or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 5470

post #82036 of 85798
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

The terrible thing about the ongoing erosion of traditionally rigid social conventions and taboos around sex-specific public bathrooms is that I'm going to end up having to wait much longer to pee at rock concerts and sporting events as women realize it's stupid to stand in a bathroom line that's five times as long as the other one.

Didn't this break down at rock concerts back in the 70s and was pretty established in the 80s?

I've also been saying for some time now, including here, the obvious answer to bathroom equality is 100% unisex bathrooms but that the women would be jealous walking by the urinals and seeing how fast we get in and out.
post #82037 of 85798
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Was she some kind of expert in how guys pee at urinals? That trend, actually, is documented just with other men. I remember it discussed in some stupid sociology/psychology class I took.

She only had sisters, so probably not. But she was blunt and not easily embarrassed, so she may just have felt more comfortable than others paying attention to what was going on and/or more comfortable commenting on it.

And maybe the fact that she'd worked for several years as a veterinary assistant gave her a fairly clinical attitude toward bodily functions and body parts?
post #82038 of 85798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Didn't this break down at rock concerts back in the 70s and was pretty established in the 80s?

I've also been saying for some time now, including here, the obvious answer to bathroom equality is 100% unisex bathrooms but that the women would be jealous walking by the urinals and seeing how fast we get in and out.

Yeah, I agree with your second point.

As to the first -- I still see the disparity in the lines for stadium bathrooms. Saw Bruce Springsteen at the Los Angeles Sports Arena a few months back, and was at the Final Four at Reliant Stadium last month. Both places, the bathrooms were sex-designated and people seemed to follow those designations (leading to much longer lines for the womens'). At outdoor music festivals and such you're usually talking about porta-potties so the issue doesn't really come up.

I can recall a few times when the distinctions broke down and a group of women announced "heads up guys, we're coming in." But in my experience that's still the exception rather than the rule.
post #82039 of 85798
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Yeah, I agree with your second point.

As to the first -- I still see the disparity in the lines for stadium bathrooms. Saw Bruce Springsteen at the Los Angeles Sports Arena a few months back, and was at the Final Four at Reliant Stadium last month. Both places, the bathrooms were sex-designated and people seemed to follow those designations (leading to much longer lines for the womens'). At outdoor music festivals and such you're usually talking about porta-potties so the issue doesn't really come up.

I can recall a few times when the distinctions broke down and a group of women announced "heads up guys, we're coming in." But in my experience that's still the exception rather than the rule.

Maybe it was different in the Rust Belt but the pissers were full of chicks trying to avoid their lines in the 80s...even at Rush concerts!
post #82040 of 85798
A lot of Rush fans don't really know about the differences between the sexes though.
post #82041 of 85798
It amazes me that there are people who don't realize that you don't need to press your brake pedal every time you want to slow your car down just a little bit. All you need to do is take your foot off the accelerator. These people are just as bad as the coal rollers.

(I was following a car like this on a 2-lane highway, and counted 10-11 times that the driver hit the brakes for every one time I hit mine.)

Also... people who think a 2-lane highway means that it has 2 lanes in each direction (aka a 4-lane highway).

Also... my dad who for whatever reason insists that the "inside lane" is the right lane (in the USA, natch) and not the left lane (which is closest to the inside of the roadway).

Also... people who use "natch" like it's a hep way to write "naturally."

Also... My posts have gotten far fewer thumbs since I switched my avatar from Commodore Lagomorph. Maybe it is true what they say about pets and kids.
post #82042 of 85798
My mother always used to say "inside lane" and "outside lane" when she was a passenger in my car and I could never figure out what in tarnation she meant. She'd say "You got to get into the inside lane perty soon?" and I'd be like "Do you mean the left lane?" and she'd be like "No the other lane."
post #82043 of 85798
So many cliches at this coffee shop I wonder which one I am

The quiet loner every girl lusts for?
post #82044 of 85798
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

So many cliches at this coffee shop I wonder which one I am

The quiet loner every girl lusts for?

Ed, your level of self-evaluation is frightening.
post #82045 of 85798
I know. The precision and accuracy are deity like.
post #82046 of 85798
Squirty booze shits.

😭
post #82047 of 85798
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Squirty booze chipolte shits.

😭

 

FTFY

post #82048 of 85798
Ed, dude, I hope things start looking up for you.
post #82049 of 85798
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcman311 View Post

But there would be the chance I wouldnt have to pay if it was involuntary.  

Fun fact regarding paying for health care: Despite forcing insurance companies to completely cover approximately 938 (my estimate) forms of female birth control, including tubal ligation, ACA does not require them to cover vasectomies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

The terrible thing about the ongoing erosion of traditionally rigid social conventions and taboos around sex-specific public bathrooms is that I'm going to end up having to wait much longer to pee at rock concerts and sporting events as women realize it's stupid to stand in a bathroom line that's five times as long as the other one.

I had this revelation recently, too. Then I realized that living in the Deep South means it'll still be awhile before it's a problem.
post #82050 of 85798
You guys have never used the women's restroom when the men's has a long line?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!