or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 1562

post #23416 of 65127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

I went to Princeton Law, so shove it.

I would start saying that all of the time at work whenever somebody asks you to do something. It could either go really well, or really badly.
post #23417 of 65127
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

pB. that really sucks man. truly it does. i feel bad for you and the gf. you are a good man tho, and im sure your lady knows it.
also, normally i would not read a post that long without paragraph breaks. but for you, i made an exception. smile.gif

+1. pB, props to you for going to get her, and taking care of her.
post #23418 of 65127

50/50 chance, not bad. Considering the state of frustration, could be a win/win!

post #23419 of 65127
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post


+1. pB, props to you for going to get her, and taking care of her.

Yes, Kudos! "Many are born a man, few become gentlemen" I am sure her friends are jealous, she is proud. worship.gif

 

 

post #23420 of 65127
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonLehndorff View Post

Yes, Kudos! "Many are born a man, few become gentlemen" I am sure her friends are jealous, she is proud. worship.gif


 

Funny you should mention this. When she went to work on Saturday one of her friends was asking her if I was angry at her and she couldn't believe it when my girlfriend told her I took a day off of work and bought her flowers.

She just texted me that she took her clothes to the dry cleaner and told them that she fell on a pizza. laugh.gif
post #23421 of 65127
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Funny you should mention this. When she went to work on Saturday one of her friends was asking her if I was angry at her and she couldn't believe it when my girlfriend told her I took a day off of work and bought her flowers.
She just texted me that she took her clothes to the dry cleaner and told them that she fell on a pizza. laugh.gif
I like you. You're a great guy.
post #23422 of 65127
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Funny you should mention this. When she went to work on Saturday one of her friends was asking her if I was angry at her and she couldn't believe it when my girlfriend told her I took a day off of work and bought her flowers.
She just texted me that she took her clothes to the dry cleaner and told them that she fell on a pizza. laugh.gif

lawlz, were their noses not functioning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

I like you. You're a great guy.

+1 to pB luv
post #23423 of 65127
PB you really don't own a single other sweatshirt or jacket? Surely you had other less important (and warmer) options than what you picked, even if it meant layering.
post #23424 of 65127
kids who go up and talk to the professor every class, with stupid and mundane bullshit questions and feign some sort of educational epiphany after their simple question has been answered. I mean, its so obvious they are trying to get face time with the prof and furthermore that their face time is based on playing into the professors own ego. so fucking stupid.
post #23425 of 65127
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

He means that he went to the toilet there once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I would start saying that all of the time at work whenever somebody asks you to do something. It could either go really well, or really badly.

laugh.gif

I love it when Conne does this to people, though it shocks me that there's always a new crop of rubes around to fall for it.
post #23426 of 65127
shog[1].gif

i was confuse cuz he told me a while back where he went to school and that wasnt what he said. i though my database was failing me.
post #23427 of 65127
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

because this post is so eerily similar to thoughts i have almost daily i feel compelled to break it down. no creep intended.

aside from that one sentence the rest of your post sounds like you are talking about me and my job.
agree 100%. the feeling that you are wasting your talents and capabilities and could be providing so much more value than you are being used for is something i really struggle with.
inb4stitchesurworthlessjoak

Precisely. I know I'm not a super genius or anything, but the intelligence I do have has to be worth more than this.
Quote:
exactly. if i stay here for 20 years ill be in the spot i am now. scares the shit out of me.

There's a guy in my office like this. Sharp fellow, and I'd call him a friend even, but he's content just doing his thing 8-5 and going home. No real desire to excel or move up, but he's really good at what he does now. Sometimes I wish this were me, but it's just not.
Quote:
ZOMG i think you work for my company, but i know you dont.
yup. and each time the year ends and thing are the same i feel that much more frown.gif

This is my first go-round with this mantra. Failure is not an option.
Quote:
jeezawheez would that be nice. i think about that way too much.

It's tempting, but I don't. I didn't come from much, so I can still get a little bit of smug sense of accomplishment by measuring how far I've come, rather than being content in starting the game with a huge lead.
Quote:
that feeling in my gut almost prevents from getting out of bed in the morning on somedays. i too believe there must be something out there.
:gazesoutofwindowintothestarrynight:
FTFM frown.gif

Yeah, me too. This was one of those mornings. Fortunately, I get up and shower (where I sulk a little), but, as soon as I'm done, I've got my little man and MrsG to greet me. I don't get to see much of MrsG in the morning, because she's usually leaving as I get out, but I do get to spend a bit of time with the son, even if it's just having made-up gibberish conversations, sliding toys over to him with my foot, and teaching him new signs from his DVD. Not to get all inlove.gif, but it's a nice way to be reminded that, despite my discontent from 8-5, there are more important things.
post #23428 of 65127
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

PB you really don't own a single other sweatshirt or jacket? Surely you had other less important (and warmer) options than what you picked, even if it meant layering.

Stumbling, blindly and in fear for his beloved, and should have taken a moment for sartorial considerations? Permanently ruining any item of clothing would have only polished his badge of honor.

 

 

post #23429 of 65127
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

PB you really don't own a single other sweatshirt or jacket? Surely you had other less important (and warmer) options than what you picked, even if it meant layering.

Not really. I have a couple of long sleeve t's that I wear around the house, but I was in a hurry and didn't except to be projectiled on. Was like that scene in Daybreakers.
post #23430 of 65127
i would continue to go point by point, but to suffice it to say we are pretty similar in a lot of ways here i think. weird? inorite.

i will just focus on the new point you have addressed, below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Fortunately, I get up and shower (where I sulk a little), but, as soon as I'm done, I've got my little man and MrsG to greet me. I don't get to see much of MrsG in the morning, because she's usually leaving as I get out, but I do get to spend a bit of time with the son, even if it's just having made-up gibberish conversations, sliding toys over to him with my foot, and teaching him new signs from his DVD. Not to get all inlove.gif, but it's a nice way to be reminded that, despite my discontent from 8-5, there are more important things.

100million pacent. i barely see my kids in the morning. a quick goodbye to the older ones as they head out to school, but i do get a bit of time to see mrs. stitch and to hold the baby and just kiss her and tell her i love her as she makes eyes at me and just melts my heart in general.

then at night when i get home the kids are usually fast asleep, but i go kiss them good night in their beds and just sit with them for a few minutes. once in a while the oldest is still awake and we will talk for a bit about her day, or she asks if she can jump down the steps and ill catch her. of course the answer is yes. and on the rare occasion my son is awake i can talk to him a bit too as he nods off. then i have the rest of the night to spend time with the mrs.

all this reminds me that no matter what shit i have going on at work, what i come to is infinitely more important and fulfilling. if i didnt have that i think id be really bad off emotionally.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.