or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 4876

post #73126 of 85798
Because every day is Thanksgiving there?
post #73127 of 85798

It's because it's what they could afford in the beginning. 

post #73128 of 85798
Fucking shit, still getting crap from a Judge because I "forced" him and a jury to watch an hour of child porn two/three weeks ago. Get over it, buddy.
post #73129 of 85798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Fucking shit, still getting crap from a Judge because I "forced" him and a jury to watch an hour of child porn two/three weeks ago. Get over it, buddy.

Why would you force a judge and jury to watch child porn? Did you close with "now that you've watched it, if you convict him, you're all guilty too"?
post #73130 of 85798
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Why would you force a judge and jury to watch child porn? Did you close with "now that you've watched it, if you convict him, you're all guilty too"?

To desensitize them.
post #73131 of 85798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Fucking shit, still getting crap from a Judge because I "forced" him and a jury to watch an hour of child porn two/three weeks ago. Get over it, buddy.

I like how you included an amount of time. It's the kind of thing you'd expect a 5-10 minute serving would give you the idea and then some guy coughs and says "ok, ok we've seen enough". But hey a whole hour, I guess they got their money's worth.
post #73132 of 85798
you should have ended with a 10 minute "moment of silence" as a way of paying respect to the victims
post #73133 of 85798
I'm at an airport Ruby Tuesdays. Please slit my throat
post #73134 of 85798
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencycle View Post

Why would you force a judge and jury to watch child porn? Did you close with "now that you've watched it, if you convict him, you're all guilty too"?

Well we offered to stipulate the stuff was CP, but prosecution still wanted to show a sample. There's a good case out there US v. Cunningham that they're not supposed to do that without the Judge reviewing it so to preserve the appellate issue it all had to be shown.

In fairness, during jury selection I made it very clear they'd be seeing it and gave everybody an out. "these images will haunt you until the day you die. While you are laying on your deathbed with your family around you, you will regret having seen these images."
post #73135 of 85798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Well we offered to stipulate the stuff was CP, but prosecution still wanted to show a sample. There's a good case out there US v. Cunningham that they're not supposed to do that without the Judge reviewing it so to preserve the appellate issue it all had to be shown.

In fairness, during jury selection I made it very clear they'd be seeing it and gave everybody an out. "these images will haunt you until the day you die. While you are laying on your deathbed with your family around you, you will regret having seen these images."

Isn't that the painkiller addict nurse case?
How exactly does that apply? Was this the guys old stash of CP being used as evidence that he's got a new stash?
post #73136 of 85798
No, it was a similar cp case. I imagine there's more than one Cunningham out there. Sorry, don't have the cite offhand as there's a martini in my right.

Edit - oh who am I kidding, I only need one arm to be this badass.

http://www2.ca3.uscourts.gov/opinarch/104021p.pdf
post #73137 of 85798
Well, I guess that's why I'm not a lawyer.

Seemed strange that it was one one of the few cases I would recognize by name...
post #73138 of 85798
You are mad smartz, OTC, nothing meant by it.
post #73139 of 85798
otc is indeed very smart. If I were to start a company, I'd hire him. Not sure for which position, but I know he could be valuable.

No sarcasm.
post #73140 of 85798
I would hire him to curate my Japanese knife collection, if I had one
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!