or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shopping in Naples Today
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shopping in Naples Today - Page 2

post #16 of 38

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

Picture threads are the best!

post #17 of 38

Like that Albini chambray!

post #18 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

I have posted the final shirts in the Folded shirts thread.
Here is a picture of an Houndstooth tie in white/blue and linen pocket square from Giorgio Napoli, visited after being suggested by a fellow forum member:
468

Beautiful shirts. In the future lose the cocktail ciuffs. They look pimpy.
post #19 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

Like that Albini chambray!

Me too, good choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Beautiful shirts. In the future lose the cocktail ciuffs. They look pimpy.

Now what is bad about that? wink.gif
post #20 of 38
That chambray is sweet. Which Thomas Mason book is that from?
post #21 of 38
Thread Starter 
Thanks everybody.

The Chambray is just basic Albini, not the Thomas Mason range. It was off a roll, not a book, but they told me it was a new range, they took one roll to see if it sold. Price was sweet too, I believe around €46 for two meters.

About the cocktail cuff, IMO it depend on regionality, work environment etc. I wear double French cuff with cuff links virtually everyday at work in London, some times convertible single cuff with links and once in a Blu moon I wear barrel with button, this is another variant. I like the look and comfort of it. In fact I may order one more , probably with hidden front placket as well. The beauty of ordering bespoke shirts is that you can do what you want, and I like to play with things but stay within certain limits. I have already discussed with Enzo Prisco future commissions that may include a detached collar morning shirt, and an evening dress shirt with the front bib, cuff, and collar in the whitest linen instead of Marcella...
post #22 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

Thanks everybody.
The Chambray is just basic Albini, not the Thomas Mason range. It was off a roll, not a book, but they told me it was a new range, they took one roll to see if it sold. Price was sweet too, I believe around €46 for two meters.
About the cocktail cuff, IMO it depend on regionality, work environment etc. I wear double French cuff with cuff links virtually everyday at work in London, some times convertible single cuff with links and once in a Blu moon I wear barrel with button, this is another variant. I like the look and comfort of it. In fact I may order one more , probably with hidden front placket as well. The beauty of ordering bespoke shirts is that you can do what you want, and I like to play with things but stay within certain limits. I have already discussed with Enzo Prisco future commissions that may include a detached collar morning shirt, and an evening dress shirt with the front bib, cuff, and collar in the whitest linen instead of Marcella...

Sounds cool - I must say once more that Enzo is a great guy who makes wonderful shirts
post #23 of 38
Thread Starter 
The future has arrived sooner then originally thought. I have dropped off the chambray and cellostar with Enzo Prisco today plus a detachable collar to be duplicated and a picture of another one to be made... Hopefully pictures will follow soon
post #24 of 38
Thread Starter 
I Have posted the two shirts in the folded shirt's thread:

Albini's Chambray http://www.styleforum.net/t/36514/folded-up-shirt-p0rn/3540#post_5629756

Sic Tess' Cellostar http://www.styleforum.net/t/36514/folded-up-shirt-p0rn/3540#post_5629767
post #25 of 38
Thread Starter 
Linen shopping day today, stripes is Carlo Riva, the four solids are Irish Linens, same producer as the LL linen but less then half the price here in Naples
post #26 of 38
Did you get all this from Piccolo? I was in Naples last week but only shopped in Cappelli.
post #27 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsod View Post

Did you get all this from Piccolo? I was in Naples last week but only shopped in Cappelli.
The Irish linen was from a shop near Gianni Volpe. The Riva linen I just noticed a shop that had shirting on offer and when I went in they had some Riva rolls on offer with few linens, mostly candy stripes with pink, purples, purple/blue etc. this was the only one that I liked.
post #28 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

Back in my homecity: Extreme hot weather makes it virtually impossible walking around the city for some sales shopping, plus the sunburns I got yesterday on the seaside did not help :-(

In any case I did find some shirting on offer and bought them for future commisions from Prisco:
468

Top to bottom: An "Operato" by Atelier Romentino (a diagonal sateen whale on a voile structure), a new Chambray from Albini and Cellostar from SicTess. I have also ordered some "old" Loro Piana Tasmanian 120s for a pair of replacement trousers and seen some interesting Guabello fabrics from Caccippoli. On Friday I will have a fitting with Gianni Volpe and will hopefully be able to post some pictures..

 

 Marco - could you pls share the code for that Albini chambray.

post #29 of 38
Thread Starter 
H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post

 Marco - could you pls share the code for that Albini chambray.
ET,

I think someone asked before in this thread or in the finished shirt thread, but this was off a 30m roll that just arrived in the shop,no fabric numbers as such. I was shown the roll with the edge marking "Albini" and told about some extra info. What is more, Albini use different codes all together if ordering cut lenght then the wholesale rolls sale. I am sure the Albini rep/shop can talk to the HQ. It was a new line, a trial as I understand for that year, to see if it sold, or it will have not been reproduced... I should have bought more for some BD shirts, but hopefully I will find it again.
post #30 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcodalondra View Post

H
ET,

I think someone asked before in this thread or in the finished shirt thread, but this was off a 30m roll that just arrived in the shop,no fabric numbers as such. I was shown the roll with the edge marking "Albini" and told about some extra info. What is more, Albini use different codes all together if ordering cut lenght then the wholesale rolls sale. I am sure the Albini rep/shop can talk to the HQ. It was a new line, a trial as I understand for that year, to see if it sold, or it will have not been reproduced... I should have bought more for some BD shirts, but hopefully I will find it again.

 

Got it, thanks

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Shopping in Naples Today