or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW! - Page 4746

post #71176 of 85676
I've met people who are huge fans of Björk, but in hindsight I think talking about Björk was more important to them than liking Björk
post #71177 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Speaking of sauces, what's the best store-bought tomato / marinara sauce for pasta? I intensely dislike sweeter flavor profiles. Garlic is good.

edit: I hope no one say's rao's. I found it supremely disappointing.

have you ever had the pasta dish at Scarpetta?
post #71178 of 85676
I really try to like her, but I just can't get into her songs. I mean, I get it, I like listening to them a few times and reading the lyrics because she has some cool things to say, but there's nothing that totally grabs me and keeps me there. Sure, there is a lot of texture in her music, but I don't like the vocal styling. There seems to be very little melody in her songs, and the vocals are more of just another texture, which I get bored with easily. My girlfriend is obsessed with her so I try my best to give it a good shot. I can't say I hate it, but like I said it just doesn't hold my attention too long.
post #71179 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

have you ever had the pasta dish at Scarpetta?

nope, never been. Is it good? I see they sell sauces online / in stores.
post #71180 of 85676
Iceland music = SIgur Ros for me.
post #71181 of 85676

The best Northern European music is The Knife and anyone who disagrees is just wrong and probably wears AE shoes. 

post #71182 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I can't say I hate it, but like I said it just doesn't hold my attention too long.
it's like interpol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

have you ever had the pasta dish at Scarpetta?

nope, never been. Is it good? I see they sell sauces online / in stores.
didn't know about selling the sauces, but the dish at the restaurant is fucking incredible. It's also like $30, but everytime I'm near the restaurant I think about stopping in and just doing it. Which, I have done before.
post #71183 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I really try to like her, but I just can't get into her songs. I mean, I get it, I like listening to them a few times and reading the lyrics because she has some cool things to say, but there's nothing that totally grabs me and keeps me there. Sure, there is a lot of texture in her music, but I don't like the vocal styling. There seems to be very little melody in her songs, and the vocals are more of just another texture, which I get bored with easily. My girlfriend is obsessed with her so I try my best to give it a good shot. I can't say I hate it, but like I said it just doesn't hold my attention too long.

Björk is definitely not to everyone's taste, so I don't judge people who don't like her work.

On the other hand, if someone tells me they can't get into L.A. Guns then I judge them severely.
post #71184 of 85676
I'm really pissed off Interpol is playing NYC, but it is an outdoor concert. I hate "festivals" and outdoor shows, I refuse to go. Hopefully they will throw in a few more NYC shows at the end as they have done that in the past.
post #71185 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

it's like interpol.

You're just a philistine.
post #71186 of 85676
festivals can be lame, but there's also the advantage of space. Pull out a blanket and relax on the ground while the crazies occupy the front. Can't do that in a club.

also, you just don't like them because at least at a club you can wear a suit and it's reasonable to assume you came right from work. At a festival, you're that clown who showed up to a music festival wearing a suit and tie.
post #71187 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

it's like interpol.

You're just a philistine.

i was listening to them the other day. I liked the song at first, but then I thought they were trying too hard. I forget the song, but the bridge was way too crowded. The next part was very good.
post #71188 of 85676
I can no longer think of a music festival without thinking about dancing guy starting a "movement." This is part of why I hate CEU conferences so badly.
post #71189 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

it's like interpol.
didn't know about selling the sauces, but the dish at the restaurant is fucking incredible. It's also like $30, but everytime I'm near the restaurant I think about stopping in and just doing it. Which, I have done before.
Is the Scarpetta in NYC affiliated with the one in South Beach (at the Fountainbleu)? Because maybe I need to try this dish
post #71190 of 85676
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

it's like interpol.
didn't know about selling the sauces, but the dish at the restaurant is fucking incredible. It's also like $30, but everytime I'm near the restaurant I think about stopping in and just doing it. Which, I have done before.
Is the Scarpetta in NYC affiliated with the one in South Beach (at the Fountainbleu)? Because maybe I need to try this dish

yep. Cheaper there (only $24). It's kind of commercialized now, but it still delivered last time I went.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!