or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Buying twice the same perfect garnment?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Buying twice the same perfect garnment?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
Hi all,

Have you ever bought two pieces of the same garnment because you loved it and you were afraid not to find the same one in a couple of years when the first would die smile.gif ?

The best exemple I have in mind would be a raw pair of jeans that will fade over time to finally brake or the perfect sneakers you would love to keep for ever in your wardrobe.

I just found the perfect chino. I love everything about it except that I know it won't be reissue next year. I was just asking myself if it would be a good idea to buy a second one to keep it in my personnal stock shog[1].gif

Cheers,

R.
post #2 of 21
If it's your perfect chino and it's a one-off item you don't expect to see again, buy 10.
post #3 of 21
Yep I do this frequently, especially if on sale.
post #4 of 21
makes perfect sense if its a product that fits great, especially if its hard to find stuff that fits you great. personally i plan on stocking up on the wings and horns 2 packs, i just think their great tees
post #5 of 21
i never buy the same clothing twice, if you gain or lose wieght then it wont fit properly anymore. plus what is the point of wearing the same thing. and your tastes will change with time. also there is always something better out there. so save your money and just buy one.
post #6 of 21
Have like 30 of the same T shirt, couple pairs of the same sweats and jumpers. If it fits good and its a basic don't see why not.
post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroh View Post

i never buy the same clothing twice, if you gain or lose wieght then it wont fit properly anymore. plus what is the point of wearing the same thing. and your tastes will change with time. also there is always something better out there. so save your money and just buy one.

I quite agree about the weight issue.
Regarding the tastes changes I was more thinking about essential basics such as a pair of indigo jeans or khaki chinos.

I could have turn this thread into "What garnment you owned in the past do you miss the most?". I am quite sure you had an amazing piece in your wardrobe few years ago you would love to buy again if it would be possible wink.gif.
post #8 of 21
Buy at least two. Can you get different colors?
post #9 of 21
I've definitely bought items more than once in order to have a back up...

I have 2 pair of the same w+h corded cloths. 6 w+h v-necks...still have an unopened two pack.

probably about to purchase a second pair of RRL denim of which I already own (taking advantage of a sale which doesn't normally apply to core items).

also on the hunt for another pair of margiela trainers in the original colorway to just keep in the box until my current pair is ready for the trash (close..).
post #10 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexet View Post

I quite agree about the weight issue.
Regarding the tastes changes I was more thinking about essential basics such as a pair of indigo jeans or khaki chinos.
I could have turn this thread into "What garnment you owned in the past do you miss the most?". I am quite sure you had an amazing piece in your wardrobe few years ago you would love to buy again if it would be possible wink.gif.

Nothing is essentiel. I don't own chinos or indigo jeans.
post #11 of 21

Definitely a good idea to get it again if it's on sale. Also, good incentive to keep yourself in the same shape so you can wear it when the day comes to toss out the old ones!

post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTribe View Post

If it's your perfect chino and it's a one-off item you don't expect to see again, buy 10.

+1.
post #13 of 21
Thread Starter 
My problem is that I have so many clothes on my wish list that it is a little hard to spend on double garnments smile.gif
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexet View Post

My problem is that I have so many clothes on my wish list that it is a little hard to spend on double garnments smile.gif

then don't but the same ones twice, I drop off all my clothes off at the goodwill before they even show signs of wearing out, because you WILL GET BORED of it

but all my clothes lasts quite a few years so unless you are doing construction work in your stuff then just don't
post #15 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohde88 View Post

Buy at least two. Can you get different colors?

I've done that a few times, buy two or three of the same garment, but in different colours. Because I like the style, feels good, fits well and the quality is OK.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Buying twice the same perfect garnment?