Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 4987

post #74791 of 86990
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

hanging out with people on a computer is for dorks.

Oh well. My best friends, who have been best friends since elementary school now live halfway around the country, so we get together online and play video games or board games regularly. Would spending time together in person be better, yes, but it is still better than nothing.
post #74792 of 86990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Except in civilized places.

Jesus fucking Christ, am I the only one who knows any show tunes?
post #74793 of 86990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Except in civilized places.

Jesus fucking Christ, am I the only one who knows any show tunes?

I would hope so.
post #74794 of 86990
I just got home took me a whole hour of drive on account of constructions and detours and whatnot. Least there was no show tunes in my car.
post #74795 of 86990
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Oh well. My best friends, who have been best friends since elementary school now live halfway around the country, so we get together online and play video games or board games regularly. Would spending time together in person be better, yes, but it is still better than nothing.

My comment was tongue in cheek. I mean, I guess I think it's true, also.

For a while I played a lot of Halo multiplayer. That was a good time.
post #74796 of 86990
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

I think my avatar burns impressions into peoples' brains that overwhelm my prose.


Actually its your prose that does it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

pB: "be right back, got to take an epic dump"

A_Y: "you don't know what you mean by that."

pB: "see that kitchen scale over there? grab it, and come with me..."

Had to do a double-take when I saw that this was not a Linkseadoesit post.
post #74797 of 86990
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

pB: "be right back, got to take an epic dump"

A_Y: "you don't know what you mean by that."

pB: "see that kitchen scale over there? grab it, and come with me..."

Had to do a double-take when I saw that this was not a Linkseadoesit post.

yeah, it was an imaginary situation, so makes sense.
post #74798 of 86990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

The whole concept really annoys me and I've never quite been sure why it does. Maybe just because all the people who have ever mentioned having one are really irritating people.

The people that do it also seem to get some borderline inappropriately close relationships with their "work spouse." Seems unhealthy for your marriage to get emotionally intimate with someone of the other gender who you're spending many hours a week with, but that's just my take on it. Shit, just calling them your "work spouse" indicates a weird level of intimacy (shifting colloquial language notwithstanding).
I don't understand how it's any different than having a female friend at work who happens to be attractive.
post #74799 of 86990
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


I don't understand how it's any different than having a female friend at work who happens to be attractive.

 

Most men who develop relations with attractive women want to have sex with those women and therein lies the problem. 

post #74800 of 86990
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I know the phenomenon people are referencing with the "work wife" thing, and there is at least one "couple" I can think of that would fit it, but it's not a thing for me.

Also, maybe I'm just outmoded here, but the word "wife" has value to me that goes beyond "female half of the relationship."
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

The whole concept really annoys me and I've never quite been sure why it does. Maybe just because all the people who have ever mentioned having one are really irritating people.

The people that do it also seem to get some borderline inappropriately close relationships with their "work spouse." Seems unhealthy for your marriage to get emotionally intimate with someone of the other gender who you're spending many hours a week with, but that's just my take on it. Shit, just calling them your "work spouse" indicates a weird level of intimacy (shifting colloquial language notwithstanding).
I'm making a jerk-off motion with my hand in both of your general directions.
post #74801 of 86990
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I don't understand how it's any different than having a female friend at work who happens to be attractive.

Words have meaning, yo. It's cool to have friends at work, but upgrading them to "wife" is weird.

Besides, "work wives" are often not any more attractive than other coworkers.
post #74802 of 86990
You just have no sense of humor.
post #74803 of 86990
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


I'm making a jerk-off motion with my hand in both of your general directions.

I'm rolling my eyes at your incessant need to prove what an edgy millennial nihilist you are.
post #74804 of 86990
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


I'm making a jerk-off motion with my hand in both of your general directions.

I'm rolling my eyes at your incessant need to prove what an edgy millennial nihilist you are.

he's a MIAO - Millennial in Age Only
post #74805 of 86990
Ok so this wedding I'm finding out is dress code casual. Can I still wear a suit, or is that a huge faux-pas?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!