or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2373

post #35581 of 66518
^ lol. How is you going after the surety bond even potentially fraudulent? Should report him on an ethics violation and go grab that drink.
post #35582 of 66518
Roommate wants to get the deluxe (max HD channels, HBO, Cinemax, etc.) cable package that would double our bill (plus around $50 for all the installation shit). Part of me wants to do it but I barely watch TV. Meh.
post #35583 of 66518
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post

^ lol. How is you going after the surety bond even potentially fraudulent? Should report him on an ethics violation and go grab that drink.

Yeah that's the thing: he's not even claiming that going after the bond would be fraudulent, just that a consequence of it will be me getting sued for fraud. It's completely asinine and if he does it then I am going to file for sanctions for the first time in my career.
post #35584 of 66518
Man, I so wish I had gone to law school.
post #35585 of 66518
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post

^ lol. How is you going after the surety bond even potentially fraudulent? Should report him on an ethics violation and go grab that drink.

After the string of highly-publicized absolutely inane lawsuits we've seen in the past decade does an ethics violation actually mean anything anymore? And yes this was a serious non-trolling question.
post #35586 of 66518
The bar won't do anything about this. The judge in this case won't hesitate to slap this guy with sanctions though.
post #35587 of 66518
This article on one of Columbus' best neighborhoods has me pining for the college years. Kind of annoyed that I haven't been to Ohio since graduation. Honestly, I'd consider moving back.
post #35588 of 66518
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

This might be a little inside baseball for the non lawyers, but...
I got a default judgment about 40 days ago against an out of state company. Apparently they hired an attorney just today to file a Bill of Review to set aside the judgment, claiming that I told them that I would give them extra time to answer. Not only did I not do that, if I had, I would be the shittiest plaintiff's lawyer in the world. Fuckers are just trying to delay shit to see if my client will settle for less than the judgment, I'm sure of it. The guy even threatened to sue me personally for fraud if I went after their surety bond (which, by the way, is what I am going to do, because fuck this fucker and his strong arm bullshit.) So angry right now. Need a drink.

This is interesting. Let us know how it turns out. Love it when the bullies get their ass handed to them.
post #35589 of 66518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Roommate wants to get the deluxe (max HD channels, HBO, Cinemax, etc.) cable package that would double our bill (plus around $50 for all the installation shit). Part of me wants to do it but I barely watch TV. Meh.


dont be like me and let it boil up for a month and then all hell breaks loose and you wind up getting in a physical altercation....back from the cape/home today and there are 3 piles of trash in the kitchen and mac and cheese bits scattered all over the kitchen floor with hot pocket wrappers...i mean really dude? Im gone like 5 days and the kitchen turns into a disaster zone? How is this possible when all you make goes in the microwave?
post #35590 of 66518
People who change the font on their forum posts.
post #35591 of 66518
First quiz today. Inordinate amount of material for the second class's meeting. I can't wait til we start doing translations instead... That I can do.

Also, trying to pass myself off as an Icelander this morning, assumed I had the uniform correct, but I must have fucked something up because I've been getting stared at the whole time I've been out of the house. Maybe pants aren't tight enough... Seriously, fuck these people.
post #35592 of 66518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

First quiz today. Inordinate amount of material for the second class's meeting. I can't wait til we start doing translations instead... That I can do.
Also, trying to pass myself off as an Icelander this morning, assumed I had the uniform correct, but I must have fucked something up because I've been getting stared at the whole time I've been out of the house. Maybe pants aren't tight enough... Seriously, fuck these people.

Maybe they're staring at you because they're confused. They're thinking "Wait a minute, yesterday this guy was not an Icelander, but all of a sudden he is today. That's weird."
post #35593 of 66518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

People who change the font on their forum posts.

Y DO U HAET FUN FONTS SO MUCH
post #35594 of 66518
My f***-buddy got a new nursing job at New York Presbyterian, making $86k/yr. I think she is 22, maybe 23. How much of a moron am I for working in politics? ffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gifffffuuuu.gif
post #35595 of 66518
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Y DO U HAET FUN FONTS SO MUCH

my problem is people who change the size and font just a little bit, so it gets annoying to look at, when you go through a whole thread and shows how special a flower they are.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.