or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes - Page 7

post #91 of 292
the cloth is absolutely amazing, wanted the fishtail but got the field.

will try and get the fishtail next year along with the shearling if I can, you're right it is very expensive.
post #92 of 292
New hoods:

http://shop.havenshop.ca/collections/ten-c
post #93 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

Anyone picking up the shearling liner? I have the quilted one which I will never end up using, but the shearling one definitely looks good.


You better not be a size 46
post #94 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceoceo View Post

You better not be a size 46

No worries there - 50
post #95 of 292
post #96 of 292
Are there belt loops on the back of the snow smock? Thinking of buying one and would prefer to wear it without the belt. May look weird to wear it beltless if it has a row of loops on the back.
post #97 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroke5 View Post

Are there belt loops on the back of the snow smock? Thinking of buying one and would prefer to wear it without the belt. May look weird to wear it beltless if it has a row of loops on the back.

Wouldn't that be the field jacket?
post #98 of 292
the snow smock has loops.
post #99 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by London View Post

the snow smock has loops.

Actually - watching the ten-c video - the snow smock has belt loops and an integrated hood - those are the 2 differences from the field jacket.
post #100 of 292
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

Actually - watching the ten-c video - the snow smock has belt loops and an integrated hood - those are the 2 differences from the field jacket.

The snow smock also has different pockets, buttons instead of snaps, different sleeve details (buttoned strap instead of velcro, no glove guards) and doesn't have the same type of pleated shoulder/back construction as the field jacket. There are probably differences in the cut too.
post #101 of 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLaw View Post

The snow smock also has different pockets, buttons instead of snaps, different sleeve details (buttoned strap instead of velcro, no glove guards) and doesn't have the same type of pleated shoulder/back construction as the field jacket. There are probably differences in the cut too.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.
post #102 of 292
the cut is different the field is little boxy so for those that want have slim fit could drop a size,

the snow smock however is a little more fitted and with the belt you can of course adjust the fit, go true with this one.
post #103 of 292
when you add in the liner the snow smock fits spot on, but it is a little boxy as well.
post #104 of 292
I know that Fivestory in NYC is having a sale nowish - not sure if Ten C is included at all.

I still wish the shearling had a bit more actual shearling - seems like a lot of money for two front panels on a quilted jacket.
post #105 of 292
^ From what I see, The front half only thing is done on purpose to reduce the bulk.
I am actually thinking of contacting shearling apparel makers in New England Area to see if I can make a custom vest/liner. The last time I looked at Spanish Merino Sheepskin it would cost around $200 for the material large enough for a jacket; double the cost for labor and its still under half the price of the Ten C. If the liner goes on sale, cool. If not, I may as well make a full shearling vest liner!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes