or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 5236

post #78526 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Summary: A while ago a lady showed up at my door with two children saying they were mine. (They are Diderik and Merchant, ages 11 and 8 respectively.) I'd only dated the woman a few years prior, but that didn't occur to me at the time, so when she said I should take responsibility and raise Diderik and Merchant, I didn't refuse. When I got a DNA test, the results showed that they were cats. I don't think that's true though because they have the traits of humans. (Diderik likes Def Leppard, for example. Cats don't like Def Leppard even though there's a veiled reference to a cat in the name.)


Screw you, Dad. How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me a cat.

 

<sob>

post #78527 of 85767
To the awesome new sock above:

post #78528 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

god dammit.

first class upgrades were really cheap for the flights my GF and I are taking for thanksgiving. I took her confirmation email and went to buy it secretly (we are on separate itineraries because we fly out on different days but return together).

Bought her upgrade and then went to buy mine. It still said the same price. Choose seats and hit purchase...fucking thing spits it back at me and says prices went up.

Shit almost doubled in price, but I had to pay it since I was already committed

Thank goodness you bought hers first, though. Imagine if you bought yours and then didn't get one for her. That would have been awkward.
post #78529 of 85767
Mostly annoying because it is a very short flight home...its not really worth paying much for an upgrade on such a short hop.

If it had either been on United (who I have miles with) or for a longer flight, it wouldn't have been such a big deal, but for such a short time and not even getting status credit...dammit.
post #78530 of 85767
Unless you are going to Detroit or Minneapolis (in which case I mock you mercilessly for being a loser), how the fuck are you even seeing decently priced TG flights?

(And yes , I am looking)
post #78531 of 85767
Every year we have an ethics test of which we must complete online in order to make sure we know what kinds of ethical rules apply to us in the workplace. Naturally, there is a deadline to take the test. As the deadline approaches, we get e-mails be say things like "You are currently in violation of policy haven't taken ethics test" or "You are out of compliance to where you risk disciplinary action." And I'm like "For the love of the Lord I am not actually in violation unless the deadline has passed this isn't difficult to comprehend."
post #78532 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Unless you are going to Detroit or Minneapolis (in which case I mock you mercilessly for being a loser), how the fuck are you even seeing decently priced TG flights?

(And yes , I am looking)

Because I am going chicago to minneapolis?

And the flights themselves could have been cheaper...but the first class upgrades seemed cheap (until it doubled on me). My guess would be because there is not a lot of business travel on those dates and thus the seats stayed open.
post #78533 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post


Because I am going chicago to minneapolis?

And the flights themselves could have been cheaper...but the first class upgrades seemed cheap (until it doubled on me). My guess would be because there is not a lot of business travel on those dates and thus the seats stayed open.

 

Come hang out with brokencycle!  Also, you paid for FC for a flight that spends more time on the runway than the in the air?

post #78534 of 85767
As I said...it was cheap!...until it doubled on me after I upgraded my GF's ticket.

Mostly just wanted to surprise my GF with it...but there was a bit of an ulterior motive as on my flight out, the only available economy seats were middle seats in the back.

Also, you get free checked bags in first...I know she has to check at least one way to carry liquid gifts for a friend, and I will probably need to check one or both ways as well. If the upgrade only costs a little more than checking a bag and gets you priority lines in the busiest travel season...why not take it?

But yeah, then my upgrade went from being $88 round trip to being like $160 frown.gif
post #78535 of 85767
I just wanted to say that I also have very strong feelings regarding otc's choices related to holiday travel (particularly his decision to spend Thanksgiving traveling with GreenFrog).
post #78536 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

To the awesome new sock above:


If only the operator's identity weren't so, um, obscure.
post #78537 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Every year we have an ethics test of which we must complete online in order to make sure we know what kinds of ethical rules apply to us in the workplace. Naturally, there is a deadline to take the test. As the deadline approaches, we get e-mails be say things like "You are currently in violation of policy haven't taken ethics test" or "You are out of compliance to where you risk disciplinary action." And I'm like "For the love of the Lord I am not actually in violation unless the deadline has passed this isn't difficult to comprehend."

The obsession with ethicity on university campuses is out of control.
post #78538 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I just wanted to say that I also have very strong feelings regarding otc's choices related to holiday travel (particularly his decision to spend Thanksgiving traveling with GreenFrog).

I'm just pissed he's not volunteering to drive us there in his fancy new car.
post #78539 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I just wanted to say that I also have very strong feelings regarding otc's choices related to holiday travel (particularly his decision to spend Thanksgiving traveling with GreenFrog).

 

I'll forgive him if he hangs out with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

As I said...it was cheap!...until it doubled on me after I upgraded my GF's ticket.

Mostly just wanted to surprise my GF with it...but there was a bit of an ulterior motive as on my flight out, the only available economy seats were middle seats in the back.

Also, you get free checked bags in first...I know she has to check at least one way to carry liquid gifts for a friend, and I will probably need to check one or both ways as well. If the upgrade only costs a little more than checking a bag and gets you priority lines in the busiest travel season...why not take it?

But yeah, then my upgrade went from being $88 round trip to being like $160 frown.gif

 

Your reasoning is sound but you got suckered into a mental sunk cost.  I don't think I've paid more than $100 round trip total for MSP to MDW or ORD

post #78540 of 85767
Eh...I could fly spirit, but otherwise, I haven't seen holiday flights that cheap in years (and spirit is well over that now too)..

Maybe if I booked super far in advance, but around thanksgiving/christmas/new years, I would consider $200 a deal.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!