or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 5633

post #84481 of 85764
post #84482 of 85764
😭😭😭
post #84483 of 85764
I was trying to buy granola oats from the vendel machine but I bought Snack Well instead (both come in green packaging). Here's how I resolved the problem I bought a granola oats after buying the Snack Well and I ate them both.
post #84484 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

If only we could find a way to bring them together off the forum, like with a secret Santa match or something like that...

Meh. All it would be from GF is the male version of:

post #84485 of 85764
I was supposed to serve as a witness in a trial today (long story) and the lawyers involved 1) told me differing times to show up; 2) finally agreed; and 3) when I showed up at that time I sat outside the courtroom for 30 minutes before one of the lawyers came out to tell me that the judge wouldn't be hearing any more testimony today. So I guess I will be returning a few weeks from now if the parties can't manage to settle.

At least I got to wear a suit, I guess.
post #84486 of 85764
Great. You spend all week preparing yourself to show them where on the doll the man touched you, and now you have to go through it all again??
post #84487 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post

I was supposed to serve as a witness in a trial today (long story) and the lawyers involved 1) told me differing times to show up; 2) finally agreed; and 3) when I showed up at that time I sat outside the courtroom for 30 minutes before one of the lawyers came out to tell me that the judge wouldn't be hearing any more testimony today. So I guess I will be returning a few weeks from now if the parties can't manage to settle.

At least I got to wear a suit, I guess.

I hope you tipped them. That's the classy thing to do.
post #84488 of 85764
The guy next to me has been watching/blasting GOT for the past hour... nice to hear that hbo has taken the nuance of the novels and distilled it down to torture porn. Imma have noghtmares tonight.

EDIT: i meant nougat mares obv.
post #84489 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

I hope you tipped them. That's the classy thing to do.

I'm hoping that i will be presented the opportunity to slap their foreheads, Three Stooges-style.
post #84490 of 85764
'Merkins really have a bad perspective of "overweight," though. I got down to like 173 (5'10"), barely cracked the teens in body fat %, and people are like "you are getting really skinny! You really want to lose more weight?"

I blame performance athletes. 5'10", 185+ lbs, and lean is exceptional. If you're that height and weight, but don't have many years of strength training under your belt, you're probably just fat.
post #84491 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post

'Merkins really have a bad perspective of "overweight," though. I got down to like 173 (5'10"), barely cracked the teens in body fat %, and people are like "you are getting really skinny! You really want to lose more weight?"

I blame performance athletes. 5'10", 185+ lbs, and lean is exceptional. If you're that height and weight, but don't have many years of strength training under your belt, you're probably just fat.

Weight training does weird things to your weight expectations. I'm really bad at guessing people's weight unless they lift. I have no clue for fat guys.


Was talking to a guy I know at the gym who is seriously overweight. He was pretty happy because he had just hit his bodyweight for a lift. Turns out he weighs the same amount I do. I'd have thought he was at least 40 lbs heavier.
post #84492 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Weight training does weird things to your weight expectations. I'm really bad at guessing people's weight unless they lift. I have no clue for fat guys.


Was talking to a guy I know at the gym who is seriously overweight. He was pretty happy because he had just hit his bodyweight for a lift. Turns out he weighs the same amount I do. I'd have thought he was at least 40 lbs heavier.

Remember that muscle is denser than fat.
post #84493 of 85764
the Galaxy VR commercial looks exactly like the "jacking in" scenes from Strange Days. next thing you know they'll be saying cops are still racist too.
post #84494 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Remember that muscle is denser than fat.

I know that intellectually, but it's kind of hard to apply quantitatively in meatspace. It's not like people walk around announcing their body weight.
post #84495 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I know that intellectually, but it's kind of hard to apply in meatspace. It's not like people walk around announcing their body weight.

Wasn't there a Nickelback video where it was above their heads?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!