or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 2311

post #34651 of 67984
its been raining for days on end here, and I don't think I've seen the sun the past 2 weeks, and school's been called off the past couple of days. just less than an hour ago, they raised what they call the alert levels for rain in this city to red, or highest- meaning the level of rainfall in the past 3 hours was "heavy to intense". they've also called for forced evacuation of people living near some of the waterways and dams. this is crazy weather, last time this much rain happened more than half the city was underwater, and hundreds perished. we're fine from where we are, but I feel sorry for a lot of people who are in very desperate situations right now.
post #34652 of 67984
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

its been raining for days on end here, and I don't think I've seen the sun the past 2 weeks, and school's been called off the past couple of days. just less than an hour ago, they raised what they call the alert levels for rain in this city to red, or highest- meaning the level of rainfall in the past 3 hours was "heavy to intense". they've also called for forced evacuation of people living near some of the waterways and dams. this is crazy weather, last time this much rain happened more than half the city was underwater, and hundreds perished. we're fine from where we are, but I feel sorry for a lot of people who are in very desperate situations right now.

God bless you guys..
post #34653 of 67984
Connie best wishes for your grandmother keep up the good work, as long as she is lucid that is what is important
post #34654 of 67984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

My thoughts are with you, Conne.
post #34655 of 67984
Conne ..

My thoughts are with you and your grandmother..
post #34656 of 67984
this has kind of become the things that depress you thread. I hope things are better soon for those of us who have loved ones who have passed or are not doing well.
post #34657 of 67984
Thanks a lot guys. Had a big dinner with extended family at grandma's tonight and she was very happy.
post #34658 of 67984
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

God bless you guys..

thanks, mate.

well I woke up before 6 to check on the news and found out half the city's flooded, they're evacuating people in the lower lying areas, main roads have become impassable, and the rivers around the city have swollen and overflowed.
post #34659 of 67984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Thanks a lot guys. Had a big dinner with extended family at grandma's tonight and she was very happy.

that sounds lovely. im glad your family was able to able spend time together, and to have an enjoyable time. i hope you get more opportunities like that.
post #34660 of 67984
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

thanks, mate.
well I woke up before 6 to check on the news and found out half the city's flooded, they're evacuating people in the lower lying areas, main roads have become impassable, and the rivers around the city have swollen and overflowed.

Jesus. Stay safe.
post #34661 of 67984
acid - hope you and your family are ok, and i hope you guys dont suffer any damage.
post #34662 of 67984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Jesus. Stay safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

acid - hope you and your family are ok, and i hope you guys dont suffer any damage.

thanks guys, no worries me and the family are safe and dry. but seeing pics of today's devastation... frown.gif


noontime




the 2 pictures above are the roads I use everyday to go to work. the bottom road is a highway, and the path those people are walking on are the middle barriers which are about neck high.








pics above are coast guards waiting for their ride on the metro, which is above street level and is the fastest way to go to where they're needed.












Edited by acidboy - 8/7/12 at 12:59am
post #34663 of 67984
Acid - thanks for the pics, i had no idea how severe the flooding was. I cant even really fathom what that must be like. Glad youre ok.

--

Congestion and cough woke me up from my slumber. cloud.gif
post #34664 of 67984
Mother fuck me. How long will it supposed to keep going for? That first pic reminds me of a hurricane.
post #34665 of 67984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Mother fuck me. How long will it supposed to keep going for? That first pic reminds me of a hurricane.

Two more days.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.