or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 1395

post #20911 of 61946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

This is really minor and miniscule in the grand scheme of things, but facebook for iphone is totally, irredeemably fucked up. I have a message: oh, no I don't. I have a friend request: oh, no I don't. Comments: no comments.

Sympathies, I know the feeling - similarly across the board with mobile devices, I'm getting teched out.
post #20912 of 61946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

This is really minor and miniscule in the grand scheme of things, but facebook for iphone is totally, irredeemably fucked up. I have a message: oh, no I don't. I have a friend request: oh, no I don't. Comments: no comments.

it sucks when you feel popular and then realize you're really not

LEcTG.png



also, there is a study that has been done that actually says that the notifications we get from various mobile devices and social media actually stimulate our brains in a specific way and releases certain hormones. As you can tell I read it quickly and have absolutely no scientific background, so I can't recall the exact details. If you, or anyone is interested, I can find the article
Edited by oneeightyseven - 11/11/11 at 11:51am
post #20913 of 61946
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post

it sucks when you feel popular and then realize you're really not
LEcTG.png
also, there is a study that has been done that actually says that the notifications we get from various mobile devices and social media actually stimulate our brains in a specific way and releases certain hormones. As you can tell I read it quickly and have absolutely no scientific background, so I can't recall the exact details. If you, or anyone is interested, I can find the article

^^ i lol'ed ^^

please find me this sciencetific arcticle
post #20914 of 61946
I lol'ed.
post #20915 of 61946
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven View Post

it sucks when you feel popular and then realize you're really not
LEcTG.png
(...)

LOLOLOL you bastard. fistbump.gif

it wouldn't be so bad if I didn't keep checking it every five minutes, just to get the football pulled away, each time.
post #20916 of 61946
heres a huffpost article about it, but I'm going to try and find more on the matter:

The Science Behind Feeling Good While Social Networking
post #20917 of 61946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

greenfrog the more posts i read of yours the more i think you are retarded

hahaha, says the genius going to grad school for what was it? english? go occupy wall street.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggskip View Post

@GreenFrog The ability to make a good deck that is free from formatting errors is something that takes years of practice. You just started your job a few months ago, correct? The reality is, and don't take this the wrong way, but recent grads working in their first jobs don't know anything yet. I used to make mistakes like that all the time when I first started working. Now, when I watch younger people work, I cringe at how slow and inept they can be (not saying that you are this bad).
Sometimes I have to go all Nick Burns (Your Company's Computer Guy) on people and kick them off of their machines so that we can get work done on time and to the levels of professionalism that are required of our work. I always make it a point to go back after the fact and teach the youngins' how to do certain things and ways they can improve their performance going forward. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
nick-burns-computer-guy.jpg

yes, I started three months ago. I'm a fast learner so I definitely won't 'miss' these errors next time, but it was just frustrating because I could have avoided the situation altogether by not boasting that it should be 95% error-free.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

At least he didn't try to sneak in how much money he is making in that post.

you're right -- I make 'bout tree fiddy.
post #20918 of 61946
Everything.
post #20919 of 61946
to give you an idea of how irritating some people in family are, my uncle wears two JLC reversos, one on each wrist. one in rose gold and one in platinum. good god.

also if i hear one more person talk about cornell im gonna scream.
post #20920 of 61946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

to give you an idea of how irritating some people in family are, my uncle wears two JLC reversos, one on each wrist. one in rose gold and one in platinum. good god.
also if i hear one more person talk about cornell im gonna scream.

Trump Klassy, that is.
post #20921 of 61946
admittedly they are pretty cool
post #20922 of 61946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

admittedly they are pretty cool

It doesn't matter how cool the watch may be, it's still tasteless. Like wearing suspenders and a belt at the same time.
post #20923 of 61946
nvm, none of my business.
post #20924 of 61946
Quote:
Originally Posted by imageWIS View Post

It doesn't matter how cool the watch may be, it's still tasteless. Like wearing suspenders and a belt at the same time.

How can you trust a man who wears both suspenders and a belt? The man doesn't even trust his own pants.
post #20925 of 61946
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

How can you trust a man who wears both suspenders and a belt? The man doesn't even trust his own pants.

nod[1].gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.