or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 5648

post #84706 of 85782
Sorry to see it, Ed. Best wishes to you and I hope things look up for your folks.
post #84707 of 85782

As 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

So there's a lot of family stuff going on that is weighing me down. Don't want to get too into detail but right now I have to make a decision between being a good son and staying here to help out the folks as much as possible because they are in a bad way. However.... if I do that I have to pass up on what would be some life/career altering moves. Short and long I don't have any good options really.

Which is a long way of saying I started off today just in a mess confused and pretty depressed about everything.

Had a work lunch which left me furious to the point where I have no desire to stay and I mean it isn't like I can just pack up and go.

So I had quite a roller coaster of bullshit today. I can't ignore how much my parents have sacrificed for me and what my mom did for her kids before she met my dad in my my decision. To not sacrifice for them would be a bitch move plain and simple. If I sound beat down and worn out my parents are even more so. As a man of faith too I'm just even more perplexed by it all.

I know there's no right answer and nothing really anyone can say I just need to vent.

 

As someone who has had to support a sibling and a parent for basically my entire adult life and is now looking at a job move across the country, take the job move.  PM me if you want.


As a parent of adult children I would be very disappointed if my kids missed an opportunity in life due to some imagined responsibility toward me . The reason I had kids and raised them was so they could live prouductive and hopefully happy lives. If you were my son , I would have to tell you that taking those opportunities was the best thing you could do for me

post #84708 of 85782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbernine View Post

As 


As a parent of adult children I would be very disappointed if my kids missed an opportunity in life due to some imagined responsibility toward me . The reason I had kids and raised them was so they could live prouductive and hopefully happy lives. If you were my son , I would have to tell you that taking those opportunities was the best thing you could do for me

I generally agree with this.
post #84709 of 85782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post

Right now I am very, very angry. I helped my girlfriend get a very desirable job, and my father went out on a limb to recommend her. It's about as good as you can get for a fresh out of school engineer.

She messages me today that she did a few bumps of cocaine mid-August--now she's probably going to fail her drug test that she is scheduled to take early October.

I don't know what to do. There is just too great a possibility she'll test positive, and this may negatively impact my dad's reputation. No? Yes? I think the only option is for her to turn down the offer and move on.

I just don't get why she just now told me or why she did a few bumps at that time. I told her way back in April that the company does hair test drug screens.

What does SF think?

Why... why... why did she do cocaine in the first place? Drugs are such a social thing. She was probably feeling "in the moment."

post #84710 of 85782
I had the worst workday of my year today. So I got good and drunk tonight.
post #84711 of 85782
She should turn down the offer to save your dad's reputation. You should find another girlfriend.
post #84712 of 85782
Thanks guys. I don't have to make any immediate decisions so at least that's going for me.

I think my bad mood is creeping into my non-work life. I've been increasingly angry on my commute--but that could be because I am now a cyclist (ugh) and there are folks who block the bike lane or just sit in intersections when the light has changed. Anyway the point being I am not an angry person or maybe this is just one part of me that's coming out. Either way I don't like it.
post #84713 of 85782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post

We've been together over a year, and I think this was her second time ever in her life doing coke. If it was a monthly occurrence, yeah, I probably wouldn't date her, either. But, I have no problem with occasional experimentation with illicit substances--I've had my fair share of fun times. However, there is a time for experimentation, and that time really isn't at the start of looking for employment.

Oh well, and I disagree about reputation damage, it is a conservative firm, and she was going to live at my parents house for a bit until she got settled and could get find a good place to live. Would be pretty embarrassing for everyone involved.

Probably best she just not take it.

You need more deets on purity. Was she flying or just moderately perked? How big? Key or big lines? A couple bumps is like 0.05 or less of a gram. If it was a key bump a bunch probably just fell on the floor. Either way it was probably half or more garbage so now we're talkin 0.025 or less of a gram 60 days before a hair test (correct)? Deece chance it doesn't show.

I'd get her to spin up a little girl excuse for her back pocket. Someone laced a roll-your-own Drum cigarette as a prank. I was very mad at the time but forgot etc

I bet she'd pass anyway.
post #84714 of 85782
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirReveller View Post

You need more deets on purity. Was she flying or just moderately perked? How big? Key or big lines? A couple bumps is like 0.05 or less of a gram. If it was a key bump a bunch probably just fell on the floor. Either way it was probably half or more garbage so now we're talkin 0.025 or less of a gram 60 days before a hair test (correct)? Deece chance it doesn't show.

I'd get her to spin up a little girl excuse for her back pocket. Someone laced a roll-your-own Drum cigarette as a prank. I was very mad at the time but forgot etc

I bet she'd pass anyway.

Out of all the advice given, including me asking for pics, this is literally the worst.
post #84715 of 85782
Well it's not like they'll tell other potential employers. There's a confidentiality clause when you submit to shit like that.

I don't know how great a job opp it is but if it's fabulous and you're 70% gonna pass based on your research on hair tests...

Yeah, also do more research on efficacy of hair tests + more data on the "couple bumps".
post #84716 of 85782
Biscotti, this girl must be super hot.
post #84717 of 85782

Goddamnit I miss having hair. 

post #84718 of 85782
Sorry you miss your Beard.
post #84719 of 85782
I bought a stupid homemade Pop Tart from a coffee shop this morning, thinking I was getting a blackberry as it said on the wrapper, but it was filled with fucking jalapeño jelly.
post #84720 of 85782
That'll wake you up huh...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!