or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Diablo III / 3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Diablo III / 3 - Page 14

post #196 of 1647
Played the monk 'til level 5 then couldn't log back into his game, but I didn't really like him anyways. Playing a witch doctor now (level 8), lot more fun.
post #197 of 1647
I like the new skill tree tbh how you can increase the level of a skill with runes. that's why I don't think I can make a judgement on a character until I play it past the demo level (20?) because looking further ahead (level's 50-60) they all get pretty good.
post #198 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

I like the new skill tree tbh how you can increase the level of a skill with runes. that's why I don't think I can make a judgement on a character until I play it past the demo level (20?) because looking further ahead (level's 50-60) they all get pretty good.

But because everything's pre-set there's really a limited amount of combinations you can choose.
post #199 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post

But because everything's pre-set there's really a limited amount of combinations you can choose.

true. D2 had a lot of capabilities. I always made different necromancer classes (skellymancer was my favorite) which is why I think i'll like the witch doctor the most.
post #200 of 1647
Man, even though the game's graphics don't look all that advanced it still uses up some serious juice. I'm running it on a laptop with a solid processor (2.0ghz sandy bridges i7) and a meh card (Radeon 6570) and I can't play on high settings without a serious dip in FPS.
post #201 of 1647
diablo has always been more of an action game than an rpg. to me, it looks like they streamlined the game to focus on its strengths - loot and carnage, and they've structured the game to reflect that. i dont have any issue with them taking out skill and stat points as stat points were almost always str/dex for gear then all vit, and most character builds had you spamming one skill repeatedly.

now, with all skills available, and 7 variations on each skill and multiple skill slots, they are making the game a hell of a lot more tactile. its a clickfest, yes, but its a really fun clickfest - and that's all diablo has ever been. the crafting system will really solve the MF grind issue; instead of grinding bosses repeatedly for gear, you'll just craft stuff that scales with you as you play. if you don't think of this as diablo 2.5, its a lot of fun.
post #202 of 1647
Played the beta, looks like carpal tunnel won't be a problem anymore since we can just hold down the mouse button.
post #203 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesamourai View Post

Played the beta, looks like carpal tunnel won't be a problem anymore since we can just hold down the mouse button.

I had major hand cramps after play. It looks like my days of
click...click...click..click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.click.clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick

are over.
post #204 of 1647
Of the little I saw of it, I'm a big fan of the crafting system. Probably one of the best things they've done. It's actually useful, doesn't require endless resource gathering or macroing, and it makes shitty magic items worth something.
post #205 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesamourai View Post

Played the beta, looks like carpal tunnel won't be a problem anymore since we can just hold down the mouse button.

Spamming click makes you attack faster, just like in D1.

Can't waaaait! As I posted over in SWD side, I lined up my work/intern to end the day of Diablo III. I'll be playing that shit all summer before I head off to grad school.

Maybe even use the real money auction house to make a little cash while I'm at it.
post #206 of 1647
I may use the auction house to (to buy, not sell) looks like gear in D3 will really make or break your progress in he harder difficulties.
post #207 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoozah View Post

I may use the auction house to (to buy, not sell) looks like gear in D3 will really make or break your progress in he harder difficulties.

making pocket change off of 15year olds while playing a videogame? win. making real life money > progress in a videogame, even if it is just enough for a starbucks.
post #208 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

making pocket change off of 15year olds while playing a videogame? win. making real life money > progress in a videogame, even if it is just enough for a starbucks.

Only if its cost effective. Spending 2 hours to get $10 worth of stuff doesn't seem worthwhile, unless you would have spent the 2 hours playing and doing the same thing anyway.
post #209 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard369 View Post

Only if its cost effective. Spending 2 hours to get $10 worth of stuff doesn't seem worthwhile, unless you would have spent the 2 hours playing and doing the same thing anyway.

thats the point of d3; there's no more grinding bosses or "mfing." the way crafting and mf and the nephalem valor buff is set up, grinding will be a thing of the past. i'll just play the game, see how much good items are selling for, and do it. honestly, it'll probably be a ridiculously tiny amount of money, but the concept of even earning any kind of real money for playing a videogame is great.

i would be beyond thrilled with 2$ every 2 weeks; it doesn't matter how minimal it is biggrin.gif
post #210 of 1647
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

thats the point of d3; there's no more grinding bosses or "mfing." the way crafting and mf and the nephalem valor buff is set up, grinding will be a thing of the past. i'll just play the game, see how much good items are selling for, and do it. honestly, it'll probably be a ridiculously tiny amount of money, but the concept of even earning any kind of real money for playing a videogame is great.
i would be beyond thrilled with 2$ every 2 weeks; it doesn't matter how minimal it is biggrin.gif

I see the appeal of buying items when you're working all the time and can only play a few hours a week. Buying a few items here and there = going out for a night and buying a drink or two.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Entertainment and Culture
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment and Culture › Diablo III / 3