or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 4834

post #72496 of 85729
Dream Theater is the Michael Bay with a script by Danielle Steel of music.



I met their drummer once at a Guitar Center exhibit thing (my brother plays the drums), he was a nice guy.
post #72497 of 85729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


Seen Bob in 3k seat venues back in the day. My older brother saw him in high school gyms. Bob was a very hard working musician in the area I grew up in but he's not even close to being in the same league as Rush. Listen to folks from Dream Theatre to Billy Corgan to Trent Resner talk about Rush and you'll know.

 

:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

post #72498 of 85729
I was hoping to see Seger when he came through Atlanta recently, but ticket prices were obscene. I'm a fan, but I'm not that big a fan.

I think part of the problem is that I'm accustomed to seeing smaller bands in smaller venues, which skews down what I perceive to be reasonable for concert tickets, but there aren't many bands I'd pay to see at what Seger was asking.
post #72499 of 85729
I did overapply my Black Orchid today. shog[1].gif

(It is easy to do because of its "monster sillage.")
post #72500 of 85729
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post


I met their drummer once at a Guitar Center exhibit thing (my brother plays the drums), he was a nice guy.

Generally seen as one of the tripartite gods of current rock drummers with the other two being Danny Carey of Tool, and of course the supreme leader, Neil Peart.
post #72501 of 85729
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I was hoping to see Seger when he came through Atlanta recently, but ticket prices were obscene. I'm a fan, but I'm not that big a fan.

I think part of the problem is that I'm accustomed to seeing smaller bands in smaller venues, which skews down what I perceive to be reasonable for concert tickets, but there aren't many bands I'd pay to see at what Seger was asking.
I was momentarily confused and thought, why would so many Atlantans pay to see the guy from Full House??!
post #72502 of 85729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post


I met their drummer once at a Guitar Center exhibit thing (my brother plays the drums), he was a nice guy.

Generally seen as one of the tripartite gods of current rock drummers with the other two being Danny Carey of Tool, and of course the supreme leader, Neil Peart.

the "big kit" crew. None can seem to hold a candle to Virgil Donati when it comes to skill, but all benefit from the fact that they can integrate drums into music (which Virgil seems to struggle with).



but seriously, Dream Theater is soulless dead music.
post #72503 of 85729
Yeah, cannot get into DT. I'm actually far more likely to listen to Tool out of the three bands.
post #72504 of 85729
Forecasting 8-12" of snow tonight, which means most of my coworkers (and our 2 consultants) working on a project that goes out Friday will most likely be out on Thursday. I live less than a mile from the office, so I'll be able to walk in regardless, but losing 24 man hours at the final push will make this delivery difficult.
post #72505 of 85729
I kinda miss being part of editorial frown.gif
post #72506 of 85729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Yeah, cannot get into DT. I'm actually far more likely to listen to Tool out of the three bands.

Tool? Jesus Christmas Piob, I thought we were on the same wavelength here.
post #72507 of 85729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Yeah, cannot get into DT. I'm actually far more likely to listen to Tool out of the three bands.

Tool? Jesus Christmas Piob, I thought we were on the same wavelength here.

lets explore this wavelength and see how it connects to our universe in a pseudo-mathematical way. The Tool way.
post #72508 of 85729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Seen Bob in 3k seat venues back in the day. My older brother saw him in high school gyms. Bob was a very hard working musician in the area I grew up in but he's not even close to being in the same league as Rush. Listen to folks from Dream Theatre to Billy Corgan to Trent Resner talk about Rush and you'll know.

You can take the boy out of Windsor...
post #72509 of 85729
ITT: tools talking about Tool
post #72510 of 85729

I THINK IT SHOULD BE     "THINGS THAT GET YOU PEEVED"

 

 

 

Might I begin by saying that I thought there was more of an aire of gallantry, and polish that would exude in the

vernacular used by my fellow brethren in as far as commentary goes on this website.

 

Even a first class Brooklyn degenerate gutter rat such as myself is able to rise above some of the inane dreck below.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!