or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 5498

post #82456 of 85776
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

Wine is alcoholic grape juice
Huh. You don't say.
post #82457 of 85776

What's that stuff called that's wine before it's fermented. That stuff is delicious. 

post #82458 of 85776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

What's that stuff called that's wine before it's fermented. That stuff is delicious. 

It's called Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
your mother's love juices
post #82459 of 85776
Baylor. Retaliated against women who reported sexual assaults by their football players, hid domestic abuse, theft, etc by athletes with the help of the Waco police.

Report broke today.
post #82460 of 85776
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Baylor. Retaliated against women who reported sexual assaults by their football players, hid domestic abuse, theft, etc by athletes with the help of the Waco police.

Report broke today.

Ken Starr's pro-feminist vigilance and dogged devotion to the rule of law ain't what they used to be.
post #82461 of 85776
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post


Ken Starr's pro-feminist vigilance and dogged devotion to the rule of law ain't what they used to be.

Big 12 commissioner actual quote "Baylor has gone through a process that has now yielded an outcome and that outcome was based upon what they found"

 

Also - he said the Big 12 would likely not punish Baylor “I don’t think you could find anything in our bylaws that would say the conference has any regulatory province or any particular imperative on this,” Bowlsby said. “Are we concerned about it? Yeah, because we’re concerned for the welfare of students in general, in particular in this case, students on the Baylor campus. Beyond that, we’re here to manage athletics contests. That’s as far as our involvement should go.”

post #82462 of 85776
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Big 12 commissioner actual quote "Baylor has gone through a process that has now yielded an outcome and that outcome was based upon what they found"

Dennis Green is running the Big 12 now?
post #82463 of 85776
So, will they get the death penalty? Penn State was ostensibly close, and the Baylor case seems to have an extensive institutional involvement element that mostly wasn't there with PSU.
post #82464 of 85776
Well, I'd presume any penalties would be assessed at the NCAA level. Makes sense that the conference won't do anything.

I doubt the conferences are really in a position where they need to be making ethical conduct bylaws that somehow differ from the rules applied to other conferences.
post #82465 of 85776

You know what would be great?  If this leads to colleges getting out of the business of investigating and prosecuting crimes and led to the police and various district/city/whatever attorneys handle this stuff.

post #82466 of 85776
I think rjbuttnugget might have the "real" scoop on this.
post #82467 of 85776
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

You know what would be great?  If this leads to colleges getting out of the business of investigating and prosecuting crimes and led to the police and various district/city/whatever attorneys handle this stuff.

Maybe they'll just get out of the business of wishing they could operate a professional sports league altogether. Leave that shit to slimy rich dudes...at least we expect them to cover up crimes.
post #82468 of 85776
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post
 

You know what would be great?  If this leads to colleges getting out of the business of investigating and prosecuting crimes and led to the police and various district/city/whatever attorneys handle this stuff.

What would be great is if the local police chiefs didn't take orders from the football coach. See - Baylor, FSU, etc.

post #82469 of 85776
And this is where I realize hardly anyone knows the reference I just made. frown.gif
post #82470 of 85776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

And this is where I realize hardly anyone knows the reference I just made. frown.gif


No but a google search did lead me down the rabbit hole of some pretty sick crap[sic]

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!