what an honest cat, Meguchan just says "Aww what da... look what did that dirty cocksucker Ghost Cat".

Yup, little Genevieve says "I made of poopah, but of which is in the wrong sector."

Maybe Meguchan needs some basic spiritual training, such as Sunday school, where she would learn that it is wrong to lie. Also she might learn not to use such coarse forms of expression. That seems unbecoming for a cat. (In all her 13 years, Genevieve has never said "cocksucker.")
post #35952 of 70219
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

5% more or less. it's doable, just means that I need to really hustle and call in some markers and so on

Gotcha. Glad to hear it's manageable. Good luck!
post #35953 of 70219
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Yup, little Genevieve says "I made of poopah, but of which is in the wrong sector."
Maybe Meguchan needs some basic spiritual training, such as Sunday school, where she would learn that it is wrong to lie. Also she might learn not to use such coarse forms of expression. That seems unbecoming for a cat. (In all her 13 years, Genevieve has never said "cocksucker.")

Meguchan watches too much Trailer Park Boys. Also I'm not sure if Ghost Cat is an outright lie, or one of her alter personalities.
post #35954 of 70219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Meguchan watches too much Trailer Park Boys. Also I'm not sure if Ghost Cat is an outright lie, or one of her alter personalities.

Irregardless, it's pretty impressive of her to think of that.
post #35955 of 70219
Quote:
Originally Posted by origenesprit View Post

After about four months of emailing me telling me how much she misses me and wants to get back together with me, upon returning to university, my ex-girlfriend decides that she can't give me what I want and doesn't want to get back together after all.
No more redheads for a long time, that's for fucking sure.

so sorry dude. that was a lot of heartache. frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.