or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 4801

post #72001 of 86319
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

I switched insurance companies last year, and already went through this with the DMV when it came time for registration back in October.

Fucking Flo from Progressive, always failing to do her job.
post #72002 of 86319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold falcon View Post

You do. Cops are fucking pig-fucks, and this is evidence why. Just taking your plates like that was utter horseshit. At best they should have issued you a summons that you would receive through the mail. Taking your plate prior to a conviction is horseshit.

Well, there's a line on the "'acknowledgement' of seized/surrendered driver's license/vehicle registration" form (second set of quotes around the word "acknowledgement" added by me) for my signature, but they just wrote "left under wiper blade". Which is to say they ignored their own form's requirement for my signature. Because why let that get in the way of what, effectively, seems to me to be them stealing my plates.
post #72003 of 86319
Also, IANAL, but my initial review of PA Vehicle Code Section 1376(a) seems to indicate that there was no legal basis for immediate seizure of the plates.
post #72004 of 86319
Because when your girlfriend is away on a ski trip, there's really no better way to spend your Valentine's Day evening than reviewing the PA Vehicle Code
post #72005 of 86319
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

Also, IANAL, but my initial review of PA Vehicle Code Section 1376(a) seems to indicate that there was no legal basis for immediate seizure of the plates.

I've never lived in PA, but yeah I can't imagine there is. Ironically, cops know very little when it comes to the actual law. Unbelievable.
post #72006 of 86319
I'm trying to decide if it's worth filing some sort of a complaint (and how I'd even go about doing that)
post #72007 of 86319
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

I hear da five-o got dem automatical plate scanners n shit these days, ya feel me? Gotsa be on the lookout for dem cocksuckers.


It's a really clever system and they can put a marker on your car as well, so they can see if you have priors for drugs etc.
post #72008 of 86319
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

If anyone I know IRL speaks ill of Flo from Progressive, I cut them out of my life straightaway. They are allowed back in only if they apologize and say good words about Flo from Progressive.

She's gained a bit of weight through the years. I'd still let her kiss me though.
post #72009 of 86319
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcg View Post

I'm trying to decide if it's worth filing some sort of a complaint (and how I'd even go about doing that)

Do not. If these assholes think it's okay to just steal your plate like that imagine the "lesson" they might feel entitled to give you for filing a complaint. They've got the power, they've got the guns, they sound like bullying assholes. Bad combination to mess with.
post #72010 of 86319
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

If anyone I know IRL speaks ill of Flo from Progressive, I cut them out of my life straightaway. They are allowed back in only if they apologize and say good words about Flo from Progressive.
Would hit

post #72011 of 86319
I ws up crazy early this morning due to jet-lag and I went to the coffee shop upon its opening. All of these douchebags who are seriously up early on aa Sunday to sit and have breakfast and drink coffee really piss me off. Wtf is wrong with these dickheads? It's like 0 degrees out too.
post #72012 of 86319
Are you still at the coffee shop?
post #72013 of 86319
Yes.
post #72014 of 86319
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I ws up crazy early this morning due to jet-lag and I went to the coffee shop upon its opening. All of these douchebags who are seriously up early on aa Sunday to sit and have breakfast and drink coffee really piss me off. Wtf is wrong with these dickheads? It's like 0 degrees out too.
Nice use of irony
post #72015 of 86319

Eating breakfast out is probably a top 5 life's little pleasures. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!