or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Brooks Brothers vs. Suit Supply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Brooks Brothers vs. Suit Supply - Page 5

post #61 of 68

Good point. But I want something fully canvased and of high quality, with pen pockets and everything. Still, I have never been to a Suit Supply, and now that they have one in DC, I should go check it out for myself.

post #62 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronbvp View Post

First time poster, long time lurker. My biggest frustration with the Milano is that BB doesn't offer it in suit separates. I would try Suit Supply, but again they don't offer separates that fit me. In a perfect world, I wear a 43R jacket and 34S trouser, so separates are a must for me if I buy off the rack - hence my (boxy) JAB Signature Gold Separates. 

I have OTR slim-fit fused suits from Macy's, the Alfani Red, and I like them. My Alfani Red fit is a 42R jacket (a little tight when I wash my hands) with a 33 flat-front trouser with a short rise. I tailored the cuffs on the jacket and pants and they fit very well. However, they are inexpensive suits made in India (and one in China) and they won't hold up over time, I don't think. So, I am going to take my best fitting Alfani Red to an MTM guy and get a quality fully-canvased suit that fits me like the suit I already own.

Has anyone else thought of doing something similar if BB and SS aren't quite offering what you need?

doesn't brooks brothers also have a MTM program? Should be easy - tell them the milano jacket size and pants size and say "recreate this"?
post #63 of 68

Good question, I'll have to find out. In my experience, anything outside BB's usual processes (helping you with an OTR Regent) can cause them to be a bit balky. But I haven't asked that question, so I will.

post #64 of 68
For what it's worth, Brooks Brothers 1818 sportcoats are now being made in China. I just experienced this unfortunate circumstance upon delivery of my latest website order.
post #65 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgo View Post

For what it's worth, Brooks Brothers 1818 sportcoats are now being made in China. I just experienced this unfortunate circumstance upon delivery of my latest website order.

Some of their sportcoats are made in Asia, but they typically have a cheaper price tag.  Most of the 1818 sportcoats I've looked at have been made in the U.S. or Italy.

post #66 of 68
The one I got had a regular price of $495. It's half-canvassed.
post #67 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgo View Post

The one I got had a regular price of $495. It's half-canvassed.

Sounds about right for the price point I was talking about.  I got a made in Thailand blazer a few years ago that was half canvassed and had a regular price of $450 or so (got it on sale for $225 or so).  While the descriptions for the nicer jackets on the website do not seem to say where they are made, I would be surprised if BB stopped making the majority of its 1818 level sportcoats at Lardini and Southwick.

post #68 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Shoes1 View Post

Sounds about right for the price point I was talking about.  I got a made in Thailand blazer a few years ago that was half canvassed and had a regular price of $450 or so (got it on sale for $225 or so).  While the descriptions for the nicer jackets on the website do not seem to say where they are made, I would be surprised if BB stopped making the majority of its 1818 level sportcoats at Lardini and Southwick.

 



Thanks for the info.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Brooks Brothers vs. Suit Supply