or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shopping in Naples Today
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shopping in Naples Today - Page 3

post #31 of 45
-
Edited by aph999 - 1/26/14 at 4:33am
post #32 of 45
Thread Starter 
Sales started the 2nd of July in Naples. Today at piccolo I was tempted by a custom washed down chambray and an Atelier Romentino stripes (for a pinned club collar idea I have)
post #33 of 45
Pricing indeed was good. When we stopped by I got some Testa 90cm cuts, an old Romentino linen/cotton mix and the last pieces of a very heavy striped oxford.



Left mine at Anna Matuozzo together with some Riva and Bonfanti I brought from home.

post #34 of 45
Does Riva shirting go on sale too?
post #35 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangiuseppe View Post

Does Riva shirting go on sale too?

Yes, I once bought a length at Buonanno (before they had their pre-close sales) for €90 in October 2012.

Don't expect the shirt to be finished though. wink.gif
post #36 of 45
I will be in Rome in the next few days, let's see if I can score some good deals
post #37 of 45
Thread Starter 
Unfortunately Buonanno shut down and the others did not seam to have the Riva on sale this time. There are two large shirting shops in Rome worth checking out
post #38 of 45

lol,just went to napoli one week ago.Nice city.I am quite interested on your trousers maker?who is it?

post #39 of 45
Thread Starter 
In Naples for the weekend. Borrelli's shop in via Fialangieri looks to be in liquidation with an "everything must go" sign and 80% on goods in the windows.

Argenio has also a special sale on everything in the shop, but they are not closing. Worth checking them out if passing by Naples as they have jacket cuts at 40 to 70% off. I picked up a cut of this Scabal Shetland in dark blue:

Edited by marcodalondra - 3/8/15 at 4:35am
post #40 of 45
Borrelli finally off then? Would be a shame...
post #41 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

Argenio has also a special sale on everything in the shop, but they are not closing. Worth checking them out if passing by Naples as they have jacket cuts at 40 to 70% off. I picked up a cut of this Scabal Shetland in dark blue:

Nice stuff, Marco!
Are you making anything up this time? I might stop by Volpe's next month to make a couple of suits.

Yasu
post #42 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasu10s View Post

Nice stuff, Marco!
Are you making anything up this time? I might stop by Volpe's next month to make a couple of suits.

Yasu
Hi Yasu,

Not this time. IT was just an impulse buy. I have also two three piece suits and a sport jacket with him that I am still due to attend a first fitting but I am at my heaviest in 10 years and want to shed some weight before I finalise these.

I have another two suit length, several sport jackets and flannel trousers unfounded that will also find their way to the tailor once I am back in shape....
post #43 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

Unfortunately Buonanno shut down and the others did not seam to have the Riva on sale this time. There are two large shirting shops in Rome worth checking out

buonanno shut down? that's a big loss. great shop
post #44 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post

buonanno shut down? that's a big loss. great shop
over a year ago, you can buy fried calzone now in its place
post #45 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

over a year ago, you can buy fried calzone now in its place
sad times
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shopping in Naples Today