or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 5091

post #76351 of 85676
I mean...you should get the toilet kind. It will work fine.

for reference, toilet kind:


sink/drain kind:


the sink plunger will still work on most toilet problems...but considering you shitty habits, why not get the right tool for the job?
post #76352 of 85676
So, it turns out the Hulkster is a big giant racist.

I didn't realize my childhood would be shat upon today, but there you go.

frown.gif
Quote:
http://www.ajc.com/news/entertainment/wwe-fires-hulk-hogan-erases-him-completely/nm57y/

The WWE has fired Hulk Hogan.

They've even completely scrubbed any mention of him from the WWE website, including the Hall of Fame page.

...

This, after word was released that the National Enquirer has obtained a clip of Hogan going on a heavily racist rant, which they plan to make public very soon.

A post at thecoli.com states, “When the National Enquirer releases audio of the Hulkster dropping the N-word so liberally that insiders are saying 'there’s no coming back from this.'”

...
post #76353 of 85676
For better or worse, I still have the communication style of a rural upper Midwesterner. If I am angry at you, I will communicate that to you pretty close to 0% of the time. And if you express anger at me, I will just absorb it until I don't want to absorb any more, at which point I stop communicating with you at all. I simply wait for you to start communicating with me again in a way that is not angry.

Also, I do not engage in conversations where the subject matter is feelings.
post #76354 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

I mean...you should get the toilet kind. It will work fine.

for reference, toilet kind:


sink/drain kind:


the sink plunger will still work on most toilet problems...but considering you shitty habits, why not get the right tool for the job?

The toilet kind won't form a deal with my toilet. I'll have to provide a pic when I get home.

I was hoping you'd respond. I figured you'd know about this stuff, no /s.
post #76355 of 85676
The thing about this kind of thing that pisses me off is, how do we know who else is a racist, gay bashing, religious fanatic that’s just playing the media game, saying the right things and appearing to do the right things but behind it all is a completely different person. I would have more respect for people who hold views like that but are open and honest about them even if I disagree vehemently with them.
post #76356 of 85676
I have lots of homophobic views and suchlike but I don't say them if I suspect there might be a microphone or camera nearby. I don't want to risk my status as a Styleforum superstar.
post #76357 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post

The thing about this kind of thing that pisses me off is, how do we know who else is a racist, gay bashing, religious fanatic that’s just playing the media game, saying the right things and appearing to do the right things but behind it all is a completely different person. I would have more respect for people who hold views like that but are open and honest about them even if I disagree vehemently with them.

cant say anything to anyone without being deemed a ist or it be a form of ism of some form. Sure its bad to be one but its even worse to hold the knowledge that someone is for ransom. Free speech is free speech.
post #76358 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

So, it turns out the Hulkster is a big giant racist.

I didn't realize my childhood would be shat upon today, but there you go.

frown.gif
Serves you right, Satan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post

The thing about this kind of thing that pisses me off is, how do we know who else is a racist, gay bashing, religious fanatic that’s just playing the media game, saying the right things and appearing to do the right things but behind it all is a completely different person. I would have more respect for people who hold views like that but are open and honest about them even if I disagree vehemently with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

cant say anything to anyone without being deemed a ist or it be a form of ism of some form. Sure its bad to be one but its even worse to hold the knowledge that someone is for ransom. Free speech is free speech.

Um, no. This is utter bullshit.

"Free speech" is not a justification or defense to being an odious dick, and the "free" in "free speech" does not mean "free from any consequences". And why should it piss you off that you don't know the identify of every ignorant, odious dick in the world? Does it piss you off when shoplifters get busted or shitty employees get fired just because there are undoubtedly lots of petty thieves and shitty employees who continue to skate by?

People say shit all the time -- even controversial shit -- without it being deemed "ist" or "ism". Are people sometimes incorrectly accused of being racist, sexist, whatever? Of course. People are also regularly accused incorrectly of being stupid, dishonest, lazy, pregnant, insensitive, rude, arrogant, bad drivers, what have you. When it comes to light that somebody like HH regularly says really hateful, ignorant things, the fact that his commercial partners make the business decision that they no longer want to publicly associated with him hardly makes him a paragon of free speech and brave honesty. He's not fucking Galileo or Thomas More being martyred for fearlessly championing the truth. If he was regularly dropping n-bombs, I'm pretty sure it was out of arrogance and ignorance, not some principled effort to expose nuanced issues around how society treats and speaks about race.

Want to get "kind of pissed off"? Get kind of pissed off about people -- white, black, straight, gay, whatever -- who think it's cool to demean others on such a basis, rather than about the fact that a fatuous ass got some blowback for it.
post #76359 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

The toilet kind won't form a deal with my toilet. I'll have to provide a pic when I get home.

I was hoping you'd respond. I figured you'd know about this stuff, no /s.

well how about getting a big sink plunger then? Instead of trying to seal in the hole, just seal around it.
post #76360 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

well how about getting a big sink plunger then? Instead of trying to seal in the hole, just seal around it.

That won't work either. It's hard to explain verbally. I'll poast a pic when I get home. Maaaaybe the toilet plunger you posted might work.
post #76361 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Serves you right, Satan.

Sorry, pal, you need at least two master's degrees to talk to me like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Um, no. This is utter bullshit.

"Free speech" is not a justification or defense to being an odious dick, and the "free" in "free speech" does not mean "free from any consequences". And why should it piss you off that you don't know the identify of every ignorant, odious dick in the world? Does it piss you off when shoplifters get busted or shitty employees get fired just because there are undoubtedly lots of petty thieves and shitty employees who continue to skate by?

People say shit all the time -- even controversial shit -- without it being deemed "ist" or "ism". Are people sometimes incorrectly accused of being racist, sexist, whatever? Of course. People are also regularly accused incorrectly of being stupid, dishonest, lazy, pregnant, insensitive, rude, arrogant, bad drivers, what have you. When it comes to light that somebody like HH regularly says really hateful, ignorant things, the fact that his commercial partners make the business decision that they no longer want to publicly associated with him hardly makes him a paragon of free speech and brave honesty. He's not fucking Galileo or Thomas More being martyred for fearlessly championing the truth. If he was regularly dropping n-bombs, I'm pretty sure it was out of arrogance and ignorance, not some principled effort to expose nuanced issues around how society treats and speaks about race.

Want to get "kind of pissed off"? Get kind of pissed off about people -- white, black, straight, gay, whatever -- who think it's cool to demean others on such a basis, rather than about the fact that a fatuous ass got some blowback for it.

+1
post #76362 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Sorry, pal, you need at least two master's degrees to talk to me like that!

Excuse me MrG but you are violating LD's free speech rights with this remark. I don't know about you but I love America and will always stand up for its principles.
post #76363 of 85676
LD,

I admittedly don't know the HH situation and I guess I was alluding to the fact that with social media in this day and age you have to be extra careful with what you do and say. Things can be taken out of context and used against you and there is nothing that person can do. Once it's puplic the person is deemed a pariah. I think the act of deeming someone a pariah is just as bad if not worse than actually saying something.

I'm not talking about people being ignorant and bigoted day in and day out. But people should be given a chance to defend themselves for their actions before being put on blast to the general public to interpret without having facts or the whole truth. I know that's a tough ask and would never be possible in this day and age.
post #76364 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

That won't work either. It's hard to explain verbally. I'll poast a pic when I get home. Maaaaybe the toilet plunger you posted might work.
Yikes !!! I can't listen to this anymore. Either one will work you just have to be able to walk and chew gum at the same time . Make sure there is water in the bowl, push down and pull-up fast and hard . Let the water displacement do the work. It'll take a couple tries to get the knack . If you can't get it you will need to go to the hardware store and get a bowl snake. If you can't operate that you're going to have to break down and call a plumber but none of this stuff is rocket science. With the wear and tear you put on the crapper it would behoove you to own a wide variety of tools
post #76365 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

LD,

I admittedly don't know the HH situation and I guess I was alluding to the fact that with social media in this day and age you have to be extra careful with what you do and say. Things can be taken out of context and used against you and there is nothing that person can do. Once it's puplic the person is deemed a pariah. I think the act of deeming someone a pariah is just as bad if not worse than actually saying something.

I'm not talking about people being ignorant and bigoted day in and day out. But people should be given a chance to defend themselves for their actions before being put on blast to the general public to interpret without having facts or the whole truth. I know that's a tough ask and would never be possible in this day and age.

Your general point is a fair one. And given that some of my professional work has allowed me to pretend I know a tiny bit more about free speech than some people, I get disproportionately indignant when people throw it around in what I feel are incorrect contexts. Claims of racisms (or other ism) are thrown around way too freely, in part because of social media. Sometimes out of reactive ignorance, sometimes out of cynical manipulation. But real racism (or whateverism) is way too prevalent as well. I have little patience or sympathy for folks who engage in either.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!