or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Shrunk APC New Stanards
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shrunk APC New Stanards

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
I brought them to the dry cleaners and they shrunk them. They are now far too tight on my waist/groin.

Anyone have any luck unshrinking them?
post #2 of 10
Wear them, they will stretch.
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thanks. Any less painful way? Some type of magical soak?
post #4 of 10
How would a soak unshrink the jeans??? Have you ever washed your own clothes????
post #5 of 10
is the length ok? how many buttons can you close?
post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
The length is OK. I can close them all. It's just far too tight and hurts.
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Turtles View Post

I brought them to the dry cleaners and they shrunk them. They are now far too tight on my waist/groin.
Anyone have any luck unshrinking them?

When you say "dry cleaners," I assume they washed them in water/soap, and didn't actually "dry" clean them, correct? As for restretching raw denim, yes, but it's definitely painful at first. APC denim is sanforized, I'm pretty certain, so you'll be able to do it.

Edit: I guess sanforizing technically minimizes shrinkage, not prevents it totally. But you'll be OK.

OTOH, if they're unhemmed and a size 31, I'll take them off your hands for 50 cents on the dollar:)
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Turtles View Post

The length is OK. I can close them all. It's just far too tight and hurts.

should be OK. APC stretches like a mofo.
post #9 of 10
Have someone else wear them for awhile.
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thanks all for the responses. Will just wear them and struggle through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razele View Post

How would a soak unshrink the jeans??? Have you ever washed your own clothes????

Nope. Usually your mother washes them for me.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Shrunk APC New Stanards