or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things that are pissing you off. - Page 11

post #151 of 66609
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocrat View Post
I do not have anything against the underpriviliged either, without them the world wouldn't go around.
But communists and feminists don't have to be underpriviligied, but it's true, it's like a sickness for the underpriviliged

AT THE GATES SLAUGHTER OF THE SOUL YEAH.
post #152 of 66609
Electrical devices that order me around. At present my microwave beeps at me if I don't take stuff out of it, my oven beeps at me when stuff is cooked, my telephone beeps at me when I knock it, my iron beeps at me if I leave it too long without using it. I'm losing track of just who is in charge in my house. Why can't things just turn themselves off if they reckon they're finished?
post #153 of 66609
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post
Electrical devices that order me around. At present my microwave beeps at me if I don't take stuff out of it, my oven beeps at me when stuff is cooked, my telephone beeps at me when I knock it, my iron beeps at me if I leave it too long without using it. I'm losing track of just who is in charge in my house.

Why can't things just turn themselves off if they reckon they're finished?

Japanese appliances take this to another level. My bath just beeped at me to tell me that it was ready. My air conditioner and refrigerator speak (in Japanese). They say things like..." I am on now" and "I am turning off now".
post #154 of 66609
Sounds like Rosie from the Jetsons. Reminds me of my phone. It has some German bloke on the voicemail saying something like "You vill leave your message now". Can't figure out how to record our own, so everyone thinks they've got the wrong number when they get through to our VM.
post #155 of 66609
Agree on the beeping. My microwave does the same thing.

- deadbeats
- the price of milk
- shipping rates to Canada that are 3x the US rate on eBay
- Banana republic slim fit smalls fit me like a tent
- I suck at doing a proper tie knot.
post #156 of 66609
Use of the words 'pimp' (especially as an adjective), and 'bling' really needs to stop.

I was reading Newsweek and both of those words appeared in one article, and 'Bling' appeared in two other articles in that issue.

'Thug Culture' and the glorification of violence, disrespect towards women, etc. also needs to go. That sort of ties into another thing that pisses me off - pop hip-hop culture. Not to be confused with real hip-hop culture. I'm talking about the MTV/Clear Channel shit.
post #157 of 66609
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMan View Post
Use of the words 'pimp' (especially as an adjective), and 'bling' really needs to stop.

I was reading Newsweek and both of those words appeared in one article, and 'Bling' appeared in two other articles in that issue.

'Thug Culture' and the glorification of violence, disrespect towards women, etc. also needs to go. That sort of ties into another thing that pisses me off - pop hip-hop culture. Not to be confused with real hip-hop culture. I'm talking about the MTV/Clear Channel shit.
+1 to all.

I was ranting about thugs yesterday actually. If I had a kid who tried to dress like that, I'd take his clothes and burn them. Without getting too into the argument, thug culture encourages racism.
post #158 of 66609
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMan View Post
Use of the words 'pimp' (especially as an adjective), and 'bling' really needs to stop.

I was reading Newsweek and both of those words appeared in one article, and 'Bling' appeared in two other articles in that issue.

'Thug Culture' and the glorification of violence, disrespect towards women, etc. also needs to go. That sort of ties into another thing that pisses me off - pop hip-hop culture. Not to be confused with real hip-hop culture. I'm talking about the MTV/Clear Channel shit.

of course these things will fade eventually, but they will only be replaced with something equally degrading. i blame the hippies.
post #159 of 66609
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta View Post
of course these things will fade eventually, but they will only be replaced with something equally degrading. i blame the hippies.

+1.
post #160 of 66609
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMan View Post
Use of the words 'pimp' (especially as an adjective), and 'bling' really needs to stop.

I was reading Newsweek and both of those words appeared in one article, and 'Bling' appeared in two other articles in that issue.

'Thug Culture' and the glorification of violence, disrespect towards women, etc. also needs to go. That sort of ties into another thing that pisses me off - pop hip-hop culture. Not to be confused with real hip-hop culture. I'm talking about the MTV/Clear Channel shit.

Otherwise known as coonery.
post #161 of 66609
My favorite is when hip-hop artists remix nursery rhymes and make millions doing it.
post #162 of 66609
Paypal.

Some Italian guy claimed he didn't get the package I sent. Of course, i sent it.

I sent paypal the customs form number, and a photo of the postal receipt.

They responded saying that they had contacted the shipping agency and found that I had indeed shipped the item.

Today, they contact me saying that they sided with the buyer, and $50 was deducted from my checking account.

Motherfuckers better be keeping their cats peeled...
post #163 of 66609
Quote:
Originally Posted by matadorpoeta View Post
of course these things will fade eventually, but they will only be replaced with something equally degrading.

Yeah, true. It's always something. Screw pop culture in general.
post #164 of 66609
Kitchen faucets should never have knobs, or more than one control to do both water volume and temperature.

Funk dat!
post #165 of 66609
Quote:
Originally Posted by VMan View Post
Paypal.

Some Italian guy claimed he didn't get the package I sent. Of course, i sent it.

I sent paypal the customs form number, and a photo of the postal receipt.

They responded saying that they had contacted the shipping agency and found that I had indeed shipped the item.

Today, they contact me saying that they sided with the buyer, and $50 was deducted from my checking account.

Motherfuckers better be keeping their cats peeled...

Heh, this exact same crap happened to me ~3 years ago, but on top of that I actually had copies of the e-mail the scammer/buyer sent me informing me that he had gotten a package from me (yeah, this guy wasn't too bright, but I guess he knew it didn't matter with PayPal). Why does anyone still use PayPal? Ridiculous and unexpected chargebacks like this can easily and instantly wipe out any marginal increase in sales returns granted by choosing to allow it as a payment option.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things that are pissing you off.