or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 4762

post #71416 of 85767
if you're not feverish it might be traveler's diarrhea. i had illness and stomach issues when i was travelling. my guess is that your stomach isn't used to the new strains of pathogens in the area. your girl has been there long enough that it doesnt affect her. would be my guess. no idea how true it is
post #71417 of 85767
the interview is one of the worst movies of all time. shitty dialogue, nonsensical plot, unlikeable cliched characters aside

i really hate it when hollywood producers hire ethnic actors who cant speak the language worth shit and have worse accents than a non native actor. how hard can it be to hire some local korean or chinese actors that can act as shittily as the non native ones they hire.

utter trash all around
post #71418 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

if you're not feverish it might be traveler's diarrhea. i had illness and stomach issues when i was travelling. my guess is that your stomach isn't used to the new strains of pathogens in the area. your girl has been there long enough that it doesnt affect her. would be my guess. no idea how true it is

This.
post #71419 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I got really sick last night. I don't think it was food poisoning as I ate the same stuff as my girlfriend. Perhaps it has something to do with still being jet lagged and then eating gobs of shit I normally don't eat. Or some weird bacteria that exists on the food out here that my stomach isn't used to yet. Or it could be the 37 cups of coffee I drank.

Imodium
post #71420 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post

if you're not feverish it might be traveler's diarrhea. i had illness and stomach issues when i was travelling. my guess is that your stomach isn't used to the new strains of pathogens in the area. your girl has been there long enough that it doesnt affect her. would be my guess. no idea how true it is
it didn't happen to me the last time I was here. Then again I ate mostly at middle class restaurants, whereas I've been eating a lot of street food since I got here, so maybe. All day today I've felt like I have an alien in my stomach.
post #71421 of 85767
It doesn't matter if it didn't happen last time. Your system is not used to the water/food/spices/etc over there. Really very simple.
post #71422 of 85767
How is it simple if I've been here before and didn't get sick? I wasn't used to it last time either.
post #71423 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

How is it simple if I've been here before and didn't get sick? I wasn't used to it last time either.

It really doesn't matter how many times you have been there.
Your GF lives there. She eats that stuff daily. She is used to the water/spices/etc.

Just because you didn't get sick before doesn't mean that you can't/won't get sick during each of your followup visits. Your body takes time to adjust to food/etc from far "3rd World countries." You could visit every 6 months and never get sick. You could also visit every 3 months and get sick every time.

This is very simple. I can't even comprehend that you are saying that you can't understand because you didn't get sick last time.
post #71424 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by ter1413 View Post


I can't even comprehend that you are saying that you can't understand because you didn't get sick last time.
of course you don't. It seems nonsensical to me to only have pathogens affect you sometimes. It's not like they are any different this time around than they were last time. How is that logic hard for you?
post #71425 of 85767
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

of course you don't. It seems nonsensical to me to only have pathogens affect you sometimes. It's not like they are any different this time around than they were last time. How is that logic hard for you?

You really just posted that? You are one of those dudes that think that they are smarter than they actually are.
post #71426 of 85767
You're a weird guy, ter.
post #71427 of 85767
What I am saying is that during this trip(compared to your last), did you:
-eat from the exact same places.
-with the exact same water sources
-served by the exact same people
-using the exact same spices/fish sauce/etc.
-using the same utensils
-etc.

if you didn't, how can you claim that the pathogens are not different this time vs last time? The water source can have an affect on the pathogens that you ingested. The food stall. How clean the servers hands are. How clean the cooks hands are. Etc.

The fact that you didn't get sick during your previous trip has no bearing.
post #71428 of 85767
My building is installing new windows and they're getting to our office today and tomorrow. My vacation starts on Thursday ffffuuuu.gif
post #71429 of 85767

Fuck you, Mr. Hershey.

 

lefty

post #71430 of 85767
I don't get the reaction. Like, with all the good chocolate in the US people are upset about not being able to get a few candy bars?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!