or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Diablo III / 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diablo III / 3 - Page 36

post #526 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

there is a guy in the office who is 50+... might need to speak to him about his productivity lol8[1].gif

 

games out for 40 hours and only 50+?  total lack of dedication.

post #527 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

I know it's been answered before, but I don't feel like reading this whole thread. How taxing is this game on a PC? Been thinking that I need a new rig and it would be nice to get back into PC gaming.

I am going to build a rig ground up on the cheap and going to follow hoozah's build here.

Of course this isn't a true hardcore gaming machine, but since my last/current rig was purchased in 2004, this is a huge step up performance wise for me.
post #528 of 1647
For those concerned about whether to salvage or vendor, just take a look at the AH for mat prices.

For the most part, it is better to vendor. Normal level essences only AH for ~20 gold, nightmare for ~40, hell for ~150. Most things vendor for much more. Even the rares that give you lizard eyes don't AH for much.

This could change as more and more gold enters the market.
post #529 of 1647
whats the best budget video card out there on the market?

I've always liked nvidia but my current card is an ati so it would be less driver hastle to swap to another ATI card....basically I guess I don't care either way.

Looking to spend...I dunno...around a hundred bucks? little more or a little less if the performance per dollar is there.
post #530 of 1647
^HD 6870 too much? Maybe 6850 then?
post #531 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

I am going to build a rig ground up on the cheap and going to follow hoozah's build here.
Of course this isn't a true hardcore gaming machine, but since my last/current rig was purchased in 2004, this is a huge step up performance wise for me.
Take the cheapest RAM.
post #532 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

whats the best budget video card out there on the market?
I've always liked nvidia but my current card is an ati so it would be less driver hastle to swap to another ATI card....basically I guess I don't care either way.
Looking to spend...I dunno...around a hundred bucks? little more or a little less if the performance per dollar is there.

I guess at $100 you could look around for a radeon 6770. Rebates, if they show up, might knock it down to $90, based on what I'm seeing on Newegg. I would probably spend a little more and get the 6850, or the 6870 if you can swing it.

If you want nvidia, the 192 bit version of the 460 is 140 with rebate taking it down to $100. I don't know if it comes recommended.
post #533 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

^HD 6870 too much? Maybe 6850 then?

Here in america you can get a 7750 for $110...or is that one of those things where its really the second digit that matters? the 7000 series is newer but the X8XX is a nicer card than the budget X7XX cards?

edit: ah, I see that the above is true and the 6850 is a better card and costs a bit more (haven't researched cards in a while).

May still do something like the 7750 since it doesn't require a MONSTER heatsink and fan and will be quieter...
Edited by otc - 5/17/12 at 5:10pm
post #534 of 1647
Thread Starter 
Go all out and get the gtx 680
post #535 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitlets View Post

For those concerned about whether to salvage or vendor, just take a look at the AH for mat prices.
For the most part, it is better to vendor. Normal level essences only AH for ~20 gold, nightmare for ~40, hell for ~150. Most things vendor for much more. Even the rares that give you lizard eyes don't AH for much.
This could change as more and more gold enters the market.
Thanks.. even NM rare are available for 35g ea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Go all out and get the gtx 680
Lame. Get the 690 or none!
post #536 of 1647
Thread Starter 
Hhahah wow they came out with a 690 already? Ridiculous
post #537 of 1647
I've got a frozen pizza in the oven, the first can of mountain dew I have brought home in years, and a copy of diablo on a real computer. Time to pretend I am in high school again.

Bring it on bitches.
post #538 of 1647
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

I've got a frozen pizza in the oven, the first can of mountain dew I have brought home in years, and a copy of diablo on a real computer. Time to pretend I am in high school again.
Bring it on bitches.

I hate you. I'm stuck at the airport.
post #539 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

I've got a frozen pizza in the oven, the first can of mountain dew I have brought home in years, and a copy of diablo on a real computer. Time to pretend I am in high school again.
Bring it on bitches.
biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Just finished my first run-through of the game. Not bad. Way too easy on Normal difficulty, though. Now I'm debating whether to start a new character class and to play through the game again, or to level up the DH that I just finished the game with.
post #540 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

I've got a frozen pizza in the oven, the first can of mountain dew I have brought home in years, and a copy of diablo on a real computer. Time to pretend I am in high school again.
Bring it on bitches.

Classic! Hahaha. Definitely brings back the memories of playing D1.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Diablo III / 3