or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 4817

post #72241 of 85730
i'm cool working for a fortune 500 (actually 100). it's not going to give me the opportunity to save the earth, but it finances the things i love to do, and all things considered i get a pretty good wage for what i do and the amount of my time it takes me to do it.
post #72242 of 85730
Some of y'alls work in Fortune 500 or Fortune 100 or Botany 500 or whatever, but I work for the one true fortune that's right I am talking about the Kingdom of Heaven (religious vocation of church).
post #72243 of 85730
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Some of y'alls work in Fortune 500 or Fortune 100 or Botany 500 or whatever, but I work for the one true fortune that's right I am talking about the Kingdom of Heaven (religious vocation of church).
post #72244 of 85730
This both pisses me off and amuses me: It's currently colder here than NYC and only forecast to get to about 25* today. I'm wearing a suit for work for the first time in nearly a year, will be outside a fair bit today running around, and I don't own an overcoat.
post #72245 of 85730
Quote:
Originally Posted by archetypal_yuppie View Post

Too bad there are no offsetting benefits related to working at large companies. There aren't any, right?

There aren't, you're correct.
post #72246 of 85730
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

This both pisses me off and amuses me: It's currently colder here than NYC and only forecast to get to about 25* today. I'm wearing a suit for work for the first time in nearly a year, will be outside a fair bit today running around, and I don't own an overcoat.

It might be colder than in NYC, but it feels much worse here than in the south.
post #72247 of 85730
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

pb works for a fortune 500 = major process inefficiencies = works longer hours than necessary

I had a conversation with my boss's boss about how we have too many people working in the department and how there are a lot of "waste's of life" here. I'd gladly give him a list of people to terminate.

Also my company is a fortune 500 company in terms of revenue for sure, but net income, probably not. I haven't kept track of such things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

How does a company offset the theft of your life?

:\

How does your 4 hour commute everyday offset the theft of your life? I honestly don't mind long hours as long as they are productive and valuable.
post #72248 of 85730
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

How does your 4 hour commute everyday offset the theft of your life? I honestly don't mind long hours as long as they are productive and valuable.

 

It doesn't. I hate it and I hate my job. 

post #72249 of 85730
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

This both pisses me off and amuses me: It's currently colder here than NYC and only forecast to get to about 25* today. I'm wearing a suit for work for the first time in nearly a year, will be outside a fair bit today running around, and I don't own an overcoat.

I wore two coats today (serious). But that's mainly because my car has no heater and that is a brutal situation to be in, even if only for about 20 minutes.
post #72250 of 85730
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

It might be colder than in NYC, but it feels much worse here than in the south.

I don't doubt for a second that NYC feels worse than the South.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

I wore two coats today (serious). But that's mainly because my car has no heater and that is a brutal situation to be in, even if only for about 20 minutes.

I wore my peacoat into the office and carried my suit coat. I figure I'll just bring both everywhere and throw on my suit coat when I need it.

Yeah, all joking aside, no heat would suck.
post #72251 of 85730
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Yeah, all joking aside, no heat would suck.

It does. Thankfully I have a short commute and its only in the AM that it is noticeable but still... after a few minutes even with gloves your hands just go numb. Also my feet are still cold. Ugh.

What's funny about this car (well, not funny) is that I bought it in March of last year and already have to replace it. Turns out I didn't know how shitty it was and there's lots of little thing like the heater...the blower motor is dead but I can't replace it because the glove compartment can't drop because it is broken so I'd need to replace the whole GC to get to the blower motor...

I've also never had a comfortable car. My last one was so old and the AC didn't work (which is fine for me, I never used the AC) and this one I get nothing. Maybe next time...
post #72252 of 85730
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanm View Post

It doesn't. I hate it and I hate my job. 

I have the suspicion that you'd hate any job.
post #72253 of 85730
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post


I have the suspicion that you'd hate any job.


I had a pretty good time when I was blowing stuff up...

post #72254 of 85730
IB4HRoiSaysIKnewYouWoudLikeBlowingStuff
post #72255 of 85730
For 20 years or so I've had to put up with my union family telling me how they would never work a salaried job, I am "stupid" for working more than 40 hours in a given week as that means I'm getting ripped off and taken advantage of, how they can't believe I don't get OT, etc. I'm at the point where it sort of puzzles me how people that barely finished high school, live in shacky old houses, and drive average Big 3 cars for a decade before getting a new one can lay these claims to me. Then again they told me I was stupid for going to university, as that would turn out to be a waste of money, because a guy working the line three stations down got his two year college degree in biology and couldn't find a job.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!