I'm resetting my entire closet, and I know what my next two suits will be, but I'm unsure of the order and configuration of those purchases. My closet (out of the stuff I'm keeping) includes:
- Wool 2B SB Navy Birdseye Samuelsohn Suit
- Wool/Linen Mix 2B SB Tan Samuelsohn Suit
- Linen 2/3 SB Light Grey SC Angelo Nardelli (not sure if anyone recognizes the maker here - full canvassed, unlined beauty)
- Wool 2B SB Medium Brown with Blue windowpane unlined SC with 4B SB waistcoat made by Crittenden Sport
- Wool 2B SB Navy with riddish-orange SC - BB Fitzgerald
- Wool/Linen 2B SB Light grey (has a tweed look) with pink thread woven in SC - BB Regent
I know that my next two suits will come from Samuelsohn, and one will be charcoal herringbone and the other a medium grey sharkskin. Both will also be 3-piece, with lapels on the waistcoat.
My questions are:
1. Which comes first? My thought is to do the charcoal first. They'll likely come 6 months apart.
2. I want to go SB on one waistcoat and DB on the other. Which waistcoat should go with each fabric?
3. Can you really do a shawl lapel on the waistcoat when your suit is a notch lapel?
4. Any other suggestions for additions to the wardrobe?
Also, if anyone could post pics of their DB waistcoats with SB suits, I would appreciate it. I feel like I need to see it in action before I can pull the trigger. A previous thread had some, but the suits are quite dark, and its tough (on my monitor at least) to see much detail.