or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 5540

post #83086 of 85767
For what it's worth I met my ex on an online site 7 years ago. I'm aware of the things that go along with it. I'm also a very different person today than I was then.
post #83087 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

So for those of the forum who did not know my boo and I decided to end our 7 year relationship about 9 months ago. So, recently I have discovered dating apps. I find myself experiencing much cognitive dissonance over dating. On one hand it seems like it could be fun, but on the other I really like to do my own thing when I have free time. I have been thinking that perhaps the liking to do my own thing is a rationalization because I am not really "good at" women.
Oversimplification, but I think the key is to remember it's a dating app and not necessarily an instant relationship app. There's an inherent pressure to treat it like a video game and try to "win". But really, it's just putting you in touch with people you can go out and have fun with when and if you want. Even though I'm basically a misanthrope, once I got used to the weirdness of online dating (stay off my lawn, dammit!) I actually had a lot of fun meeting some nice women when I felt like hanging out without any real expectations beyond a date or two. Some I had interesting conversations with but had no interest in seeing again (or vice versa), some I became casual friends with, and some I continued to date for a while.
Just approach it casually, be straightforward with people, and I think you'll have fun.

And don't sell yourself short. You've always been a very different person.
post #83088 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

So for those of the forum who did not know my boo and I decided to end our 7 year relationship about 9 months ago. So, recently I have discovered dating apps. I find myself experiencing much cognitive dissonance over dating. On one hand it seems like it could be fun, but on the other I really like to do my own thing when I have free time. I have been thinking that perhaps the liking to do my own thing is a rationalization because I am not really "good at" women.

Sorry to hear about the split; I had been wondering. Hope you're doing okay.
post #83089 of 85767
I hear you, but my issues around it are two fold: 1) I don't have a lot of free time, so when I do I like seeing people that are important to me, or simply being with myself, 2) I have these dating apps and I don't get matches to begin with. People told me I must be too picky, well that's fine by me.
post #83090 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

So for those of the forum who did not know my boo and I decided to end our 7 year relationship about 9 months ago. So, recently I have discovered dating apps. I find myself experiencing much cognitive dissonance over dating. On one hand it seems like it could be fun, but on the other I really like to do my own thing when I have free time.

Sorry to hear that dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

I actually had a lot of fun meeting some nice women when I felt like hanging out without any real expectations beyond a date or two.

Was GF sad when you hit it and quit it?
post #83091 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Sorry to hear about the split; I had been wondering. Hope you're doing okay.

Yeah, it wasn't anything out of the blue. It was something that had been discussed over a long time. In the end her calling is in third world countries and mine is in my bubblicious bubble (NYC).
post #83092 of 85767
So I developed a crush on the new barista at the cafe, but alas it turns out she is a lesbian. Why does this always happen to me? Also, why do lesbians love Fleetwood Mac so much? Fleetwood Mac sucks except for that one song with the outtro that reminds me of the part in Interpol's "The New" where the song modulates from C major to B harmonic minor using a diminished chord as the pivot chord for the modulation.
post #83093 of 85767
Summer sucks balls, why is everybody so happy? The next time I hear somebody say, "Isn't it so nice out!" I am going to uppercut them into a fire.
post #83094 of 85767
I feel like you're going to the same barista over and over again, only to be surprised every time that she is a lesbian. You're the guy from Memento
post #83095 of 85767
Well, I have a story about another barista from another cafe. This barista is very young with a very badass look to her with a bit of a chip on her shoulder. She's probably like 22 years old, wears a black leather jacket with studs on it, smokes Marlboro reds, wacky haircut, but I find her unbelievably hot. She has this very distinct way she puts on her makeup and eyeliner, like it is hard not to notice, very prominent. Anyway, when I was in Cambodia in January I was talking with my ex-boo and we were talking about certain makeup styles for something or another. My ex-boo was a makeup artist for like a decade. So, I brought up this girl's look to her in conversation because it was relevant. She was like, oh that sounds really cool, you should take a picture of her and show it to me. So, I am like, well that's weird I wouldn't do that. Ex-boo was like look just tell her you were having a conversation with a friend who is in Cambodia about makeup or whatever and you brought up her look and your friend is a makeup artist and is just interested. That seemed reasonable enough to me because she is obviously putting time into it and she wouldn't go out of her way to make it the way it is if she didn't want it to me noticed. So, at the cafe I lay it out. I'm like hey Julie (not her real name) and I'm like I have a weird question for you, and please feel free to say no, because it seems strange. Then I tell her. Let me tell you that it did not go over well. She was extremely weirded out and left the cafe in rush (her shift was over). Now it is awkward, but I did find out she's not a lesbian because I saw her making out with this other 19 year old looking goth dude in the street. I feel like she thinks I am a creep. I mean, I am a weirdo, but not a creep.
post #83096 of 85767

I think it would've gone a lot better if you showed some of your ex's work. 

post #83097 of 85767
In retrospect I should have said here is her email/facebook profile if you'd like to send her a photo.
post #83098 of 85767
Side note, barista has got great tits.
post #83099 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Well, I have a story about another barista from another cafe. This barista is very young with a very badass look to her with a bit of a chip on her shoulder. She's probably like 22 years old, wears a black leather jacket with studs on it, smokes Marlboro reds, wacky haircut, but I find her unbelievably hot. She has this very distinct way she puts on her makeup and eyeliner, like it is hard not to notice, very prominent. Anyway, when I was in Cambodia in January I was talking with my ex-boo and we were talking about certain makeup styles for something or another. My ex-boo was a makeup artist for like a decade. So, I brought up this girl's look to her in conversation because it was relevant. She was like, oh that sounds really cool, you should take a picture of her and show it to me. So, I am like, well that's weird I wouldn't do that. Ex-boo was like look just tell her you were having a conversation with a friend who is in Cambodia about makeup or whatever and you brought up her look and your friend is a makeup artist and is just interested. That seemed reasonable enough to me because she is obviously putting time into it and she wouldn't go out of her way to make it the way it is if she didn't want it to me noticed. So, at the cafe I lay it out. I'm like hey Julie (not her real name) and I'm like I have a weird question for you, and please feel free to say no, because it seems strange. Then I tell her. Let me tell you that it did not go over well. She was extremely weirded out and left the cafe in rush (her shift was over). Now it is awkward, but I did find out she's not a lesbian because I saw her making out with this other 19 year old looking goth dude in the street. I feel like she thinks I am a creep. I mean, I am a weirdo, but not a creep.

I feel like this is representative of the pBooth story.
post #83100 of 85767
What do you mean?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!