or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 1932

post #28966 of 65905
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

^^ anyone who doesnt immediately think of john bonham as soon as the word drums are mentioned should be kicked in the penis. ^^

+100 This.
post #28967 of 65905
This guy sitting on my table wont shut up, well I guess it gives me time to post here.
post #28968 of 65905

Welp. She's still in the hospital, and she's convinced she's driving back after she gets released, so it looks like its just me and the assistant manager working til roughly finals.

 

I'm going to fail my second semester of senior year. awesome.

post #28969 of 65905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

I'd heard of The Band casually and I recognize a few of their songs. I just find this general outpouring of love for the drummer a bit poseurish. I mean, I can name like 5 drummers from any band, and this includes bands I really enjoy. Futureman (because the Flecktones were my fave group for like 10 years and, well, his name is freaking "Futureman"), Ringo, I think Larry Mullen is the U2 drummer, Phil Collins (because he's Phil Collins), and the guy from the Conan O'Brien show. Max Weinberg, that's it.
Listening back to a few of their songs yesterday I guess I could hear that the drumming was pretty darned good but it seems like this happens every time some semi-obscure band that the self-appointed cognoscenti have determined is vastly underappreciated loses a member, and everyone pretends like they knew his name before they read the articles.
[/dumb rant]
Pissing me off: "Your call is important to me." WTF? Why does everyone insist on saying this in their voicemail now? Including my freaking wife?

The Band semi-obscure band? You utter wanker.
post #28970 of 65905
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i have to go to the dentist today censored.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

Injections are great there.

I still cringe every time I have gotten a shot at the dentist, I think of the the dentist making some mistake, shaking, and plunging the needle in my mouth and it breaking.

...pathetic i know but I know what you mean.
post #28971 of 65905
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

^^ anyone who doesnt immediately think of john bonham as soon as the word drums are mentioned should be kicked in the penis. ^^
frown.giffrown.gifsmile.gif

Bonham
Baker
Moon
post #28972 of 65905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post

Welp. She's still in the hospital, and she's convinced she's driving back after she gets released, so it looks like its just me and the assistant manager working til roughly finals.

I'm going to fail my second semester of senior year. awesome.

wait...what happened?

command F didn't find a post with you explaining the situation.
post #28973 of 65905
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

^^ anyone who doesnt immediately think of john bonham as soon as the word drums are mentioned should be kicked in the penis. ^^
(...)

Well, you kind of have to listen for it, but yeah - once you start singling out the drums you start to develop favorites:

Bonham
Baker
Peart
Copeland
Headon

and others.

...

So, last night the wifely unit had the son out until 10 last night. His bedtime's at 8. He woke up okay this morning, but tomorrow will be hellish, and *surprise* she'll be out of town so the Thomas Morning Herd the Fucking Kids Deal will be a one-man show. Get the water hose ready.
post #28974 of 65905
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasbar View Post

Injections are great there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

I still cringe every time I have gotten a shot at the dentist, I think of the the dentist making some mistake, shaking, and plunging the needle in my mouth and it breaking.
...pathetic i know but I know what you mean.

no needles, just a cleaning. went alright i guess. i just hate the polishing part. that nasty, grainy, fake flavored shit makes me want to vomit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

This guy sitting on my table wont shut up, well I guess it gives me time to post here.

why is a guy sitting ON your table? puzzled.gif
post #28975 of 65905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

So, last night the wifely unit had the son out until 10 last night. His bedtime's at 8. He woke up okay this morning, but tomorrow will be hellish, and *surprise* she'll be out of town so the Thomas Morning Herd the Fucking Kids Deal will be a one-man show. Get the water hose ready.

jeez, good luck. im so glad my wife gets the kids up and out in the morning. i remember it being hell for my parents as a kid, we were such assholes getting out to school. glad i dont do it, we will see how long this arrangement lasts.
post #28976 of 65905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

I'd heard of The Band casually and I recognize a few of their songs. I just find this general outpouring of love for the drummer a bit poseurish. I mean, I can name like 5 drummers from any band, and this includes bands I really enjoy. Futureman (because the Flecktones were my fave group for like 10 years and, well, his name is freaking "Futureman"), Ringo, I think Larry Mullen is the U2 drummer, Phil Collins (because he's Phil Collins), and the guy from the Conan O'Brien show. Max Weinberg, that's it.
Listening back to a few of their songs yesterday I guess I could hear that the drumming was pretty darned good but it seems like this happens every time some semi-obscure band that the self-appointed cognoscenti have determined is vastly underappreciated loses a member, and everyone pretends like they knew his name before they read the articles.
[/dumb rant]
Pissing me off: "Your call is important to me." WTF? Why does everyone insist on saying this in their voicemail now? Including my freaking wife?

This may be one of the times where your chronic cynicism does not serve you wink.gif. The Band is not semi-obscure. And Levon, in particular, experienced a real revival over the past decade. He began holding "Midnight Rambles" at his barn in Woodstock (bi-weekly shows with special guests) and everybody who is somebody in music showed up. It started as a way to pay his medical bills but became wildly popular...some of the Rambles sold out months in advance. Donald Fagen was a regular, and I know some recent guests were Mumford and Sons, Ray LaMontagne, Bonnie Raitt, Emmylou Harris, etc. His fan base is essentially a cult and that's because there really was something magical about his performances; I've been to a lot of concerts but none topped Levon's. Always felt like a big family gathering. Yeah yeah, I know this sounds maudlin, but it's really true. You'll find that anybody who has been to his shows will agree with that sentiment.
post #28977 of 65905
This old man in his pajamas at the mechanic has eaten 1/4 of their pile of complementary donuts in the past 5 mins. I was going to have one but he touched every one to get to a chocolate at the bottom. Barf.
post #28978 of 65905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

Well, you kind of have to listen for it, but yeah - once you start singling out the drums you start to develop favorites:
Bonham
Baker
Peart
Copeland
Headon
Barker
Grohl
Roach
Blakey
[/
quote]
post #28979 of 65905
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

^^ anyone who doesnt immediately think of john bonham as soon as the word drums are mentioned should be kicked in the penis. ^^

I'm sorry, but whenever I think of a rock band drummer this guy always pops in my head:


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
rickallen.jpg


yup I went there... I'm just being honest... and well Hysteria is now infecting my brain and will be there for the next 8 hours.


776px-RickAllen.JPG
post #28980 of 65905
Oh I think I thought of another - wasn't Rikki Rocket the Poison drummer?

Man, I'm going to be all devastated when he kicks it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.