or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 195

post #2911 of 61946
Sellers on amazon who send me the wrong batman toy(what I collect toys I'm a nerd) then take forever to respond to emails.
post #2912 of 61946
The orange chicken I had for dinner last night.
post #2913 of 61946
my mom's boyfriend has done most of the interior renovating in the old midsize house we moved into almost 2 years ago. there's a few glitches here and there (slightly warped flooring, etc) , which is forgivable, considering how much money they're saving. but here's the kicker. for the life of me, i cannot figure out why he has installed 45 freakin lightswitches in a house with 9 medium sized rooms. a couple rooms only have 1 or 2, but some have 5 to 9 switches even though there's only 2 sets of lights present.
he's always leaving the lights on, so when i go to turn them out, it's usually a 1 in 3 or 4 chance i hit the right switch, otherwise i have to wander across the room and try the other set of switches.

i should invite Donald Norman over (The Design of Everyday Objects). He'd have a heartattack.
post #2914 of 61946
Wow, that even pisses me off.^
post #2915 of 61946
^^ Invite Mike Holmes over. He'll laugh. Then he'll make it right.

b
post #2916 of 61946
So, I was reclaiming my money the government had stolen off me and the cunts gave me half the amount owed to me. Their reasoning was that I need to be unemployed for four weeks to get the full amount. That's all very well but if they'd gone to school they'd have realised I'd been unemployed in excess of that. Of course, this could all be rectified if they stopped stealing my money in the first place...

And then I find that I can't post off the new form because the post office is closed on Saturdays. WHAT THE FUCK?!? It's the busiest day of the week, what moron thought that was a good idea?!?
post #2917 of 61946
Quote:
Originally Posted by itskub View Post
my mom's boyfriend has done most of the interior renovating in the old midsize house we moved into almost 2 years ago. there's a few glitches here and there (slightly warped flooring, etc) , which is forgivable, considering how much money they're saving. but here's the kicker. for the life of me, i cannot figure out why he has installed 45 freakin lightswitches in a house with 9 medium sized rooms. a couple rooms only have 1 or 2, but some have 5 to 9 switches even though there's only 2 sets of lights present.
he's always leaving the lights on, so when i go to turn them out, it's usually a 1 in 3 or 4 chance i hit the right switch, otherwise i have to wander across the room and try the other set of switches.

i should invite Donald Norman over (The Design of Everyday Objects). He'd have a heartattack.

That's hilarious. There's a couple of switches here that I have no idea what they do, I like to pretend that they're wired to a small house in India.
post #2918 of 61946
I have to report to work tomorrow... a Sunday. A SUNDAY!!!!!
post #2919 of 61946
Four hour windows for the fucking Comcast guy to show up and slip two cards into my newer version Tivo. And then they want $38 for that. Will not give me the cards to put in myself. And if they are late or cancel? A $20 credit.
post #2920 of 61946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post
Four hour windows for the fucking Comcast guy to show up and slip two cards into my newer version Tivo. And then they want $38 for that. Will not give me the cards to put in myself. And if they are late or cancel? A $20 credit.
I hate cable companies. Time Warner can be worse...I've had a 9 AM to 5 PM window before. What the fuck is with that?
post #2921 of 61946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
I hate cable companies. Time Warner can be worse...I've had a 9 AM to 5 PM window before. What the fuck is with that?

I've had Time Warner MISS their 9-5 window. Guy turned up at 6:30. I nearly set a place for him at the table.

Comcast went one better though. We cancelled our service because we had moved, I returned the equipment, and within a month there were demand letters showing up for an extra month they had billed, post-cancellation. Demand letters, from a collection agency. WTF???
post #2922 of 61946
All the sports bars I visited last night were showing the meaningless Redskins preseason game instead of the WEC MMA event. Even the bar that shows the UFC PPV every month.

Fortunately, I am getting my flat-screen TV and cable this coming Friday. Or maybe not, given the previous three posts.
post #2923 of 61946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post
Fortunately, I am getting my flat-screen TV and cable this coming Friday. Or maybe not, given the previous three posts.

Will you have MMA parties at Chateau AC henceforth?
post #2924 of 61946
Some guy at work called me out for wearing boat shoes without socks and concurrently wearing a tie citing the fact that one aspect was too casual and the other too dressy. He then stated he'd been in business 25 years and knew it was wrong. -Ouch, what that necessary?

I'm just an intern and don't face customers.
post #2925 of 61946
Currently pissing me off: The fact I'm the very last person left at the office today, and I still have a few more hours of work to do before I can actually leave. This is going to be a long night. Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot I have to wake up early to review what I'm working on with my boss so we can send it out on time. This seriously blows.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.