or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Diablo III / 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diablo III / 3 - Page 4

post #46 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

I never got to Sunwell, I quit a few months after the those Bug raids were added (damn, why can't I remember the name?) and then picked up again with a brand new character after BC came out. Gave my old rogue to my brother. Most of my big raids were MC and BWL.
My brother sold that account after he got both of the Twin Blades of Azzinoth (his guild was within the first 10-20 or so in the world to take down Illidan I think).

Ahn'qiraj 20 and 40?
post #47 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by gort View Post

Ahn'qiraj 20 and 40?

Bang. That's it. I did the 20 man and we were gearing up for the 40 when I gave account to my brother. He took that account till the end of BC and then sold it. Neither of us have played an MMO since.
post #48 of 1647
Have any of you preordered yet? Specifically, the Collector's Edition?
post #49 of 1647
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

Have any of you preordered yet? Specifically, the Collector's Edition?

I pre ordered the regular version. Never really saw the value in the collector versions of games..
post #50 of 1647
You could preorder the collector's edition, never open it, and try to hock it on ebay years later.
post #51 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Did you do any end game raids or dungeons? If not, you didn't really experience what WoW has to offer. End game 25 man heoric is a completely different world than leveling up a toon.
I got on Vent and stepped down as guild's MT last night. frown.gif

Sad about stepping down as the MT (huge role as you well know) and all that, but it's good to know that you have priorities irl which will always trump a game, even if it does affect your guildmates.

40 man raids (when in a legit guild) were pretty epic. The 25 man raids never felt quite as hectic and exhilarating (LOL) to me.

Grinding was one of my favorite things, tbh. Blast some tunes or mess around with guildies on Vent while farming for rep or gold was a favorite. The occasional PvP kept things interesting too. Nothing like owning some fools and having them call their punk guildies on you then wiping the floor with them with just 3 of your own.

IRL always trumps online.

Grinding is okay with me, laptop on the couch, watch TV, drink and chat with wife. Raiding is in my home office, on my gaming desk top, using my big widescreen montior.

What's really sad is I'm not going to down Madness. Last week we got to Madness late, did a few attempts, and I figured we would have it this week. Going to have that "in progress" under my 25 man heoric frown.gif
post #52 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post


IRL always trumps online.
Grinding is okay with me, laptop on the couch, watch TV, drink and chat with wife. Raiding is in my home office, on my gaming desk top, using my big widescreen montior.
What's really sad is I'm not going to down Madness. Last week we got to Madness late, did a few attempts, and I figured we would have it this week. Going to have that "in progress" under my 25 man heoric frown.gif


couold get it when panda is out

post #53 of 1647
Did you guys not make a sorc so you could do meph bot runs? Thats where D2 was at.
post #54 of 1647
i loved, and i mean LOVED d2. what an awesome game. don't really have the time for video games anymore frown.gif also i maintain that wow died when they switched away from the 40 man raid structure. probably the most fun i ever had in that game was hunting the world dragons or fighting outside the AQ gate opening

actually it was wiping guilds as they tried to run kazaak.
post #55 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

Did you guys not make a sorc so you could do meph bot runs? Thats where D2 was at.

Never used a bot to do runs, but I did have a Sorc who only did Meph runs and had MF gear. It's where I got the bulk of my gear for my other chars and items used for trading. Man, those were the days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post

i loved, and i mean LOVED d2. what an awesome game. don't really have the time for video games anymore frown.gif also i maintain that wow died when they switched away from the 40 man raid structure. probably the most fun i ever had in that game was hunting the world dragons or fighting outside the AQ gate opening
actually it was wiping guilds as they tried to run kazaak.

I hope you can make a little time for some D3. happy.gif Would be awesome to have some SF peeps to play this game with. I've been away from the Diablo world for so long that it's going to be exciting to jump back into it.

Although, my understanding is there is a cap of 4 players per game?
post #56 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imhoff View Post

Never used a bot to do runs, but I did have a Sorc who only did Meph runs and had MF gear. It's where I got the bulk of my gear for my other chars and items used for trading. Man, those were the days.
I hope you can make a little time for some D3. happy.gif Would be awesome to have some SF peeps to play this game with. I've been away from the Diablo world for so long that it's going to be exciting to jump back into it.
Although, my understanding is there is a cap of 4 players per game?

yeah, 4 players per. a lot of people are raging about it but i think they put it in to discourage higher level chars coming in and wiping meph/whatever and causing the dreaded "this quest cannot be completed in this game." should be fine, and considering that automatically excludes at least one character class, it may have an impact on party composition for when the game actually gets hard.

40 days left. this is going to fucking rule. i bought d2/lod at least 3 separate times after throwing it out and swearing it off and going back to it time and time again... i played it from grade 8 all the way through to university. fuck that's sad.
post #57 of 1647
Ice sorc on meph runs so you could build an end game barb
post #58 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

yeah, 4 players per. a lot of people are raging about it but i think they put it in to discourage higher level chars coming in and wiping meph/whatever and causing the dreaded "this quest cannot be completed in this game." should be fine, and considering that automatically excludes at least one character class, it may have an impact on party composition for when the game actually gets hard.
40 days left. this is going to fucking rule. i bought d2/lod at least 3 separate times after throwing it out and swearing it off and going back to it time and time again... i played it from grade 8 all the way through to university. fuck that's sad.

You raise a good point about eliminating one character class from the game. It does add some interesting strat to partying. Is it really only 40 days away!?!? icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Cannot wait to find my first unique item. smile.gif Back during Diablo 1 days, I found The Needler crossbow. I used that damn bow forever because I didn't know better. Hahaha.

And I normally don't play PvP or make any PvP builds. But I did have a Barb decked out in complete IK gear with upgraded items as well as a nice torch. That Barb owned lots of chars, the only one that got me was the damn Necro with an Enigma.
post #59 of 1647
Blizzard? I always preferred meteor for Mephy.

I had a sick obsession with building bad melee druids with Buriza.
post #60 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdykarim View Post

Blizzard? I always preferred meteor for Mephy.
I had a sick obsession with building bad melee druids with Buriza.

Ice Orb!! Had that skill and I believe Fireball maxed. With some points in that random Thunder bolt spell.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Diablo III / 3