or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 5020

post #75286 of 85676
I have to agree with J2 and G. Either take it with the thought going in you're there for a few years, unless you leave for grad school, or don't take it. You can still go on that month of travel then come back and start looking again.
post #75287 of 85676
Thanks for your thoughtful responses. I'll be giving this some real deep thought tonight and tomorrow..
post #75288 of 85676
Good luck with it, mang.
post #75289 of 85676
I'll put in my two cents. I was unhappy in a job at a large public company because there was no growth opportunity. I left for an even larger company (although private) for a job similar to yours.

I was excited because it was the job title I wanted, but I was slightly lukewarm about the job - it wasn't exactly what I wanted. I was so desperate to get out of my job that I went ahead. Since changing jobs, I'm no more happy. While my job is better and is the career change I needed long-term, there are a lot of things that make it worse.

I deal with waterfall and agile, and it doesn't matter - still deal with the same shit - so it shouldn't affect your job choice.

I'll just say, if you're going to move and take a job you're just not feeling, I'd really reconsider why. Especially if it is somewhere you don't want to move. If I knew what I know now, I may have reconsidered making the change because I had a couple things in the hopper, but they were at least a couple months out, and I thought bird in the hand....
post #75290 of 85676
Gf it wasn't in this thread maybe the MBA thread did you apply anywhere for this fall or were you thinking class of 18?
post #75291 of 85676
The other night I poked my right hear too hard with a cotton swab to where I felt much pain. The next day when I went in there again I saw some dried blood. This morning there is a small ache in there and I am worried about it. I can hear fine, but I am hoping it heals normally. My body is generally pretty good at repairing itself.
post #75292 of 85676
our analyst, who sits next to me, must sneeze/hack 300 times a day and yawn 350 times a day. I'd love 5 or so minutes of only hearing the gentle tap of the keyboard.
post #75293 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

The other night I poked my right hear too hard with a cotton swab to where I felt much pain. The next day when I went in there again I saw some dried blood. This morning there is a small ache in there and I am worried about it. I can hear fine, but I am hoping it heals normally. My body is generally pretty good at repairing itself.


I've had fluid in my ear for over a year. I have some sore or a cut that won't heal. I either have dried blood or some form of discharge all the time. If I were you I'd leave it alone to heal for 5 days. If you can avoid touching it you should be fine. If not you'll end up like me and having an issue for a year.


You will also be more suceptuble to ear infections. I've had 2 since and they suck. Thank god I never had them as a kid.

If it doesn't heal in a week ask your doctor for some drops. This helps if you're consistent with putting them in 2 times a day but I've found it works much better if someone else puts them in for you.
post #75294 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

our analyst, who sits next to me, must sneeze/hack 300 times a day and yawn 350 times a day. I'd love 5 or so minutes of only hearing the gentle tap of the keyboard.

The Chinese guy in the next office hacks constantly. I think he brought some Beijing air over with him.
post #75295 of 85676
@L'Inc @MrG, thx guize. Haven't left SF, just posting in other areas.
post #75296 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniscientCause View Post

I've had fluid in my ear for over a year. I have some sore or a cut that won't heal. I either have dried blood or some form of discharge all the time. If I were you I'd leave it alone to heal for 5 days. If you can avoid touching it you should be fine. If not you'll end up like me and having an issue for a year.


You will also be more suceptuble to ear infections. I've had 2 since and they suck. Thank god I never had them as a kid.

If it doesn't heal in a week ask your doctor for some drops. This helps if you're consistent with putting them in 2 times a day but I've found it works much better if someone else puts them in for you.

Im considering going to a clinic at lunch to have it looked at.
post #75297 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

The other night I poked my right hear too hard with a cotton swab to where I felt much pain. The next day when I went in there again I saw some dried blood. This morning there is a small ache in there and I am worried about it. I can hear fine, but I am hoping it heals normally. My body is generally pretty good at repairing itself.

Don't stick things in your ears!
post #75298 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Don't stick things in your arse!

ftfy
post #75299 of 85676
I could never work for a large corporation. I don't respect authority and don't play well with others. I have always been a terrible employee.
post #75300 of 85676
Good thing your boss is usually to drunk to care.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!