or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 4919

post #73771 of 86349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

We are far from Fortune 500 but if one of my managers went around the HR onboarding process I would have their head on a platter. There is a whole background check, license verification, fingerprint, etc. process before an offer is made. Following proper HR P&P keeps the law suits away.

Yep, it is grounds for getting fired.
post #73772 of 86349
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

No, I don't work in HR.
99% isn't an "extrapolation". It's a an attempt to sidestep being called out on having made a categorical statement that is obviously false. Also, only a moron or a child "extrapolates" from limited personal experience to categorical, universal generalities.
You're a big fan of pendantry and precision when it comes to everyone else's statements. Perhaps you should focus more on your own.
And if some companies do it well, then it's clearly not true, as you suggested, that applying online is a useless exercise.

Oh I see. So you thought I trying to pass of that I had measured them as 99% terrible and lazy. That it was a precise level for what percentage of HR departments were good.

Yeah you really nailed on that. Burn!
post #73773 of 86349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

We are far from Fortune 500 but if one of my managers went around the HR onboarding process I would have their head on a platter. There is a whole background check, license verification, fingerprint, etc. process before an offer is made. Following proper HR P&P keeps the law suits away.

To clarify, I was refering to the process of identifying candidates. Obviously people we wanted to hire had to get through all the procedural vettings.

As far as I'm concerned the match-making function is 99.1275% (scientifically verified guranteed number) of what matters for hiring.
post #73774 of 86349
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

To clarify, I was refering to the process of identifying candidates. Obviously people we wanted to hire had to get through all the procedural vettings.

As far as I'm concerned the match-making function is 99.1275% (scientifically verified guranteed number) of what matters for hiring.

Don't attempt irony without further training. You're just fucking it up.
post #73775 of 86349
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

Don't attempt irony without further training. You're just fucking it up.

You think that's an attempt at irony?

That's like the second derivative of not knowing what irony is. Kind of confusing trying to think of how to make fun of you for it when there was no irony or intended irony to begin with.

Try "facetious."
post #73776 of 86349
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

You think that's an attempt at irony?

That's like the second derivative of not knowing what irony is. Kind of confusing trying to think of how to make fun of you for it when there was no irony or intended irony to begin with.

Try "facetious."

No, it's not. I quoted the wrong post. I was referring to this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

Oh I see. So you thought I trying to pass of that I had measured them as 99% terrible and lazy.
post #73777 of 86349
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Two questions:

1. Which of your cars will you let me drive?

And

2. Given that you'll let me drive all your cars, can I take phone calls on my Apple Watch in them?

--

Kinda weird being home, jobless, ant not WFH while still employed. I'm going to get myself some Indian lunch buffet and apply for jobs at a coffee shop afterwards.

F..funemployment?
I'll bring the cars if you'll bring the bitches
post #73778 of 86349
On the phone with one of my good friends from law school, with whom I hadn't spoken in about six months. In the meantime he's been diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphona and has been going through multiple rounds of chemo. His voice on the phone is so weak it sounds like we're using in cans and string.
post #73779 of 86349
That sucks, LD. Hope he recovers.
post #73780 of 86349
Sorry to hear, LD.
post #73781 of 86349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post


I actually don't get the "Foo thing" either. There are a lot of holes in my knowledge of SF lore. shog[1].gif

It was in relation to a post made about people not needing to change measurements on their jackets, which the first person did to death.

So the joke was that his measurements must have been like Foo's head to the rest of the body.
post #73782 of 86349

I have a client whose writing is just terrible. It's borderline incomprehensible. So she sends me some things and I take the liberty of editing the copy and sending it back for her approval. She writes to me saying, "we would like to leave the copy as is. We wrote the questions to have a tone of reflection and encourage action." I was told that I am not allowed to respond with "well, lady, that may be the case but you failed miserably." Note that even her response is poorly written. 

 

Alas. 

post #73783 of 86349
Should be "We wrote the questions to where they would have a tone of reflection to them and encourage acts."
post #73784 of 86349

We han written the questions what to get people to thinking and get off their butts and do acts.

post #73785 of 86349
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

I have a client whose writing is just terrible. It's borderline incomprehensible. So she sends me some things and I take the liberty of editing the copy and sending it back for her approval. She writes to me saying, "we would like to leave the copy as is. We wrote the questions to have a tone of reflection and encourage action." I was told that I am not allowed to respond with "well, lady, that may be the case but you failed miserably." Note that even her response is poorly written. 

Alas. 

Seems like your reaction proves their way gets the intended reaction, or at least the reaction they claim to want.
smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!