or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 5208

post #78106 of 85764
I went to McHenry's to rent a cat (Burgess) whose job will be to take care of Diderik and Merchant. (Cats are known for good parenting skills.) I'll still have to buy food and school supplies, but I go to the store regularly anyways. We'll see how this works out.
post #78107 of 85764
If you want to save a buck or two, there's a pack of strays running around my area that you can use for parenting for free. They have no names other than Fried Fish Rustler and One Eyed Pie Bandit so there's the additional social value of giving them proper names
post #78108 of 85764
I want to drink but I finished all of my Chartreuse last night.
post #78109 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Pun View Post

I want to drink but I finished all of my Chartreuse last night.

Have you no other hooch? Seems like an odd ball sauce to run out of and then say … "I'm out of sauce!" happy.gif
post #78110 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

Have you no other hooch? Seems like an odd ball sauce to run out of and then say … "I'm out of sauce!" happy.gif

Sometimes you just want a Last Word or Widows Kiss and nothing else will suffice.


First World drinking problems.
post #78111 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Been in a similar situation, all I can say is run Forrest run.

Yeah, I'm going to start looking in earnest. I'm a little reluctant because I really wanted to spend more time here than I have, but I at least need to be prepared if things don't improve.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

MrG should join a startup. Or better yet, start one up.

I do like yogurt.

This actually sounds interesting to me, but I'm not sure I'm an attractive candidate to anyone in that world.
post #78112 of 85764
Also, work thing that's pissing me off that isn't the stuff above:

There's a woman in my office who is notoriously hard to work with. She's seriously awful. Her position is an RCH above admin assistant, but, because she's so awful, she is able to basically brow beat people into what she wants regardless of whether it's correct.

The other day, I had to give some input on an item she was working on, and I pointed out something that I knew would be an issue when it hit our finance department. The way she wanted to do it was flat-out wrong. (I should note here that, when it comes to the sort of question we were addressing, I probably have more expertise than anyone in the department.)

Anyhow, she got completely pissed with me and lost her shit. Being that I'm a professional who thinks arguing in the office is poor form, I basically said, "I disagree, but I'm not dying on this hill, and I'm not going to keep arguing about it. I'll do it however you think is best." This wasn't good enough, so she found our director without telling me and basically tattled on me for daring to question the status quo. I just let it all go because I refuse to be dragged into her drama, and if they want to do it wrong, the call is ultimately made above my head. It was eventually submitted to finance done her way.

Finance called me this morning asking why we did it the way we did and telling me it should have been done the way I recommended.
post #78113 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Yeah, I'm going to start looking in earnest. I'm a little reluctant because I really wanted to spend more time here than I have, but I at least need to be prepared if things don't improve.
I do like yogurt.

This actually sounds interesting to me, but I'm not sure I'm an attractive candidate to anyone in that world.

Don't you work for the government in some form? You just need to find a startup that wants to interface with your area of experience and offer to put your contacts and knowledge to use in expediting things through the stone wall of the public sector.

dat revolving door!
post #78114 of 85764
Think I may have a solution to my workplace coffee woes. My GF gave me one of those zojirushi thermal mugs for my birthday. They actually work too well in that if you put just brewed coffee in them, it will still be too hot to drink hours later. If you want to drink straight from it, you almost have to fill it with something that is already at drinking temp.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I don't actually drink that much coffee (in fact, she gave me the 20oz which is way too large if I am not sharing), but instead fill my cup many times a day with just a little bit of coffee so that it is always hot. This is problematic in the world of an over-utilized coffee supply where the pot is empty 50%+ of the time.

This morning I just filled the zojirushi with a day's worth of coffee and have just been pouring it out into my mug an inch at a time...always hot, and I don't have to brew a whole pot of coffee (because the other coffee drinkers in this office are lazy bastards apparently) just for an ounce or two.
post #78115 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post


Finance called me this morning asking why we did it the way we did and telling me it should have been done the way I recommended.

 

Did you end up telling the lady? or your boss who she tattled to?

post #78116 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Also, work thing that's pissing me off that isn't the stuff above:

There's a woman in my office who is notoriously hard to work with. She's seriously awful. Her position is an RCH above admin assistant, but, because she's so awful, she is able to basically brow beat people into what she wants regardless of whether it's correct.

The other day, I had to give some input on an item she was working on, and I pointed out something that I knew would be an issue when it hit our finance department. The way she wanted to do it was flat-out wrong. (I should note here that, when it comes to the sort of question we were addressing, I probably have more expertise than anyone in the department.)

Anyhow, she got completely pissed with me and lost her shit. Being that I'm a professional who thinks arguing in the office is poor form, I basically said, "I disagree, but I'm not dying on this hill, and I'm not going to keep arguing about it. I'll do it however you think is best." This wasn't good enough, so she found our director without telling me and basically tattled on me for daring to question the status quo. I just let it all go because I refuse to be dragged into her drama, and if they want to do it wrong, the call is ultimately made above my head. It was eventually submitted to finance done her way.

Finance called me this morning asking why we did it the way we did and telling me it should have been done the way I recommended.

Did you have the finance department speak to her directly? I would like to think that'd shut her up, temporarily.

post #78117 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Yeah, I'm going to start looking in earnest. I'm a little reluctant because I really wanted to spend more time here than I have, but I at least need to be prepared if things don't improve.
I do like yogurt.

This actually sounds interesting to me, but I'm not sure I'm an attractive candidate to anyone in that world.

Depends on your industry brah. There's a stigma that you have to be young or w/e to work at a startup but depending on the industry and whether you have specialized knowledge, they won't give two shits.

Also, bean bag chairs.
post #78118 of 85764
I think it's time we had a honest conversation on this website about boots are they healthy for your ankels or can they cause harmage?
post #78119 of 85764
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Depends on your industry brah. There's a stigma that you have to be young or w/e to work at a startup but depending on the industry and whether you have specialized knowledge, they won't give two shits.

Also, bean bag chairs.

Why (outside of a few industries) would an employer care how well endowed you are?
Also, just FYI, that ain't what stigma means.
post #78120 of 85764
Just got home from a long day of work. Turns out Merchant fell and scraped his knee and Burgess couldn't get the wrapper off the Band-Aid because he'd been declawed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!